Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Still no title reveal… Looks like it will be announced at the end of the trailer, like they did with Endgame and The Rise of Skywalker. Not a bad idea to keep the McGuffin a secret for a bit longer :thumbup:

The sets will definitely be amazing, but I do hope Mangold delivers and it's not another '70-year-old Ford acting like he's in his twenties' type of Indiana Jones movie.

Logan gives me hope, because they really focused on his age, but Indiana Jones is a different type of movie and franchise...

I absolutely can't wait to see a trailer or the sets, though I assume the latter will have to wait quite a bit longer by comparison. I'm hoping for a proper tongue-in-cheek name like "Indiana Jones and the Passage of Time" :)

I just hope that the dual mold hat//hair piece doesn't disappoint in the end.

Speaking of hats,have you guys though of using Cad Bane's new hat on Indy?

Edited by Pulp Detective

I just read one of Empire's articles, and Mangold addressed my main fear, and so my hype went really up.

For Mangold, it was all about the challenge of making a final Indiana Jones film. “It became really important to me to figure out how to make this a movie about a hero at sunset,” he says, noting that he steered the film further in that direction. “The issues I brought up about Indy’s age were not things I thought were being addressed in the material being developed at the time. There were ‘old’ jokes, but the material itself wasn’t about it. To me, whatever your greatest liability, you should fly straight towards that. If you try to pretend it’s not there, you end up getting slings and arrows the whole way.”

In another one they were talking about an action scene set at the Apollo 11 ticker tape parade, with Boyd Holbrook's Klader (Voller's henchman essentially) on a motorcycle, so I think that might be one of the sets.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

In another one they were talking about an action scene set at the Apollo 11 ticker tape parade, with Boyd Holbrook's Klader (Voller's henchman essentially) on a motorcycle, so I think that might be one of the sets.

Huh, I expected Holbrook‘s character to be a good guy! That scene does sound like a good idea for a set though :thumbup:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Huh, I expected Holbrook‘s character to be a good guy! That scene does sound like a good idea for a set though :thumbup:

If I had a nickel for every time Boyd Holbrook played the main villain's henchman in James Mangold's movie about an old, popular character, with it also being their final solo movie, I'd have two nickels.

Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If I had a nickel for every time Boyd Holbrook played the main villain's henchman in James Mangold's movie about an old, popular character, with it also being their final solo movie, I'd have two nickels.

Indiana Jones is in deadpool 3?

Glad to hear they're taking the movie seriously. I hope we see a trailer soon, though. I feel like this movie's been in development for AGES.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Indiana Jones is in deadpool 3?

Glad to hear they're taking the movie seriously. I hope we see a trailer soon, though. I feel like this movie's been in development for AGES.

According to James Mangold himself, we will see the trailer before December 13th — which is really soon.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hehe, good one! Now we only need a Johnny Cash song in the trailer and a scene where Indy fights a clone of himself and its' perfect :laugh_hard:

Shame we didn't get a title but those Empire covers look great. If the trailer is attached to Avatar 2 has some have speculated we'll hopefully see it soon.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, Tariq j said:

Shame we didn't get a title but those Empire covers look great. If the trailer is attached to Avatar 2 has some have speculated we'll hopefully see it soon.

James Mangold confirmed we'll get it before December 13th.

On 11/19/2022 at 8:00 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't wait to get a Nazi Mads Mikkelsen minifigure.

Damn, I am really anticipating all of those sets.

I just hope they don’t skip out on a Mads Mikkelson figure here like they did for Star Wars, Marvel and Wizarding World.

I’m really looking forward to the movie, and in a weird way, I’m almost more excited to see what those Indy 5 sets look like even though I’m more excited for the classic remakes. They could be anything, whereas we kinda have a general idea of how these original trilogy remakes will look. Ideally, I’ll be going to the Lego Store on April 1st to pick them up but we’ll see. (I’ll possibly get the GOTG sets then too, I’m pretty sure they come out that day as well.) 

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The link isn't working for some reason.

While I'm glad that we have official (kinda) comfirmation about the release date it annoys me that we still don't know what the 150$ set is all about.

Edited by Pulp Detective

C-a-n-'t  w-a-i-t for these sets. I believe the TLG plans to bankrupt me next year. With Indy returning, Jurassic Park, Disney 100, Lotr back, and surely lots of Marvel and Star Wars and other surprises... I might have to skip eating next year in order to get all this stuff.... :head_back:

Speaking of LOTR I'm disappointed with how TLG decided to handle the whole thing.They clearly aiming at an adult audience which is why there are mostly brickheadz and only one ridiculous expensive set that might or not have some minifigs.

Other than Indy and possible Harry Potter I don't have anything else to look foward to regarding Lego next year which is okay for me and my wallet :head_back:

Are we aware if this theme is going to continue after the initial wave?  Personally I am hoping it will as there is so many areas that were never covered from the first four movies.  I would love to see something based off of The Last Crusade with the invisible bridge and the Holy Knight. 

46 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we aware if this theme is going to continue after the initial wave?  Personally I am hoping it will as there is so many areas that were never covered from the first four movies.  I would love to see something based off of The Last Crusade with the invisible bridge and the Holy Knight. 

As things stand at the moment, we know about the 4 sets that will release in April and 4 more sets based on the 5th movie that are speculated to come out in June. That's everything we know for the time being. 

Personally I don't expect anything else from 2023 in regards to this theme unless there are some exclusive sets that might pop out or some brickheadz. 

3 hours ago, snoozle said:

C-a-n-'t  w-a-i-t for these sets. I believe the TLG plans to bankrupt me next year. With Indy returning, Jurassic Park, Disney 100, Lotr back, and surely lots of Marvel and Star Wars and other surprises... I might have to skip eating next year in order to get all this stuff.... :head_back:

For me, Indy 5 and Lotr returning is enough to bankrupt me. We already know about some great SW and marvel sets coming (501st battle pack, GOTG3 ship, final duel diorama, lego morbius), so a $500 Minas Tirith or something is going to make me have to sell my kidney.

3 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

Speaking of LOTR I'm disappointed with how TLG decided to handle the whole thing.They clearly aiming at an adult audience which is why there are mostly brickheadz and only one ridiculous expensive set that might or not have some minifigs.

I mean, it makes sense. Indy 5 and avatar both have new movies coming out, which is guaranteed to draw at least some attention to sets. (Personally I do not think avatar 2 will do as well as everyone seems to think it will, though). LOTR has... an adult-oriented show that'll have been out for half a year or more by the time the sets release. Kids aren't gonna know about LOTR in the way it was in the general audience's mind when the Hobbit movies were releasing.