Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Pulp Detective said:

I don't see why we should consider the indy sets as delayed.

Because they must‘ve started to work on the sets in early 2021 for the initial 2022 release. The final delay of the movie was only announced last October, after all :wink:

11 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Because they must‘ve started to work on the sets in early 2021 for the initial 2022 release. The final delay of the movie was only announced last October, after all :wink:

True but I don't think they are like the Eternals sets where there were already pictures available.

I'm rather curious about their original plans they had for the sets for this year if it weren't for the delay of the movie.Considering the original release date for the movie this year I think they were planning to release the OG sets on april and the sets about the new movie in July.

Edited by Pulp Detective

On 8/23/2022 at 10:17 AM, Pulp Detective said:

True but I don't think they are like the Eternals sets where there were already pictures available.

I'm rather curious about their original plans they had for the sets for this year if it weren't for the delay of the movie.Considering the original release date for the movie this year I think they were planning to release the OG sets on april and the sets about the new movie in July.

I just hope we hear more soon, I'm worried these will be a late 2023 release 

3 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I'm worried these will be a late 2023 release 

I doubt it,unless the movie gets delayed yet again. For me the worst case scenario is an April release for the first wave.

According to @Brick Clicker, we can expect the first wave in the middle of 1HY, so around March or April.

Sucks, especially since we already have descriptions, but so many themes get sets in January that it‘s sort of understandable :shrug_oh_well:

Could also be February though, as there‘s nothing else scheduled for that month yet as far as I‘m aware

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker, we can expect the first wave in the middle of 1HY, so around March or April.

I expected this yet I'm still disappointed 😔

Edited by Pulp Detective

Could also be February though, as there‘s nothing else scheduled for that month yet as far as I‘m aware

Could be, also isn't May concidered part of the summer season?

Edited by Pulp Detective

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

May is still 1HY :wink:

I see.So yea probably March or April as you said yourself.Now if only we had more info to keep us occupied until the release.

Funny to report, but in the warehouse at Lego they have several images of Indiana Jones. These are years old and they are now being adjusted. More gray hair and all. And 2023 we can see them at Lego stores.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sucks, especially since we already have descriptions, but so many themes get sets in January that it‘s sort of understandable :shrug_oh_well:

February is extremely unlikely, as it's LEGO's most-hated month.

We never get waves of sets in February, especially licensed (unless they appear in stores before March 1st, but that doesn't count).

3 hours ago, TandNbricks said:

Hopefully we see the pictures soon! I thought I read October somewhere.

That was under the assumption that the sets were going to be released in January, which is apparently not the case. We can thus expect pictures in December or January, I assume :shrug_oh_well:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That was under the assumption that the sets were going to be released in January, which is apparently not the case. We can thus expect pictures in December or January, I assume :shrug_oh_well:

Well hopefully we will get some factory leaks until then.

I’m personally glad that the sets are coming in March. It gives me more time to save up lol. I think we could get leaked set pictures by the end of the year, since these have probably been designed for a while before the film delays.

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

I’m personally glad that the sets are coming in March. It gives me more time to save up lol. I think we could get leaked set pictures by the end of the year, since these have probably been designed for a while before the film delays.

Late December is when we usually get to see the March sets anyway, as that‘s when the consumer catalogues for 1HY get distributed :classic:

14 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We never get waves of sets in February, especially licensed (unless they appear in stores before March 1st, but that doesn't count).

Weren‘t the Trolls sets scheduled for February, at least in regular shops? And the sole Overwatch 2 set was also intended to be released that month before it got axed. Also, Brickheadz! :tongue:

February and July are definitely the least busy months in terms of new releases, but that doesn‘t mean it‘s outside the realm of possibility :laugh:

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

Yeah, what we have to hope for now is that someone at lego screws up and accidentally unveils them. After all, we know the images exist, since Promobricks got pretty detailed descriptions.

And I'm also fine with them being March releases. I'm probably only going to get one of the two smaller sets, but it'll put enough of a buffer between it's release and jan 1 that I'll have some money left after spending my life's savings on infinite copies of the battlefront 2 battle pack.

Weren‘t the Trolls sets scheduled for February, at least in regular shops? And the sole Overwatch 2 set was also intended to be released that month before it got axed. Also, Brickheadz! :tongue:

February's not completely out of the realm of possibility, but I'd put my money on March 1st.

And thanks for reminding me about that overwatch set. I swear, if that and the osprey have to get canned, but they end up putting Miller's Flash in a set, my face is going to melt off like the nazis at the end of Raiders.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Yea I'm betting my money on March as well,unless we get lucky and they release them one month earlier.Personally I have no reason to save money since I only plan on buying the tomb set,unless of course the remaining expensive mystery set turns out to be a looker.

Edited by Pulp Detective

So I watched Brick Clickers latest stream where he summarized all the 2023 leaks thus far and what stood out to me was when he said that he "presumes" about the possible March or April release window for the first wave.Unless I misinterpeted what he said,I assume he isn't sure about the exact release date.

8 hours ago, Pulp Detective said:

I assume he isn't sure about the exact release date.

I believe no one is sure about it, we don't have much to go on with about release date besides pure logic and speculation.

On a side note, an idea popped into me head about that 150$ set. It could possibly be Brunwald Castle from Last Crusade:

Schloss Bürresheim - a Medieval Castle in the Woodlands - German Culture

Would fit with LEGO making multiple castles now. :pir-grin:

18 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

I believe no one is sure about it, we don't have much to go on with about release date besides pure logic and speculation.

Which is weird to me. How come we know the release dates of pretty much everything scheduled for 1HY except for these sets? :wacko:

Unless they pull a Monkie Kid, which I highly doubt

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which is weird to me. How come we know the release dates of pretty much everything scheduled for 1HY except for these sets? :wacko:

Unless they pull a Monkie Kid, which I highly doubt

Have them as store exclusives? I hope not, I still have bad memories from my experience with the official lego eshop. 

I 'm certain we will hear more details as autumn approaches.