Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I’m happy to forego the rhino if they give us giraffes, a lion and snakes. How very reasonable of me 

43 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Snakes? Why did it have to be snakes?

This is why it has to be snakes. We need the origin sets

Edited by williejm

7 hours ago, williejm said:

The train we want is from the start of TLC - complete with giraffes 

Preach :thumbup:

On 1/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, BitByBrick said:

Vehicles? What about… 1) the circus train from the Last Crusade?

That’s what I said ;) The set must include a “cross of Coronado” accessory piece, of course. What about the villains’ chase car or his friend with the trumpet? 

I wonder when we will get a teaser for the return, probably around May, depending on the release. A nice tagline would be "adventure is back" or, I love this one, "If adventure had a name it would be Indiana Jones, coming this fall". 

Really hoping they do a line of young Indiana Jones sets. I think the episode ‘mystery of the blues’ would be an epic story to tackle, it’s got everything: Jazz music, sit down conversations about why racism is wrong, Ernest Hemingway and of course, a few punches are exchanged 😎 perhaps Indy’s dorm room could make for a fun build, or when he is at the jazz club listening to the silky smooth tunes. 

I also think the old Indy scene have potential, like when he goes to jail for beating up a donut shop employee. Would love him in minivigre form.  

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

I wonder when we will get a teaser for the return, probably around May, depending on the release. A nice tagline would be "adventure is back" or, I love this one, "If adventure had a name it would be Indiana Jones, coming this fall". 

Hard to tell, TLG are not really consistent when it comes to teasers :laugh: The Mario theme for instance was announced on a very fitting date (March 10th), while other reveals happened rather randomly (e.g. Trolls and Minions, which were announced in quick succession almost a year before the latter’s release). 

My guess would be sometime in Summer :shrug_oh_well:

Lego probably already has the licence if they want to release Indy sets this year. 

Edited by Textorix

5 hours ago, Mr No said:

Hasbro picked up the Indiana Jones license, they will start releasing toys in 2023. Thought it would be pretty big. Of course, I doubt Lego would announce it in a press release. 

https://news.toyark.com/2022/01/26/hasbro-extends-star-wars-license-with-lucasfilm-mattel-gets-disney-princess-456132

Pretty funny coincidence: TLG's contract with Lucasfilm regarding Star Wars is also running out this year :grin: This means they could actually do the same thing Hasbro did and announce the return of Indy simultaneously with an extension of the SW license for another ten years :thumbup:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

12 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Pretty funny coincidence: TLG's contract with Lucasfilm regarding Star Wars is also running out this year :grin: This means they could actually do the same thing Hasbro did and announce the return of Indy simultaneously with an extension of the SW license for another ten years :thumbup:

And 10 years of Indy please :laugh:

21 hours ago, Mr No said:

And 10 years of Indy please :laugh:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but how on Earth would they fill ten years of sets based on Indy? :laugh: Unless they start doing sets based on books, comics, and the TV show, but those aren't really canon :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I appreciate you enthusiasm, but how on Earth would they fill ten years of sets based on Indy? :laugh: Unless they start doing sets based on books, comics, and the TV show, but those aren't really canon :tongue:

Videogames, perhaps we get an animated series. 

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I appreciate you enthusiasm, but how on Earth would they fill ten years of sets based on Indy? :laugh: Unless they start doing sets based on books, comics, and the TV show, but those aren't really canon :tongue:

Make it like The Simpsons or SpongeBob: 1-3 sets max per year. :pir-huzzah1:

8 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Make it like The Simpsons or SpongeBob: 1-3 sets max per year. :pir-huzzah1:

Heh, good one :grin:

I sure hope it runs longer than two years this time, but Indy doesn‘t have the same evergreen potential that other franchises have, but it doesn‘t really need to :classic: Cover all of the films with 3-4 sets each, give us all major players this time, and we‘re golden

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Heh, good one :grin:

I sure hope it runs longer than two years this time, but Indy doesn‘t have the same evergreen potential that other franchises have, but it doesn‘t really need to :classic: Cover all of the films with 3-4 sets each, give us all major players this time, and we‘re golden

Exactly! Indiana Jones is one of my all time favorite themes, and I think a large part of that was because it was quality over quantity. If this reboot does a dozen or so quality sets and maybe a D2C then vanishes for another decade, I honestly think it'd be for the best.

I have extremely fond memories of watching Young Indiana Jones, playing all the games, and reading the comics back when I was a kid, but I really have no interest in sets based on anything outside of the main movies (and more importantly, I doubt Lego does either).

The one exception I could MAYBE see them making in this regard is the new Indiana Jones game Bethesda is working on. It's certainly going to be a pretty high-profile release, and if they're still making sets whenever it releases I don't see why the wouldn't give it a tie-in or two.

Well, if they de-age Indy in the 5th film, which is most likely, I would even say confirmed, then I guess the cgi will be pretty much perfect, after seeing that BoBF episode and imagine what a movie budget will do. :wink:

51 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh no, if that's what they're going to do... my excitement would drop to zero then.

Well, we will get flashbacks to when he was young. But it will be mostly old Indy, I think. 

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

Well, we will get flashbacks to when he was young. But it will be mostly old Indy, I think. 

If it's just flashbacks then I'm okay with it, but if they are going to do a whole movie with Harrison pretending to be young... please, no.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If it's just flashbacks then I'm okay with it, but if they are going to do a whole movie with Harrison pretending to be young... please, no.

Oh no, there are rumours that he might become young thanks to some time travel stone but I think that's bs, but we saw WWII flashbacks and a young Indy mask used by stunt men. Mangold said Indy's age will be adressed in this film so I think we only get flashbacks, now the question is how much flashback heavy it will be.