Sign in to follow this  
Huigberts Builds

Seinfeld Lego Ideas Discussion

I searched but couldn't find a topic for this set so I made one.

It appears that Newman's face just leaked on the usual place. Of course it could also be used for Dennis in Jurassic Park, but looking at the timing it's probably for Seinfeld.

Of course, as others have discussed in different topics, there's also the blue hair from the "Everyone is awesome" set, which I think might be a good fit for Kramer if used in a different colour (if not for Stranger Things' Steve).

Any thoughts?

Newman!

and yeah that hair could be a great fit for Kramer as well. 

When is this Seinfeld set supposed to come out?

From the Teaser, I think these are the outfits that they're using

Left - Right
LEGO-Ideas-Seinfeld-tease-featured.jpg

Kramer
2021_kramer_seinfeld_getty_2000x1270.jpg
(Pictured centre)

George
u9e5331lhdjy.png
(Pictured on the right)

Jerry
rs-134768-20140708-seinfeld-x1800-140483
(Second to the left)

Elane
bb3c6fa3d7ff3bc6a9b6105341026411.jpg

Newman
newman_jerry_seinfeld.png
(Pictured on the left)

Seinfeld-LEGO.jpg

Overall pretty damn close to the Ideas Submission/

Holding out hope that Jerry Stiller's character is included though
LEGO-Costanzas-Seinfeld.jpg?w=750

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Which hairpiece are they using for Seinfeld? Don't recognise it... :wacko:

Its new I think

16 hours ago, DrCoomer said:

Does George have the regular minifig legs? He should really have the medium legs. He's a shorter character in the show.

I think that colour does exist as medium legs. (But maybe with printing on it?)

that hairpiece on Jerry looks new and already so cool. The 90ies were so ugly, even uglier than the 80ies, i love it! I do hope he has printed white sneakers btw

Someone messed up on the images. Newman is using the wrong head in the official pics

He's using the George head

LEGO-Ideas-21328-Seinfeld-08.jpg

While he should be using this head

LEGO-Ideas-21328-Seinfeld-10.jpg

Also, a bunch of the photography seems to have a printing error on Jerry's mouth. Seems super weird to have these be the official images

Edited by Brick Cucumber

This has been my most wanted set for over a year... and now that it's revealed I must admit that I am disappointed.

My main issue is the minifigure faces don't look as good as the original project. I'm only happy with Newman, all the other final minifigures seem angier and less expressive than the original project.

There is a bit too much space between the wall cabinet and the refrigerator.

The lights above this filming set don't look that good and make the set look too tall. I would probably remove them when I get this set for myself.

The box looks so dull compared to the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. LEGO set box. I was hoping that this set would also come in a vibrant white box, instead of this lame black box.

I wish there were more references to jokes in the show. I thought that there would be the painting "The Kramer" included as a sticker. At least they got the art of George posing in his underwear as a sticker :P

I was hoping that there would be a mini vignette of Jerry on stage doing his stand-up comedy and I was happy to see it included. Unfortunately, it's basic as hell - not too impressive at all. 

I feel like this set didn't get the same amount of love and care as the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. sets did.

I don´t care for the show, but 1300 + parts for 80 € is a great part-out value, good colors!

I’ll be buying this. And i even think that those sitcom sets are becoming a great theme :-)

I’ve been obsessed with Curb Your Enthusiasm, so I hope this set’s existence means that Lego Larry David is not far away

I wonder if i should give Jerry dual moulded legs. Or are there also black legs with white sneakers printed on?

5 hours ago, NickLafreniere said:

My main issue is the minifigure faces don't look as good as the original project. I'm only happy with Newman, all the other final minifigures seem angier and less expressive than the original project.

For me too. Georges is the one that bothers me most. Are there any other faces, or even customs, that would be a good replacement?

Edit: looks like the original ideas submission uses Egon's face with darker eyebrows so I think that'd work well

Edited by Zepthire

Personally I'm a much bigger Friends fan than Seinfeld (never seen a full Seinfeld episode, in fact), but I like the looks of this set much better than the Friends Apartments. The Friends Apartments looked far too big with much too many empty studs, and not the detail-packed look of the sets in the show (the girls' apartment especially). This Seinfeld one looks far more finished and more compact like the Central Perk.

The minifigures all look recognisable to me except maybe Seinfeld himself, whose faces are a bit odd.

Been waiting for this set for a long long time, it's a day one purchase for me. Hopefully they do another set like they did with Friends. Would love to see the coffee shop. 

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

Been waiting for this set for a long long time, it's a day one purchase for me. Hopefully they do another set like they did with Friends. Would love to see the coffee shop. 

Same here. The only minor disappointment for me is it would've been a great opportunity for Lego to make a Superman microfig instead of using a plain blue one. 

Currently building this set and I like it.

Is this the first time LEGO has ever included something representing a computer mouse in a set?