Murdoch17

Bluejay Way - French pirate hunter ship (4184 MOD) - WIP MOC

Below we see a French sailing ship called "Bluejay Way", which operates out of the Caribbean hunting for pirates on the authority of French King Louis the ??th. (Captain Du Pont has been out of touch with France for so long, he's forgotten which numbered king blessed the voyage and which one sits on the throne currently.) Who knows, and who cares: there are pirates to hunt!

Viva La France!

51198530433_b1e2f111e7_z.jpg

Ok, so I took set 4184 (The Black Pearl) and gave it sails inspired by set 31109 (Creator Pirate Ship) I then wanted to give it a more bluecoat flair, but the 2015 torsos and flag are VERY expensive and to hard to find in quantity, so the Bluecoats became French, and the torsos... well, I'm not revealing that bit yet!

51198322171_3d641db732_z.jpg

The ship has been stretched out to have another row of cannons, (bringing the total up to 8) and raising the captain's cabin up a couple bricks. The rear of the ship, up near the lanterns should feature the name "Bluejay Way" in printed 1 x 1 tiles. Also missing are the two 1 x 2 rounded edge plates for the moving rudder, and the 13 golden window pane parts.

51198322206_4d8af7df22_z.jpg

The access to the cannons' area consists of the removable deck below the smaller boat.

51199098094_22761fe8fc_z.jpg

Also of note, the last mast can be taken out to get to the captain's cabin below.

51199386280_bd7f02f55d_z.jpg

Led by the brilliant Captain Gerald Du Pont, the men of the Bluejay Way are out to hunt down pirates and bring them to justice.

Side note: Captain Du Pont lost his right leg to the green-coated Captain of the English pirate ship "The Yago", whom Gerald especially wants hunted down and captured by any means necessary!

51199386225_213a52ce09_z.jpg

Here is all the stuff together.... well, almost all of it.

51198623833_100517d955_z.jpg

See, I thought about adding the Creator set 31120 (Medieval Castle) and turning it into a Caribbean fortress with the "Tower' B Model turned into a lighthouse, while the "Market" C model will just be recreated in LDD as just the wall... no buildings other that that, as I think it will be cheaper than buying another copy of the $100 (US) set.

51197718072_ce51ed7f43_z.jpg

Just to prove how dedicated I am to getting the Bluejay Way pirate hunter built, here is a shot of the parts collected thus far.

Oh, and if you figured out Bluejay Way is a reference to the Beatles song of the same name, (in name only) you get a cookie! :pir-huzzah1:

Comments, questions, suggestions, and comments always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice ship.

I think all this blue has to "break" with the addition of some color, like yellow... or maybe red/orange?

8 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

51198623833_100517d955_z.jpg

See, I thought about adding the Creator set 31120 (Medieval Castle) and turning it into a Caribbean fortress with the "Tower' B Model turned into a lighthouse, while the "Market" C model will just be recreated in LDD as just the wall... no buildings other that that, as I think it will be cheaper than buying another copy of the $100 (US) set.

LEGO is releasing a new Castle set? Damn...

I have resisted buying the Blacksmith, but now it seems I'll get both in the end... there goes my money...

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus