Sign in to follow this  
adde51

CDC1 Tale: The end of Kaligem...

Every child in Historica knows the story of Kaligem. The great city which was once the center of the whole continent, only to one day suffer the wrath of the gods... 

So for this challenge I had to do some research and finally decided to go with one of the most famous tales of old. This scene depicts the final moments of Kaligem, as the god Bonash called down his greatest fury. An enormous wall of sand that swept in and engulfed the city, forever burying it and transforming the surrounding environment to the huge desert we all now love! 

51199090965_9bf8f72d2f_c.jpg

Thanks for having a look :sweet:

A savage build, it brings to mind the Atlantis myth. I am imagining what it would be so, and its scary. Nice motion sense and the colours look nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Amazing MOC!

Also awesome to see that legends and lore created by the very first Kaliphlin members are still inspiring today :sweet:

Woooh, nice! 
Has the city of Kaligem ever been found again? Or does it remain hidden from men and gods? Is there any group in pursuit of the hidden city? Is there something special and magical buried in the sand that will bring a second wave of pain and horror, or happiness and glory to the folk, once brought bake to daylight? Reviving the dead? Managing the weather to its will? Bringing unspoken power to the carrier? 

Beautiful work with this micro Kali build. It's always a joy to see a creative stretch in a different perspective. And that wave of sand is scary! Awesome entry, Adde.
Skol!

A great choice for a tale to retell!  Nice work on the wave of sand, especially around the edges; the exposed studs contrast well with the cracked ground! 

On 5/23/2021 at 8:49 PM, Niku said:

A savage build, it brings to mind the Atlantis myth. I am imagining what it would be so, and its scary. Nice motion sense and the colours look nice.
Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, glad you liked it!

On 5/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, Maxim I said:

Amazing MOC!

Also awesome to see that legends and lore created by the very first Kaliphlin members are still inspiring today :sweet:

Thanks! Fun to research a bit on Historica's old lore. 

On 5/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Woooh, nice! 
Has the city of Kaligem ever been found again? Or does it remain hidden from men and gods? Is there any group in pursuit of the hidden city? Is there something special and magical buried in the sand that will bring a second wave of pain and horror, or happiness and glory to the folk, once brought bake to daylight? Reviving the dead? Managing the weather to its will? Bringing unspoken power to the carrier? 

Beautiful work with this micro Kali build. It's always a joy to see a creative stretch in a different perspective. And that wave of sand is scary! Awesome entry, Adde.
Skol!

Thanks dude! Skol yourself, haha! You ask a lot of very interesting questions, I guess it's up to us to figure it out :wink:. Perhaps Mophet has some connection to that old city... 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:20 PM, Kai NRG said:

A great choice for a tale to retell!  Nice work on the wave of sand, especially around the edges; the exposed studs contrast well with the cracked ground! 

Thanks a lot, had to go with something Kali-related, haha! 

Nice micro build!  It's very obvious the city is getting buried in the sandstorm.  Nice use of the new 1x2 round plates.  Well done!

The contrast between the tan of the surrounding desert + the about-to-crash-down waves and the white/green of the city really helps convey the action here--I wonder if that might have been further enhanced by swapping the black boarder for tan as well.  I totally love your use of the 3-leaf stem pieces as palm trees.  Going to have to remember that!

Another nice MOC adde51!

This is one of the most dynamic micro-builds I think we've seen in Historica :thumbup:
Great to see such an important part of Kaliphlin lore be illustrated so well :classic:

On 5/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, adde51 said:

Every child in Historica knows the story of Kaligem. The great city which was once the center of the whole continent, only to one day suffer the wrath of the gods... 

So for this challenge I had to do some research and finally decided to go with one of the most famous tales of old

I need to do more reading into the history books I guess.  Thank you for bringing this part of history forward with a wonderful MOC!  The base/ground around the city is terrific - great use of the limb elements in microscale to show where the fertile soil is around the river.

Great micro build.  I like the oasis and the walled city.  The giant wall of sand looks menacing, really brings the whole story of the city to life here. 

Best micro build I've seen in ages. They usually aren't this ambitious.