4 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

Ronin slides the glass of water back to Thorvald,
FRa4548.jpeg
"That is quite unnecessary."
He directs his attention back to the bashful Menahi,
FRa4548.jpeg
"It is an honor."

51365917518_c954a880db_t.png
"Quite unnecessary? Well, fine by me, stranger." Nondos returns to his liquor as he takes a seat at the bar, next to the two heroes. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the organization. I'll be honest, I'm not used to quiet bars. Before joining up on the board of directors for this guild, I was a famous gravipod racer, you know? I mean, I still technically am, I'm just diversifying my portfolio a little bit. You ever heard of the Calliope Cup, or the Urizi 500, friend?"

Edited by Kintobor

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Quite unnecessary? Well, fine by me, stranger." Nondos returns to his liquor as he takes a seat at the bar, next to the two heroes. "Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the organization. I'll be honest, I'm not used to quiet bars. Before joining up on the board of directors for this guild, I was a famous gravipod racer, you know? I mean, I still technically am, I'm just diversifying my portfolio a little bit. You ever heard of the Calliope Cup, or the Urizi 500, friend?"

FRa4548.jpeg
"No, I can not say I have."

Aysu swirled her drink to keep the glitter floating. "I didn't really follow the racing, growing up we could be a few bounces from civilization. Missed all the live broadcasts." She shrugged. "Looks fun though."

Enson quietly walked into the hall, his fur glistening with the freshness of a recent cleaning.  It was clear that he had made the most of his post-garbage delving shower.  Making his way over to his preferred seat he leaned over to pick up his teacup, still sitting where he had left it.  His face took on a slightly disgruntled expression and he held the cup - cold, just as he'd expected.  With a resigned gesture, he made his way over to the bar and held the cup out towards Thorvald.  "Excuse me," he said, "but could you microwave this?"

10 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg
"No, I can not say I have."

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Aysu swirled her drink to keep the glitter floating. "I didn't really follow the racing, growing up we could be a few bounces from civilization. Missed all the live broadcasts." She shrugged. "Looks fun though."

"Eh? Neither of you follow the gravipod racing scene? Well, I guess I have a fresh audience!

The Calliope Cup: the race held on Tehanulan every year. That was the time, a few years back, I managed to "thread the needle". Part of the course takes one through the rocky atolls of the Calliope Keys. There's a rock formation known as the Needle, since it, well, looks like a great stone needle sticking out of the sea. So, there I was, racing through the atolls, taking a tight turn, when to my shock a number of gravipods ahead of me had crashed. The horror, I though, surely I would be joining them next, but then I remembered that I was not merely some racer, I was Nondos Aghonzath, famous throughout the Arm for my daring feats of skill behind the wheel! I steeled myself, positioned my gravipod just right, and sailed through the air as I propelled myself off one of the crashed gravipods as I used it as a ramp! Then it came into sight: the Needle. I feared for the worst as it approached, and then I realized something as the adrenaline wore off and I was back onto the course: I had threaded the Needle!

Now, I didn't come in first, mind you, but I did make the headlines for doing what so few have done! The news said I was going places." Nondos nods, fondly smiling as he takes another swig from his liquor bottle, his sharp pearly whites gleaming in the light of the hall.

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson quietly walked into the hall, his fur glistening with the freshness of a recent cleaning.  It was clear that he had made the most of his post-garbage delving shower.  Making his way over to his preferred seat he leaned over to pick up his teacup, still sitting where he had left it.  His face took on a slightly disgruntled expression and he held the cup - cold, just as he'd expected.  With a resigned gesture, he made his way over to the bar and held the cup out towards Thorvald.  "Excuse me," he said, "but could you microwave this?"

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"I mean, I could." Thorvald takes the cup from Enson, places it in a microwave, and presses a series of buttons which turns on the microwave. After a few moments, Thorvald returns to Enson his cup. "Let me know when you want a freshly brewed pot."

13 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I mean, I could." Thorvald takes the cup from Enson, places it in a microwave, and presses a series of buttons which turns on the microwave. After a few moments, Thorvald returns to Enson his cup. "Let me know when you want a freshly brewed pot."

"Why waste the existing cup?  And thank you very much."
With a nod he carefully sat down and began to drink the remains of his tea.

On 8/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, Kintobor said:

"Eh? Neither of you follow the gravipod racing scene? Well, I guess I have a fresh audience!

The Calliope Cup: the race held on Tehanulan every year. That was the time, a few years back, I managed to "thread the needle". Part of the course takes one through the rocky atolls of the Calliope Keys. There's a rock formation known as the Needle, since it, well, looks like a great stone needle sticking out of the sea. So, there I was, racing through the atolls, taking a tight turn, when to my shock a number of gravipods ahead of me had crashed. The horror, I though, surely I would be joining them next, but then I remembered that I was not merely some racer, I was Nondos Aghonzath, famous throughout the Arm for my daring feats of skill behind the wheel! I steeled myself, positioned my gravipod just right, and sailed through the air as I propelled myself off one of the crashed gravipods as I used it as a ramp! Then it came into sight: the Needle. I feared for the worst as it approached, and then I realized something as the adrenaline wore off and I was back onto the course: I had threaded the Needle!

Now, I didn't come in first, mind you, but I did make the headlines for doing what so few have done! The news said I was going places." Nondos nods, fondly smiling as he takes another swig from his liquor bottle, his sharp pearly whites gleaming in the light of the hall.

FRa4548.jpeg
"Most impressive."

On 8/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, Duvors said:

"Why waste the existing cup?  And thank you very much."
With a nod he carefully sat down and began to drink the remains of his tea.

Thorvald shrugged.

"Fair enough. Let me know when you need more and I'll put a kettle of the stuff on."

5 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg
"Most impressive."

"I'll say." Nondos raises a finger before pointing it towards Ronin. "What about you? What kind of work did you do before joining this fine guild? Got any interesting stories?"

"That sounds super cool!" Aysu thrilled at the racing story, "I'm better with shooting than piloting, my brother could get the grav-skiff to do some crazy things. Nothing like that though."

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I'll say." Nondos raises a finger before pointing it towards Ronin. "What about you? What kind of work did you do before joining this fine guild? Got any interesting stories?"

Not wanting to reveal too much about himself at this time, Ronin attempts to deceive Nondos.
FRa4548.jpeg
"No."

On 8/13/2021 at 5:21 PM, Peppermint_M said:

"That sounds super cool!" Aysu thrilled at the racing story, "I'm better with shooting than piloting, my brother could get the grav-skiff to do some crazy things. Nothing like that though."

"Well, I'm glad someone around here appreciates my tales of daring and teeth-grinding, pulse pounding action! Listen, it takes a lot of years behind the controls of a gravipod to get where I am. Tell your brother that if he sticks at it, I'm certain he can be a racer. He might even race against me!" Nondos takes a swig from his bottle. "Beating me, however? That I'm going to doubt, gwaHA HA HA!" Nondos roars raucously, laughing to himself at his own joke. 

On 8/13/2021 at 5:48 PM, Yzalirk said:

Not wanting to reveal too much about himself at this time, Ronin attempts to deceive Nondos.

"No."

Nondos looks at Ronin, his eyes piercing through him. The menahi's grin grows, his sharp, pearly whites glistening in the light. Ronin could get a feeling that Nondos knew he wanted to avert away from the subject, and if he wanted to, could press him for further information.

"Alright then, keep your secrets." Nondos shrugs and goes back to his drink, his grin shrinking but still present. "I won't force you into something you don't feel comfortable doing. I can respect wanting to be alone at the bar. There's been a few nights where I've had that feeling of wanting to be alone with my thoughts."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Nondos looks at Ronin, his eyes piercing through him. The menahi's grin grows, his sharp, pearly whites glistening in the light. Ronin could get a feeling that Nondos knew he wanted to avert away from the subject, and if he wanted to, could press him for further information.

"Alright then, keep your secrets." Nondos shrugs and goes back to his drink, his grin shrinking but still present. "I won't force you into something you don't feel comfortable doing. I can respect wanting to be alone at the bar. There's been a few nights where I've had that feeling of wanting to be alone with my thoughts."

FRa4548.jpeg
"Thank you for understanding, friend.  Perhaps in time you will learn more about me."

On 8/14/2021 at 8:59 PM, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg
"Thank you for understanding, friend.  Perhaps in time you will learn more about me."

"Perhaps I shall." Nondos nods, returning to his drink. "I suppose we shall have to wait and see."

Decker cracks his knuckles, and then heads up to the mission board. Keying in his name, he signs up for Mission #5: Slay Ride.

Grabbing a barstool, he thinks on the nature of the request itself, and the requirements.

"Sled-wyrms are a thing?" he muses aloud. "Well, the desert got cold at night, but snow might be an adjustment..."

15 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Sled-wyrms are a thing?" he muses aloud. "Well, the desert got cold at night, but snow might be an adjustment..."

"Aye, well known for their use on that frozen hel-hole of a planet, Recivic. Big race they have there every couple of decades, the Ivishin."

Current Sign Ups for Mission #5: Slay Ride
Aysu (Peppermint M)
Ronin (Yzalirk)

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Aye, well known for their use on that frozen hel-hole of a planet, Recivic. Big race they have there every couple of decades, the Ivishin."

"Pardon me for asking, sir, but what is the Ivishin?"  He spread his hands.  "I'm not exactly familiar with... things from outside the Empire, you see."

"Oh yea! I signed up so I want to learn stuff, I might get picked and I don't want to go in blind." Aysu leaned in to listen to the racer. 

21 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Pardon me for asking, sir, but what is the Ivishin?"  He spread his hands.  "I'm not exactly familiar with... things from outside the Empire, you see."

"Or outside your own paradise climate I'd imagine. BWAHAHA!! No offense, that serene planet of yours is one of the most beautiful I've ever laid eyes on, almost a little too peaceful. Now the Ivishin... well it's one of the longest terrestrial races for sure. Every 30 years when the planet Recivic is at its winter solstice... that's when the snow and ice is the thickest you see... they host a cross planet race featuring racers from all over the galaxy, though some of the best definitely come from the cooler planets. Mainly because that's where you can best train sled-wyrms... they're a smaller breed of drakes and thrive in those frost-bitten wastes you see. So each racer has a skiff and a team of sled-wyrms to pull it and then they spend the next two weeks trekking across the frozen tundras of the planet all in hopes of winning a nearly 1000 credit purse. It's a staple of the Cricet culture and something they've held onto even as companies like Kristal Ice have moved in. If you're interested on making a wager on the outcome I can certainly put you in touch with some of the more reputable bookies."

Enson made a face upon hearing his planet described as 'serene' but said nothing.  Once the racer had finished speaking he gave a slight bow and said "Thank you for the offer sir, but I am afraid I do not gamble."  He looked pensive for a moment.  "In truth I'm not one for big game hunting either, but whoever does go there will have need of medical services."  Having said that he got up from his seat and strode over to the board, entering his name for Mission 5.  He noticed that the list hadn't updated properly, only displaying two names when four people had signed up.  Slightly irritated, he gave the device a little corrective whack and, after seeing it had updated properly, returned to his seat.

On 8/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

Aysu (Peppermint M)
Ronin (Yzalirk)

"I'll bite, how big are these things, anyway?" Decker holds out his arms, displaying his full wingspan. "'Bout here, or? And, geez, every couple of decades, huh? Whatever sporting events I could catch on the radio back on Akharif were a touch more frequent. As well as a little more, uh, rowdy." "Gladiatorial" might've been the better word in Decker's case. "God, I wish I was the genius who thought of pitting banged-up mining machines against each other to decommission 'em. I'd be rolling in credits."

36 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Enson made a face upon hearing his planet described as 'serene' but said nothing.  Once the racer had finished speaking he gave a slight bow and said "Thank you for the offer sir, but I am afraid I do not gamble."  He looked pensive for a moment.  "In truth I'm not one for big game hunting either, but whoever does go there will have need of medical services."  Having said that he got up from his seat and strode over to the board, entering his name for Mission 5.  He noticed that the list hadn't updated properly, only displaying two names when four people had signed up.  Slightly irritated, he gave the device a little corrective whack and, after seeing it had updated properly, returned to his seat.

Decker raised his mug seeing his name flicker on screen after Enson's bout of percussive maintenance.

"Aye, much obliged."

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

"I'll bite, how big are these things, anyway?" Decker holds out his arms, displaying his full wingspan. "'Bout here, or? And, geez, every couple of decades, huh? Whatever sporting events I could catch on the radio back on Akharif were a touch more frequent. As well as a little more, uh, rowdy." "Gladiatorial" might've been the better word in Decker's case. "God, I wish I was the genius who thought of pitting banged-up mining machines against each other to decommission 'em. I'd be rolling in credits."

"Oh that'd 'bout do it. Might be a hair bigger on some of the lead wyrm. Nothin' like the frost wyverns they get there though, massive buggers as big as space freighter. And yeah, one racer might only race once or twice in a lifetime. It's a generational sport and skiffs and teams are passed from one family to another."

Aysu (Peppermint M)
Ronin (Yzalirk)
Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
Enson (Duvors)

11 hours ago, Endgame said:

Decker raised his mug seeing his name flicker on screen after Enson's bout of percussive maintenance.

"Aye, much obliged."

Enson bowed.  "It was the least I could do."  He extended his hand.  "Pardon me for not introducing myself earlier, Ensonvilterayquis - Enson, if you prefer - formerly of Vin'quo, currently of Heroica, at your service."

On 8/18/2021 at 8:13 AM, Duvors said:

Enson bowed.  "It was the least I could do."  He extended his hand.  "Pardon me for not introducing myself earlier, Ensonvilterayquis - Enson, if you prefer - formerly of Vin'quo, currently of Heroica, at your service."

"Ensonvilter - sorry, Enson just rolls off the tongue a bit easier," Decker clasps his hand around Enson's and gives it a firm shake. The gritty sands of Akharif had permanently scuffed up his gloves, leaving them similarly rugged. "Decker DaCabe. Formerly of Akharif, evidently of Heroica nowadays."

Decker retracted his hand back and picked his mug back up. "You been on one of these missions yet? How's the work look? I'm a bit green myself."

50 minutes ago, Endgame said:

"Ensonvilter - sorry, Enson just rolls off the tongue a bit easier," Decker clasps his hand around Enson's and gives it a firm shake. The gritty sands of Akharif had permanently scuffed up his gloves, leaving them similarly rugged. "Decker DaCabe. Formerly of Akharif, evidently of Heroica nowadays."

Decker retracted his hand back and picked his mug back up. "You been on one of these missions yet? How's the work look? I'm a bit green myself."

Enson smiled.  "Nothing much, just some maintenance troubles. I've been around a bit though and can say that, as long as you can hold your own in a fight and are skilled in your areas of expertise, you'll do just fine here."  Enson settled into his seat at the bar.  "You're from Akharif you say?  Would you mind telling me what brings you here?"