Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

The door to Heroica Hall opens ushering in a faint breeze with a slight smell of cinnamon and anise. A female Cladrasith leisurely wanders in, a satchel at her side clinking with small glassware almost like the sound of tiny bells.

51232200452_3098a799b0_n.jpg

Valesia gives a low whistle, "My, my, well it's certainly a bit more... dated than I imagined. But a job's a job." The Cladrasith strolls up to the bar, giving a friendly smile to the man at Mission board and the bar counter before addressing the Chimeran bartender.

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
"Hi Hun, what a lovely place you have here, so majestic and unique. I'm Valesia and I'm here for the culinary position."

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Hmph... The wha? Oh you mean the fry cook. Sorry, you're about two weeks too late."

"You don't seem to understand, dear, I need this job. Plus, do you really call this," Valesia lifts a crumbling lopsided pastry from the counter dish, "cooking? Where's the artistry, the love, the dedication?"

"It's a donut. I don't think any of these folks could care whether it's round, square, or trapezoid shaped. What matters is it's free."

"But this was supposed to be my big break, my chance to really show off my talents, meet interesting people, learn so much."

"Sorry miss, job's filled... If you're looking for work though, we've got a whole board of people needin' odds and ends done, just take a look. Maybe that'll hold you over till you find what you're looking for."

"I suppose it's better than nothing..." Valesia takes a deep breath to regain her composure, "Thanks Hun. I'll take a Vin'quoian Julep, a few extra sprigs of mint, when you've got a free minute."

"Sure thing."

The Cladrasith makes a note to check out the mission board and for the time being pulls up a stool at the bar waiting for her drink. She comments to Soren and Varen, "Some interesting prospects, no?"

Valesia joins Heroica!

A "big black ball" like thing comes crashing threw the front door it comes to a stop. Then a second thing comes barging in the door but it was different than the first, it had a Chimeran pilot operating a mech. The next thing happing the "big black ball" unfolded into creature. 
8561_nuhvok.jpg rsz_130256_ice_bear_mech_big_pic_square. 
As the two faceoff each other for a few seconds, the fight continues from the outside. The two exchanges a couple of blows but mostly they seem to block each other with their "claws". That is when one of mech's voice could be in is' mechanical voice... 

/// Scans complete, their is an organic component. In what I assume is it head. 
Then the Chimeran speaks... 
Good, so if we can destroy it it would go down. 
/// Most likely. 
That is when the "big black ball" swung both of it's arms down at the two. They jumped back and the creature misses getting it's "claws" stuck in the floor. That is when the other two took the opportunity to "run" to the back of the "big black ball" and jump on it's back. That is that is when the Chimeran noticed what look like a panel on the head, as the two tries to open the panel the creature "claws" broke loose from the floor and swung around to start attacking the new riders on it's back...
Ouch! That one got a little to close. 
The Chimeran stated. Fortunately during the "claw" swing they were able to get the panel open. That is when the mech was able to hit the organic component stunning the "big black ball" for a moment. As the two took that time to reposition themselves on the creature. Just as the "big black ball" recovered from the first blow, that is when the other two started to unleash furry of punches at the organic component of the creature. As the creature started to shake from the repeated blows it finally collapse sending the other two rolling forward. When they right side them selves up...
M.I.L.E.S. Are you alright? 
/// Yes, mostly minor damage nothing that can not be repaired. Polaris, I noticed you have some minor damage to your head. Would you need any medical treatment? 
No, it is just a nick. I think a bandage would be all I need. You don't think it will leave a scar? 
/// It is not in my expertise. 
Well, go in to sentinel for now. I am going over to the bar there to get something to eat. 

That is when Polaris took out a walking stick from somewhere, as M.I.L.E.S. moved some parts around. She got off "him" and went to the bar clearly using the walking stick. Sitting on one of the bar stools, swing her right leg around as if it fake, but the observant person would noticed it looked like it was made out of some crystal. That is when she asked a question to everyone...
  polaris_ursaring_two_fourm.jpg
Hey! Can anyone tell me where I can find this Heroica Place around here? 

So Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.] joins Heroica? 

At the same time any eagle eye observer would of noticed at the doorway two "War Bots". They turn to look at each other for a moment making some "grinding" "screeching" "mechanical" noises, then finishes turning and walked off into the station. 
super-battle-droid-square.png super-battle-droid-square.png 

Edited by samurai-turtle
fixing picture

Valesia presses against the bar trying to remain out of the way of the scuffle. "Forget cooks, what this place needs is a bouncer."

"Hmph, just another Tuesday around here..." Thorvald shouts over to the other Chimeran. "If you're finished with that hunk of junk, just push it outside I'm sure some scrapper will take it for parts."

Zaria turns her attention to the newly arrived Cladrasith, her interest piqued, only to be jostled by the commotion in the front hall. As the chimeran with the walking stick approached from the front entrance, Zaria moved over to the tables and grabbed her sword, just in case.

21 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia presses against the bar trying to remain out of the way of the scuffle. "Forget cooks, what this place needs is a bouncer."

"Or just someone who frequents the gun show enough." Zaria comments, stretching her arms and rotating her shoulder blades, almost out of instinct. "Not that I am the person for the job, mind you. I like staying in inns and hotels, but I could not stay cooped up in one. I have to travel. The road calls."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Or just someone who frequents the gun show enough." Zaria comments, stretching her arms and rotating her shoulder blades, almost out of instinct. "Not that I am the person for the job, mind you. I like staying in inns and hotels, but I could not stay cooped up in one. I have to travel. The road calls."

"It would seem you've certainly chosen the right vocation then, Sugar." The Cladrasith extends a hand, "Valesia by the way. Can I interest you in a brinewater taffy?"

40 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It would seem you've certainly chosen the right vocation then, Sugar." The Cladrasith extends a hand, "Valesia by the way. Can I interest you in a brinewater taffy?"

"My name is Zaria, it is a pleasure to meet you, Valesia, and yes, I would be more than a little interested in brinewater taffy." Zaria shakes Valesia's hand.

Soren kept a tight hand on his holstered weapon during the entire brawl. He continued to keep his guard up well after the Chimeran's enemy had been disposed of. Finally, Soren eased his grip and returned to his glass, clutched in his other hand. To his dismay, the drink was now a solid block of ice. Noticing the espers of elemental magic still drifting from his hand, the pilot let out an exhausted sigh. 

Damned nerveshe muttered to himself. 

Looking up, he saw the Cladrasith approach and strike up a conversation with the elf. The two of them, at least, seemed here to actually do some work.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Somehow I doubt just one would do the trick. Soren said, somewhere between wry and grumpy.

35 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"My name is Zaria, it is a pleasure to meet you, Valesia, and yes, I would be more than a little interested in brinewater taffy." Zaria shakes Valesia's hand.

Valesia pulls out a number of wax-paper wrapped taffies from her satchel placing them on the counter, "Charmed. Now let's see I've still got some cinnamon swirls, peppermint, banana, and mergmelon. I'm running low on ingredients, need to swing by the Trade Bazaar later on, though I'm sure they charge an arm and a leg for any spices of quality 'round these parts."

21 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Looking up, he saw the Cladrasith approach and strike up a conversation with the elf. The two of them, at least, seemed here to actually do some work.

Somehow I doubt just one would do the trick. Soren said, somewhere between wry and grumpy.

"Maybe just a smaller door then so big brutes like that don't make it in here. Taffy?" Valesia eyes the disheveled corpse of the intruder. "Don't suppose either you two know what that there monstrosity is?"

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia pulls out a number of wax-paper wrapped taffies from her satchel placing them on the counter, "Charmed. Now let's see I've still got some cinnamon swirls, peppermint, banana, and mergmelon. I'm running low on ingredients, need to swing by the Trade Bazaar later on, though I'm sure they charge an arm and a leg for any spices of quality 'round these parts."

"Maybe just a smaller door then so big brutes like that don't make it in here. Taffy?" Valesia eyes the disheveled corpse of the intruder. "Don't suppose either you two know what that there monstrosity is?"

Zaria grabs a banana taffy, unwrapping it an begins to chew. "Mmm. This is quite sweet. Good, though." Zaria looked over at the body on the floor and shrugged, responding to Valesia, "No, I can't say that anything immediately jumps to mind." She motions at the newly arrived chimeran. "Any idea on what was trying to turn you into paste, ma'am?"

26 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

It took Soren a moment to fully register the offer of candy. He was confused, but wasn't about to turn down the generous offer. Before he began the impossible process of choosing a flavour, he selected a cinnamon swirl - the first flavour the Cladrasith had suggested. Swiftly, he unwrapped the taffy and popped it into his mouth. As he let the sweetness settle on his tongue, Soren considered the woman's question.

Looked to me like some sort of defence matrix. I've seen similar machines before, but nothing quite like that. 

Valesia smiles at the pair, "Well we've got our own first mystery then. If this is any foreshadowing of normal hero work I'm sure it'll be quite exhilarating. Were you both in this line of work previously?"

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Hmph, just another Tuesday around here..." Thorvald shouts over to the other Chimeran. "If you're finished with that hunk of junk, just push it outside I'm sure some scrapper will take it for parts."

If it could wait, I rather do it when it is not smoking. I don't want to burn myself... Hey, M.I.L.E.S (or is it Miles) we might be able to get a part time job here. 

/// If they keep me charged up I would not mind. 

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria turns her attention to the newly arrived Cladrasith, her interest piqued, only to be jostled by the commotion in the front hall. As the chimeran with the walking stick approached from the front entrance, Zaria moved over to the tables and grabbed her sword, just in case.

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren kept a tight hand on his holstered weapon during the entire brawl. He continued to keep his guard up well after the Chimeran's enemy had been disposed of. Finally, Soren eased his grip and returned to his glass, clutched in his other hand. To his dismay, the drink was now a solid block of ice. Noticing the espers of elemental magic still drifting from his hand, the pilot let out an exhausted sigh. 

Is everyone around here skittish? As she looked around the bar. 

Most places use more than one security guard. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Zaria grabs a banana taffy, unwrapping it an begins to chew. "Mmm. This is quite sweet. Good, though." Zaria looked over at the body on the floor and shrugged, responding to Valesia, "No, I can't say that anything immediately jumps to mind." She motions at the newly arrived chimeran. "Any idea on what was trying to turn you into paste, ma'am?"

Some sort of cyborg, I think. All I know it started to cause a ruckus in the docking area. Attacking anything that moved. I wasn't just going stand their and let It hurt everyone. Besides it was a good test for Miles and me. 

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Looked to me like some sort of defence matrix. I've seen similar machines before, but nothing quite like that. 

I hope it was a malfunctioning one. I would hate to think some terrorist group  would use it destroy the place. 

42 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I hope it was a malfunctioning one. I would hate to think some terrorist group  would use it destroy the place. 

Soren takes some offense at being called skittish but lets it slide.

I can't imagine any local terrorist group having the funding to pay for something like that. I mostly saw 'em with rich socialites and the like.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia smiles at the pair, "Well we've got our own first mystery then. If this is any foreshadowing of normal hero work I'm sure it'll be quite exhilarating. Were you both in this line of work previously?"

I'm still not sure what this 'line of work' is, exactly. I mostly do flying. 

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Zaria finally grabbed a seat at the bar. "Well, I did a number of odd jobs before my travels brought me here. I grew up among the priesthood of Varuth in an abbey which overlooked a town. I was taught how to channel magic through the invocation of his name, and it is also where I began training with a sword." Zaria shifted her armour around from her neck and pulled up a necklace with a worn compass made of warmmetal dangling from it; her holy symbol. She let's it dangle around her chest as she continued to speak. "When you get to my age you do not just stick to one profession: I served in Kharza' Fal's citizen militia, I took time in meditation at the abbey, I spent several decades on the open road exploring Kharza' Fal; I've had a severe case of too much time and too great a sense of wanderlust." Zaria laughed. "I heard about this place through the grape vine and thought that Varuth might be showing me where to go next on my journey. Doesn't hurt we're staying in an old hotel. You ask me, it is a sign of the warmth and hospitality to come."

52 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Most places use more than one security guard.

Some sort of cyborg, I think. All I know it started to cause a ruckus in the docking area. Attacking anything that moved. I wasn't just going stand their and let It hurt everyone. Besides it was a good test for Miles and me.

"No, I was just preparing for a potential tussle." Zaria comments on the subject of her being skittish. Part of her felt a little offended at her readiness being compared to being skittish. "I feel like if worse came to be, you would want us all in a fight with whatever you were fighting.

Well, it seems like you trounced that cyborg quite handily." Zaria looks over to the entrance hall. "Commendable work, honestly."

5 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

"I crashed a anti grav-bike when I was younger.

...I think that's about all I can add to the topic of flight, really. Sorry."

On 6/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, Kintobor said:

Zaria shook her head. "Not where I am from. While I imagine if you were to refer to the region as the Rumi Star Cluster everyone in Kharza' Fal would recognize what you meant, everyone refers to it as the West Marches."

"Huh. . . I guess I'm not as familiar with the region as I'd thought." 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:03 PM, Kintobor said:

"I will be frank, this is my first time getting involved in this kind of work. I spent my childhood growing up in an abbey where the monks dedicated their lives to the worship of Varuth, the God of travel." 

"'Varuth'? And. . . um, how do you worship a god of travel in an abbey? I'm genuinely curious - I've never heard of your religion before. It sounds interesting." 

18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria took a moment to turn her attention to the mission board. Eyeing her option, she put her name down for Mission 1 and Mission 2.

"Oh, that reminds me - " 
Yelana reached over to the Missionboard, and, tapping a few buttons, signed up for Mission 1. As she turned back to Zaria, Yelana looked over the bar towards Thorvald. 
"Um, excuse me - Do you happen to know who owns the Boreal Express hover train on Oquim?" 

8 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

A "big black ball" like thing comes crashing threw the front door it comes to a stop. Then a second thing comes barging in the door but it was different than the first, it had a Chimeran pilot operating a mech. The next thing happing the "big black ball" unfolded into creature. 
8561_nuhvok.jpg rsz_130256_ice_bear_mech_big_pic_square. 
As the two faceoff each other for a few seconds, the fight continues from the outside. The two exchanges a couple of blows but mostly they seem to block each other with their "claws". 

Yelana had just picked her tea back up when the Hall's doors flew off of their hinges. Dropping her cup, she drew her fists back. 
"Shit! What the hells?! And I left my rifle in my apartment! <Scan combatants - Identify!>" 
<SCANNING. . . SUBJECTS ARE AN EXO-SUIT WITH A CHIMERAN PILOT AND A BIOMECHANICAL DRONE OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN AND CONFIGURATION> 
"<How do I. . . >" 

Fortunately during the "claw" swing they were able to get the panel open. That is when the mech was able to hit the organic component stunning the "big black ball" for a moment. As the two took that time to reposition themselves on the creature. Just as the "big black ball" recovered from the first blow, that is when the other two started to unleash furry of punches at the organic component of the creature. As the creature started to shake from the repeated blows it finally collapse sending the other two rolling forward. 

"<. . . Nevermind>" 

At the same time any eagle eye observer would of noticed at the doorway two "War Bots". They turn to look at each other for a moment making some "grinding" "screeching" "mechanical" noises, then finishes turning and walked off into the station. 

"Hmmmm. . . " 

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Thorvald shouts over to the other Chimeran. "If you're finished with that hunk of junk, just push it outside I'm sure some scrapper will take it for parts."

"I'd like to take a closer look at it, if that's okay. Oh, and, uh, sorry about the cup. . . " 

Spoiler

@Waterbrick Down

Can Proficiencies be used in the Hall? If so, this would be a Perception check (with Farsight Goggles equipped). 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

14 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"'Varuth'? And. . . um, how do you worship a god of travel in an abbey? I'm genuinely curious - I've never heard of your religion before. It sounds interesting."

"Well, Varuth is on of the many gods that is part of the Pantheon put into effect by the Krassar Republic many, many years ago. Varuth's doctrine revolves around travelling and being hospitable to those who you meet. He's a god for wayward wanderers, such as myself. There's so much to see in this big, bright, beautiful sphere, and Varuth is very much about seeing as much of it as one can. Growing up in the abbey I'd often listen to other priests talk about where they'd been and what they'd seen in their travels.

Growing up in an abbey dedicated to Varuth meant that when a priest was not travelling, they were preparing the place for the faithful to stay, or even just wayward guests. Often I would cook meals, tend to the abbey's gardens, ensure our guest chambers were clean, just to name a few things I did. Of course, priests would still meditate and read up on scripture or various places in the galaxy: I swear half the library was filled with travel guides and maps.

Sometimes you need to relax from the journey, and Varuth understands: we take the journey at our own pace. As much as the destination is important, Varuth has a lot to say about how one should act getting there." Zaria motions to the bartender. "All this talking has made me thirsty. Bartender, you wouldn't happen to have any coffee? If so, please pour me a cup, I'd greatly appreciate it."

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I can't imagine any local terrorist group having the funding to pay for something like that. I mostly saw 'em with rich socialites and the like.

"I take it you've not been to Typhon lately - That. . . thing doesn't look like New Force tech, but there are some suspiciously well-funded terrorist groups operating outside the ITA's reach." 

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I crashed a anti grav-bike when I was younger.

...I think that's about all I can add to the topic of flight, really. Sorry."

Well, it's not for everyone.

"Sometimes you need to relax from the journey, and Varuth understands: we take the journey at our own pace. As much as the destination is important, Varuth has a lot to say about how one should act getting there." 

'Sounds like the sort of religion I'd enjoy, Soren says with a small grin.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I take it you've not been to Typhon lately - That. . . thing doesn't look like New Force tech, but there are some suspiciously well-funded terrorist groups operating outside the ITA's reach." 

Soren shrugs. I don't make a habit of watching terrorist groups, sorry mate. 

23 hours ago, Kintobor said:

No, I was just preparing for a potential tussle." Zaria comments on the subject of her being skittish. Part of her felt a little offended at her readiness being compared to being skittish. "I feel like if worse came to be, you would want us all in a fight with whatever you were fighting.

23 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren takes some offense at being called skittish but lets it slide

Well, what do you called it when half the place looks like they are going to jump you next...Come to think about it. It might be more normal reaction than I originally thought. Some weirdo comes crashing in your place and beat up a "big black ball" robot. 

23 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Well, it seems like you trounced that cyborg quite handily." Zaria looks over to the entrance hall. "Commendable work, honestly."

Some might say I (or we) got real lucky. 

23 hours ago, The Legonater said:

21 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

You know their is other ways to get something like that to work for you, like hacking it stealing it or even just build one...I had some dealing with one or two of these questionable groups or some of their handy work. That is when she looked at her right leg and tapped it with her right hand. 

21 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I'd like to take a closer look at it, if that's okay. Oh, and, uh, sorry about the cup. . . " 

I don't think you are going to find any markings on it, if that is what you are looking for. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
spelling

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Waterbrick Down

Can Proficiencies be used in the Hall? If so, this would be a Perception check (with Farsight Goggles equipped). 

(OOC: Even if you could, which I doubt, WBD is the wrong person to ask. This is all something @samurai-turtle has done on their own initiative without WBD's involvement.)

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

The Cladrasith nods, "I'm sure the space police were grateful for the assistance. You need any patching up Sweetie?"

4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"Fetching odds and ends, or at least that's what the bartender made it sound like. But I do suppose people have to get from one place to the next. so piloting has surely got to be handy like."

4 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria finally grabbed a seat at the bar. "Well, I did a number of odd jobs before my travels brought me here. I grew up among the priesthood of Varuth in an abbey which overlooked a town. I was taught how to channel magic through the invocation of his name, and it is also where I began training with a sword." Zaria shifted her armour around from her neck and pulled up a necklace with a worn compass made of warmmetal dangling from it; her holy symbol. She let's it dangle around her chest as she continued to speak. "When you get to my age you do not just stick to one profession: I served in Kharza' Fal's citizen militia, I took time in meditation at the abbey, I spent several decades on the open road exploring Kharza' Fal; I've had a severe case of too much time and too great a sense of wanderlust." Zaria laughed. "I heard about this place through the grape vine and thought that Varuth might be showing me where to go next on my journey. Doesn't hurt we're staying in an old hotel. You ask me, it is a sign of the warmth and hospitality to come."

Valesia smiles at Zaria's story, "Ah a life to be filled with experiences, something our kinds share. Granted we eventually put down roots unlike you fair folk. Though I've got many more years and recipes to gather before that happens."

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oh, that reminds me - " 
Yelana reached over to the Missionboard, and, tapping a few buttons, signed up for Mission 1. As she turned back to Zaria, Yelana looked over the bar towards Thorvald. 
"Um, excuse me - Do you happen to know who owns the Boreal Express hover train on Oquim?" 

"Do I look like a Cricet?" Thorvald gives an annoyed look, "Oh sorry... the Librarian, Collette's, a Cricet. You can try asking her."

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, Varuth is on of the many gods that is part of the Pantheon put into effect by the Krassar Republic many, many years ago. Varuth's doctrine revolves around travelling and being hospitable to those who you meet. He's a god for wayward wanderers, such as myself. There's so much to see in this big, bright, beautiful sphere, and Varuth is very much about seeing as much of it as one can. Growing up in the abbey I'd often listen to other priests talk about where they'd been and what they'd seen in their travels.

Growing up in an abbey dedicated to Varuth meant that when a priest was not travelling, they were preparing the place for the faithful to stay, or even just wayward guests. Often I would cook meals, tend to the abbey's gardens, ensure our guest chambers were clean, just to name a few things I did. Of course, priests would still meditate and read up on scripture or various places in the galaxy: I swear half the library was filled with travel guides and maps.

Sometimes you need to relax from the journey, and Varuth understands: we take the journey at our own pace. As much as the destination is important, Varuth has a lot to say about how one should act getting there."

Valesia nods knowingly, "Sounds very much like the grove I grew up in as a sapling. The elders had passing on their wisdom from generation to generation and each new one contributing a little more to the ever expanding pool of knowledge."

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria motions to the bartender. "All this talking has made me thirsty. Bartender, you wouldn't happen to have any coffee? If so, please pour me a cup, I'd greatly appreciate it."

Thorvald pours a cup of black coffee from a pitcher that doesn't seem to get any more empty.
"Cream, sugar, alcohol?"

54 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well, what do you called when it half the place looks like they are going to jump you next...Come to think about it. It might be more normal reaction than I originally thought. Some weirdo comes crashing in your place and beat up a "big black ball" robot. 

Some might say I (or we) got real lucky.

"Well, let's hope next time you have allies backing you up." Zaria commented. "There is a distinction between being brave and being lucky."

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Valesia smiles at Zaria's story, "Ah a life to be filled with experiences, something our kinds share. Granted we eventually put down roots unlike you fair folk. Though I've got many more years and recipes to gather before that happens."

Valesia nods knowingly, "Sounds very much like the grove I grew up in as a sapling. The elders had passing on their wisdom from generation to generation and each new one contributing a little more to the ever expanding pool of knowledge."

Thorvald pours a cup of black coffee from a pitcher that doesn't seem to get any more empty.
"Cream, sugar, alcohol?"

Zaria shakes her head at Thorvald. "I'm quite good, thank you. I prefer my coffee black." She nods thankfully, indulging in her drink before responding to Valesia.

"It was not uncommon for priests and travellers to leave behind a little something to the abbey, whether it be a book or a recipe or a bauble from their travels. The abbey became a repository for knowledge, although by no means were we a grand, or ornate temple, not by any means. Still, it was home for a long time, no, it still is, really. Eventually, though, wanderlust settles in, and then, well... the only cure for that is to get up and go." Zaria took a long drink from her coffee before continuing, smiling at the thought of travel. "I hope to one day to see the groves of the Cladrasith. I mean, I hope to one day see a lot of this galaxy, but perhaps my impatience is getting the better of me."

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Sometimes you need to relax from the journey, and Varuth understands: we take the journey at our own pace. As much as the destination is important, Varuth has a lot to say about how one should act getting there." 

"I like that - It sounds like a fascinating experience." 

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Do I look like a Cricet?" Thorvald gives an annoyed look, "Oh sorry... the Librarian, Collette's, a Cricet. You can try asking her."

"Ah, thanks - I'll definitely go talk to her." 

...I had some dealing with one or two of these questionable groups or some of their handy work. That is when she looked at her right leg and tapped it with her right hand. 

"Oof. I'm sorry you had to go through that - the War really gave xenophobes an excuse to run rampant, all under the guise of their buIIshit being a 'political stance'." 
Yelana shook her head. 

I don't think you are going to find any markings on it, if that is what you are looking for. 

"Not markings, necessarily, but composition, internal construction - things like that can tell me where it may have been built, or who built it, or at least its purpose. Oh, and. . . <Access visual data - Playback. . . Stop - Project>" 
A hologram of the mysterious robots that Yelana had seen flickered into the air, projected from her visor. 

15 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

"I spotted these two standing in the doorway after you crashed in - Have you seen anything like them before?" 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

8 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The Cladrasith nods, "I'm sure the space police were grateful for the assistance. You need any patching up Sweetie?"

Mostly the thing just nicked  my ear, if you want to do something about that let me know. Now if want to look at Miles over there I better go with you, he might do something dumb if I am not around... 

Hey mister barkeep, is their a chance I could get some fish to eat? 

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Oof. I'm sorry you had to go through that - the War really gave xenophobes an excuse to run rampant, all under the guise of their buIIshit being a 'political stance'." Yelana shook her head. 

"Not markings, necessarily, but composition, internal construction - things like that can tell me where it may have been built, or who built it, or at least its purpose. Oh, and. . . <Access visual data - Playback. . . Stop - Project>" 
A hologram of the mysterious robots that Yelana had seen flickered into the air, projected from her visor. 

"I spotted these two standing in the doorway after you crashed in - Have you seen anything like them before?" 

Well I am still alive, so their is that. 

What the...that thing wasn't working alone. I only seen pictures of those robots. We call them "Walbers" or more like nicknamed that. They showed up on my new home world recently claiming it is now theirs. You know what I should just tell the whole story from the beginning...

Hey mister barkeep can I get a glass of water too? First off I am in the military for the Ne'xo kingdom or more like semi retired (but I will get to that in a little bit). The Ne'xo kingdom first started out on a totally different planet. On this planet their was a bunch of different kingdoms. Ne'xo was probably the most advance of all of them partly because of the natural barriers surrounding the kingdom witch isolated the kingdom form the rest of the world. And because of that they were able to advance faster than the other kingdoms. But like usually the other kingdoms were a little envious and wanted the power for themselves. Now we were dealing with the other kingdoms just fine (keeping them in line I guess). It was the crazy terrorist organizations we a lot more trouble with, they seem hell bent on taking over the entire planet. So when our scientist developed the "distortion drive" we took to the stars. And after a few generations we finally found a planet that wasn't claimed by anyone or had no intelligent life living on it. And that was like 25 cycles ago. Well that is what we get taught in class... Now more for my personal story I joined up with the kingdom's military like any idealistic young person. After basic training one of my first assignments was clearing minefields. One day clearing this "new enemy's" minefield...I missed one and it eventually went off. It was some new type of mine, it turned my right leg into some type of crystal, it hit me in a few other spots but the leg took the blunt of the attack. The doctors couldn't do anything about the leg. They couldn't cut it off or anything else. I was in the hospital so long (and with fever dreams too). I started to pickup their medical procedures and got certified as a medic. But then the higher ups decided to resign me to some advance scout and then send me here (along with Miles). They told me it was to send a message to any potential enemies that even hurt we are still tough to beat. But I got to wonder if it was because they didn't want "hurt" people around.