Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

On 11/17/2021 at 2:30 AM, Kintobor said:

51675700154_372b52b301_o.jpg

"Mmm..." Heisenberg puts his empty glass on the table, dabbing his lips with a napkin from his pocket. "So, Yelana, my new adamite friend, perhaps either of you have a story to share? A tale of daring do and panache?"

51620806566_d498f30bf5_t.jpg

"I am sorry friend, this units memory blockers prevent me from sharing any amazing tales of daring do and panache."

Bers takes another swig and looks down to the table a bit saddened.

"Oh, pish posh!" Heisenberg replies in disdain. "You're a hero, are you not? Surely you must have a story you can recall? A recent exploit? An adventure you've been on? A place you've never seen before?" He waits expectantly, excited to hear what Bers has to say.

On 11/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, Kintobor said:

"You seem very fixated on the concept that I have some connection to this hall of yours. Curious." Heisenberg tells Yelana as he returns to his drink before continuing, his hands animatedly expounding his speech. 

Yelana shrugged and took a sip of tea. 
"Eh, you just seemed really interested in the building, so it felt like a reasonable question to ask. That's all." 

"Field work, eh?" Heisenberg chuckles to himself. "Interesting then that you didn't claim to have worked for the Triad and that you still work for the Triad. Curious, that." 

Yelana raised an eyebrow over her cup; "Oh, what? I can't have two jobs?" she said, smirking a bit as she put her cup down. 

"As for myself, I have had many different occupations in my life time. As of right now I am in between jobs, but I've been a lecturer on the subjects of literature and story structure. I wrote a few books and thesis papers on the subject, although I doubt it is anything you would care much about."

"You'd be surprised, actually; a lot of the same thought-processes that go into analysing literature - or any art, really - overlap with intel work. Finding patterns, for example - Plus it gives you insight into the culture or person that produced it. I mean, you mentioned story structure, think about how intensely repetitive Thudaal stories are when compared to, say, Human ones. It makes sense, though, when you look the differences between Human and Thudaal cosmologies." 

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"If you're looking for something fixed, probably Rachelle. She's likely in her office at this time of day."

Yelana finished the last bite of her croissant and started pouring herself more tea. 
"That's Rachelle. . . 'Sprockton'? I don't think we've met - Is that Enson's friend?" 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:20 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51622013670_652656d062_t.jpg

"Well alright friends, only if neither of you mind the company of this unit."

On 11/14/2021 at 3:45 PM, Kintobor said:

"I cannot speak for Yelana, but I for one would love to have the company of the unit standing before me." Heisenberg motions to sit next to him.

Yelana turns to greet Bers. 
"Oh, hey! No problem at all; nice upgrades, by the way, I like your new face! . . . Okay. . . that was a really weird thing to say, but you know what I meant." 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:30 PM, Kintobor said:

"Mmm..." Heisenberg puts his empty glass on the table, dabbing his lips with a napkin from his pocket. "So, Yelana, my new adamite friend, perhaps either of you have a story to share? A tale of daring do and panache?"

Pausing for a moment to think, Yelana sipped her tea. 
"Well, let's see. . . What's not classified. . . Uh, not very daring, but I lost a perfectly good pair of chopsticks to a laser; that was annoying. What else? . . . Hmmm. . . Sorry, I've just got a lot on my mind right now. . . Oh!" 
Yelana set her cup down. 
"How long did you say you've been staying in the penthouse suite? When I joined, there was a Warbot here - not Bers, a droid - but he disappeared after my first mission. That was about a month ago; I was wondering if you'd seen him. He went by 'Tester-Three', if that helps?" 

On 11/20/2021 at 1:04 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51620806566_d498f30bf5_t.jpg

"I am sorry friend, this units memory blockers prevent me from sharing any amazing tales of daring do and panache."

Bers takes another swig and looks down to the table a bit saddened.

"I can take a look at that, if you want - Although, there may be a reason those blockers were installed. Maybe something you wanted to forget? You won't know until you disable them, though. . . " 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana raised an eyebrow over her cup; "Oh, what? I can't have two jobs?" she said, smirking a bit as she put her cup down. 

"You'd be surprised, actually; a lot of the same thought-processes that go into analysing literature - or any art, really - overlap with intel work. Finding patterns, for example - Plus it gives you insight into the culture or person that produced it. I mean, you mentioned story structure, think about how intensely repetitive Thudaal stories are when compared to, say, Human ones. It makes sense, though, when you look the differences between Human and Thudaal cosmologies." 

Heisenberg smiles wryly, as he fetches a sturdy box of cigars from his coat, opening it briskly as he looks to Yelana. Retrieving a cigar, he lights the end ablaze with a snap of his fingers and inhales, blowing the smoke away from the other bar patrons.

"I apologize if I seemed accusatory. I am always interested in a good story, and often times such story's are prone to contradiction. Humans are so full of them, after all.

I can agree with you to an extent about Thudaal literature. Of course it has a repetitive quality to you say that as if it is a negative attribute. It has rhythm and rhyme, the way it flows like a river through time and speaks of the Thudaal's view on life an reincarnation and their flights from a place so dark and damnable-" Heisenberg takes a breath as his intensity in his voice reaches a fevered pitch. He takes a hand and preens his hair, ensuring it's tidiness. "Apologies. I get quite worked up talking about these sorts of things."

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Pausing for a moment to think, Yelana sipped her tea. 
"Well, let's see. . . What's not classified. . . Uh, not very daring, but I lost a perfectly good pair of chopsticks to a laser; that was annoying. What else? . . . Hmmm. . . Sorry, I've just got a lot on my mind right now. . . Oh!" 
Yelana set her cup down. 
"How long did you say you've been staying in the penthouse suite? When I joined, there was a Warbot here - not Bers, a droid - but he disappeared after my first mission. That was about a month ago; I was wondering if you'd seen him. He went by 'Tester-Three', if that helps?"

Heisenberg frowns at Yelana's incapability to produce a story, biting his tongue

"A pity, truly." Heisenberg crosses his legs, looking over Yelana with deflating interest. "It hasn't been too long since I arrived. I imagine I will be here for awhile. I want to take in this old place as much as I can before I depart. As for your warbot friend, I am afraid the description does not ring any bells. Apologies, m'dear." Heisenberg lowers his head in respect, raising it shortly afterwards to take a lengthy drag from his cigar.

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana finished the last bite of her croissant and started pouring herself more tea. 

"That's Rachelle. . . 'Sprockton'? I don't think we've met - Is that Enson's friend?"

"Yes, that is her name. I believe her and Enson are versed enough with each other, but I'm stuck around the bar to know too much about their relationship. There's a good chance she's busy, but you might find her: there's a lot of stuff in this old building that needs fixing, and it can be hard to track her down when she's not loafing about her office."

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana turns to greet Bers. 

"Oh, hey! No problem at all; nice upgrades, by the way, I like your new face! . . . Okay. . . that was a really weird thing to say, but you know what I meant." 

51714320375_9ed378c218_t.jpg "Thank you friend, that is not weird at all, your remark is an accurate assessment of this unit."

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I can take a look at that, if you want - Although, there may be a reason those blockers were installed. Maybe something you wanted to forget? You won't know until you disable them, though. . . " 

51713724713_92c3317025_t.jpg "Processing query ... not at the moment ... however perhaps some other time I will have to take you up on this offer friend Yelana."

Enson slid unobtrusively into the largely unoccupied hall, a serene smile on his face.  He had enjoyed himself on Recivec, the race had been exhilarating and he hadn't properly relaxed and mingled with people in a long time.  Now however the time had come to return.  He had much to do in the Hall, mostly to do with training to properly use his new weapon.  But first, tea.  Moving over to the bar, nodding in greeting to the other occupants, he settled into a barstool and spoke: "Thorvald, could I trouble you for a cup of green tea please?  Thank you."

A new Mission has been added to the board!

Mission #9: He's Dead, Jim
Mission Master: Duvors
Description: "Listen, one of my workers went missing a couple of days back inspecting the waste pipes under Blackcoin Arc, and I've got no idea what happened to him. I've tried to get the police to deal with it, but they're being no help at all, and those ITA goons just jabber on about 'jurisdiction', so it's kinda down to you. You think you can handle this?" - Arno Milver, Head of Level Three Maintenance.
Party Requirements: "I guess I need a buncha detectives? Tough ones though, if one of our guys is missing there's probably something nasty down there."
Reward: "60 credits each, and I'll see about getting you some spare tools if you bring the guy back alive."
Sign-ups Close: December 8th

21 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

A new Mission has been added to the board!

Mission #9: He's Dead, Jim
Mission Master: Duvors
Description: "Listen, one of my workers went missing a couple of days back inspecting the waste pipes under Blackcoin Arc, and I've got no idea what happened to him. I've tried to get the police to deal with it, but they're being no help at all, and those ITA goons just jabber on about 'jurisdiction', so it's kinda down to you. You think you can handle this?" - Arno Milver, Head of Level Three Maintenance.
Party Requirements: "I guess I need a buncha detectives? Tough ones though, if one of our guys is missing there's probably something nasty down there."
Reward: "60 credits each, and I'll see about getting you some spare tools if you bring the guy back alive."
Sign-ups Close: December 8th

51720132912_5b43c374cd_t.jpg "Heh, this looks like a job for this unit. Better spread out my chance of a new job anyway." Bers signs up for M9

Finally coming back from Recivec MILES and Polaris walked in to the old Hotel. Taking a look around eventually looking at the mission board... 

Mission Eight, Mission Nine, I don't know maybe later. I should brush up on some of my "skills". 

/// A good idea. I to can make necessary adjustments need for better combat efficiency. 

After working out in the training room, Aysu had hit the showers. The warm water was still very welcome after her time on the ice cold planet. Entering the hall proper, it was time for something tasty.

"Hello! I'm back from my latest mission" Aysu grinned and took a barstool. "That planet was freezing! Can I get a cinnamon hot chocolate and something sweet to eat?" 

Current Sign-ups for Mission 9: He's Dead, Jim

• Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
  • Polaris Ursaring (samurai-turtle)

Sign-ups close Dec. 8th.

Current Sign Ups for Mission 8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It:
Bers (Dutch-Thriceman)
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman)
Polaris Ursaring (samuraiturtle)

Mission Sign Ups End Dec. 10th

"Hmm... seems a mission just came in." Thorvald begins to prepare Enson's green tea as Heisenberg pulls out a pocket watch from his pocket, frowning. He mumbles to himself.

"Erm... runnning behind schedule... well, I should be off, heroes! Much to see around here, much to do!" He exuberantly proclaims, placing his watch back into it's pocket as he stands up, cigar still in hand. "I do hope we meet again soon: Yelana, Bers, do take care now." He bows respectfully to his two compatriots and begins to make his way out of the hall, a trail of smoke from his cigar wafting behind him as he leaves.

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Heisenberg pulls out a pocket watch from his pocket, frowning. He mumbles to himself.

"Erm... runnning behind schedule... well, I should be off, heroes! Much to see around here, much to do!" He exuberantly proclaims, placing his watch back into it's pocket as he stands up, cigar still in hand. "I do hope we meet again soon: Yelana, Bers, do take care now." He bows respectfully to his two compatriots and begins to make his way out of the hall, a trail of smoke from his cigar wafting behind him as he leaves.

51726209860_4be16101f0_q.jpg "Bye mea- friend Heisenberg, see you."

"Thank you Thorvald," Enson said as he accepted his tea.  "Now if you'll excuse me-" he rose from his seat, bowing slightly to those around him "-ladies, gentlemen, I have things to do."
And with that, he glided out of the room.

Coming back from the Training Area. Some "people" might be surprised to see Polaris now riding around in a "new" MILES. 

This is still odd MILES. What am I going to tell our supervisor back at Ne'xo? 

/// You do not have to tell them anything Roderick and I already sent in a report. 

I still think they might want something out of me on this situation. 

19 hours ago, Duvors said:

Current Sign-ups for Mission 9: He's Dead, Jim

• Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
  • Polaris Ursaring (samurai-turtle)

Sign-ups close Dec. 8th.

18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Current Sign Ups for Mission 8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It:
Bers (Dutch-Thriceman)
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman)
Polaris Ursaring (samuraiturtle)

Mission Sign Ups End Dec. 10th

When did we sign up of theses missions? 

/// It might of been automatic. 

Is this more of your upgrades. 

/// Negative. Maybe this computer has a thing for me. As the saying goes. 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:09 PM, Peppermint_M said:

After working out in the training room, Aysu had hit the showers. The warm water was still very welcome after her time on the ice cold planet. Entering the hall proper, it was time for something tasty.

"Hello! I'm back from my latest mission" Aysu grinned and took a barstool. "That planet was freezing! Can I get a cinnamon hot chocolate and something sweet to eat?" 

The Chimeran pours a mug of hot cocoa for Aysu.
"Sorry, Miss, been a bit busy. One hot chocolate. The cooktron keeps on going in and out, but I'm sure there still some cake from Grumbles' birthday a few days back if you interested. Too much frosting for my taste."

Polaris takes a look around to see who is around besides the usual Thorvald, their was Enson, MILES friend the robot, and the odd ball female spy. For a while she ponders if she should pester any of them but she just ended up asking Thorvald.

Hey good looking, is their any specials today? 

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sorry, Miss, been a bit busy. One hot chocolate. The cooktron keeps on going in and out, but I'm sure there still some cake from Grumbles' birthday a few days back if you interested. Too much frosting for my taste."

"Thanks!" She took the hot drink "I'll go looking, Mr Grumbles probably had a big cake, he deserved one anyway." Aysu smiled and hoped no one would mention bookcases...

45 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Polaris takes a look around to see who is around besides the usual Thorvald, their was Enson, MILES friend the robot, and the odd ball female spy. For a while she ponders if she should pester any of them but she just ended up asking Thorvald.

Hey good looking, is their any specials today? 

Thorvald responds with his usual gruff exterior.
"Hmph? Like drink specials? I mean it's all free, so if your tryin' to save money..." The Chimeran pauses, "Or were you thinkin' something more seasonal? It is getting close to some of those cultural festivities isn't it? Probably should stock up on the standards. I think I've probably got everything for brewin' a Peppermint Porter if you're interested."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Thorvald responds with his usual gruff exterior.
"Hmph? Like drink specials? I mean it's all free, so if your tryin' to save money..." The Chimeran pauses, "Or were you thinkin' something more seasonal? It is getting close to some of those cultural festivities isn't it? Probably should stock up on the standards. I think I've probably got everything for brewin' a Peppermint Porter if you're interested."

I was thinking more about the food. I mean this place has a cook doesn't it? That plant lady that was hanging around here she is a cook. Trying to get a job here or something the other week. But if all you have is this Peppermint Porter I guess I could try it. 

As Ronin makes his way into the Hall, he quickly heads over to the mission kiosk and signs up for Mission #8 and Mission #9.  He then looks around trying to see if he can spot his friends.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:56 PM, Duvors said:

"Thank you Thorvald," Enson said as he accepted his tea.  "Now if you'll excuse me-" he rose from his seat, bowing slightly to those around him "-ladies, gentlemen, I have things to do."
And with that, he glided out of the room.

4 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

As Ronin makes his way into the Hall, he quickly heads over to the mission kiosk and signs up for Mission #8 and Mission #9.  He then looks around trying to see if he can spot his friends.

Spotting Ronin entering the Hotel and spotted Enson again Polaris started to talk to herself. 

I wonder if I could round those two up and as them about the "snow lady"?