Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

Zaria squints in frustration as the Mission Board updates, not seeing her name on the list. She takes her fist and lightly whacks the top of the machine, hoping to speed it up somehow and have her name appear as beingย signed up for mission 7.

Zaria smiles, pleased by the outcome of her action. She returns to her seat and returns to her book.

Entering the Hall Merei reads the board quickly. "I have just proven adept at space speeder recovery. Perhaps missing ships will work much the same," she says to herself. "Besides, I would like to see a mystery."

She signs up for Mission #7 before going to sit at the table near the bar, opening her holo-cube and scrolling through the notes on theย documents she stole.

Kirwin enters the hall. Initiallyย Kirwinย looks to be deep in thought. Using those explosives helped the team but lives were lost. How did they feel about that? Not great but they wanted to save their friends. Kirwinย shiftsย gears and thinks about the overall mission.ย Kirwinย whispers to no one in particular, "Well, aย great first adventure! Straight out of the screen like Speeder Wars! Adventure, adventure, ad-ven-ture!"

Kirwinย glances at the board and sees some available missions. "Hmm, better sign up before I go to the training center!"

Kirwinย signs up for Mission #7 and Mission #8 before leaving the hall.

ooc: It looks like a bunch of people are signed up for #7 so I did not. If I need to go on mission #7 to mix up parties I'm fine with that as well! :)

edit: ok

ย 

Edited by karmajay

51618244124_521a330ee7.jpg

"Greetings friends! This unit's mission was a great success, are there any new assignments?" Bers cheerfully exclaims loudly throughout the hall as he makes his way towards the Mission Board.

'These sound like great oppertunities for more experience, wealth and booze. I'll sign up for both and let the clients decide.' Bers thinks to himself as he signs up for Mission #7 and Mission #8

Yelana woke to a 'ding' sound in her ear.ย 
"Uhhhh. . . Notifications. . . <How long was I asleep?>."ย 
"<Good Afternoon, Yelana - It Has Been Thirteen Hours Twenty-Nine Minutes Since You Were Last Conscious.>ย 
"Shit. . . Not even theย longestย I've slept. . . "ย 
Yelana sighed and sat up from the sofa that she had been lying on, slipped her hands into her gloves, then brought her arms up and over her shoulders. The thin black fabric of her shirt began to take on a leathery texture, followed by a flexible metallic one. Yelana stepped into her boots, causing her leggings to undergo the same transformation that her shirt had. Small plates and circuits flickered and swirled around her body as her suit materialised.ย 
"Newย voice'llย take time to get used to. . . <What's the status of the update?>".ย 
"<System-Wide OS Update Is Complete: You Now Have Full Psychic Control Over All Visor And Suit Functions. Translation System And Improved Decryption Mechanisms Have Been Fully Integrated.>"ย 
Yelanaย kicked the lid of an Ozzorli's Pizza box open, bending down to grab a leftover slice (the corner of which she stuffed into her mouth) and to pick up her belt. "Mmm. . .ย Nmmmce" she said as she fastened her belt around her waist. Actually taking a bite of the pizza, Yelana thought "<Show me>". Flicking the fingers of her left hand out (while still eating the pizza with her right), orange holographic buttons and lines of code appeared in the air, emanating from her palm. Snapping her hand around, the holograms disappeared. Yelana put a few small bags of pretzels into a pocket on her belt as she finished her slice of pizza, then attached her backpack to her back. Grabbing two pyramidal dataย drives from her desk, Yelana put them into her backpack and flipped her rifle over her shoulder, which fastened magnetically to the right side of her backpack. Finally, she slipped her chopsticks into her hair, and left her apartment for the Hall (intending to stop by Svet's Spices for a cup of tea on her way).ย 
ย 

The Mission Board lights up as another tinny Hart fanfare plays from the speakers, updating one final time.

Chosen Heroes for Mission 7:

• Varen (KotZ)
  • Zaria (Kintober)
  • Merei (Zepher)
  • Kirwinย (karmajay)

Please make any final changes and gather in the Hart Logistics hanger on the Northern Docks within 24 hours.

Zaria notices the fanfare, closing her tome and packing her belongings. Silently she makes her way out of the hall in order to make final preparations. She didn't know anyone else on the board besides Varen, bit only barely. Perhaps a sign of positive things to come? Zaria could only hope that was the case.

Current Sign Ups for Mission 8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It:

Bers (Dutch-Thriceman)

Yelana walked into the Hall from the Library and stopped at the Missionboard. Looking over it, she signed up for Mission #8.ย 
As she glancedย around the Hall, Yelana nodded to Bers, noting his upgraded appearance, then left and walked back to her apartment.ย 
ย 

41 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

51631834983_35d73ecdfc_t.jpg
"I have not been given a formal... designation... One moment..."

"After searching, I believe a suitable 'name' would be... Query"

Yelana is certain from her code analysis that the voice is originating from the data she has downloaded and is independent of the terminal and seems to be a part of it.

Upon returning to her apartment, Yelana sighed deeply, took her backpack off and dropped it onto the ground by the sofa, then flopped down. Lying on her back, she reached down and retrieved the now-empty data drive from her backpack and flipped it open.ย 
"<Access all recently-downloaded information, isolate the programme self-designated as 'Query', and transfer it to the external drive.>"ย 
"<One Moment. . . >"ย 
ย 

36 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Upon returning to her apartment, Yelana sighed deeply, took her backpack off and dropped it onto the ground by the sofa, then flopped down. Lying on her back, she reached down and retrieved the now-empty data drive from her backpack and flipped it open.ย 
"<Access all recently-downloaded information, isolate the programme self-designated as 'Query', and transfer it to the external drive.>"ย 
"<One Moment. . . >"ย 
ย 

Yelana Coding Proficiency Check (DC 7) - (1,3,2,4,+1) 2 Successes

"I'm afraid... it won't be that easy. Agent... Fennix."

Yelana finds that she is unable to isolate the program as it seems completely intermeshedย with the data she had downloaded.

14 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I'm afraid... it won't be that easy. Agent... Fennix."

Yelana sat straight up and activated her translator, snapping the drive closed and dropping itย onto the floor as she did.ย 
"<How do you know myย name?!ย What's your function as a programme??>"ย 
ย 

25 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana sat straight up and activated her translator, snapping the drive closed and dropping itย onto the floor as she did.ย 
"<How do you know myย name?!ย What's your function as a programme??>"ย 
ย 

"I have been tasked... with ensuring the security of Heroica Hall's data. As for your... name. Consider it an exchange of information."

17 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I have been tasked... with ensuring the security of Heroica Hall's data. As for your... name. Consider it an exchange of information."

"<So you got my name from the database, then? And if you're supposed to be managing Heroica's data-security, why are youย here, with me?>"ย 
ย 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"<So you got my name from the database, then? And if you're supposed to be managing Heroica's data-security, why are youย here, with me?>"ย 
ย 

"Negative... Consider it an exchange. Your data for the library's data."

MM Note: To be clear Query's voice is coming through Yelana's headset, they are not physically present.

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: To be clear Query's voice is coming through Yelana's headset, they are not physically present.

OoC:ย 

Spoiler

I was asking whether the "Query" programme was downloaded from the Library's computers (meaning that its code is currently stored only on Yelana's visor) orย copied (meaning that the code is present in both the computer and the visor, making two versions of the same programme).ย 

ย 

18 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Negative... Consider it an exchange. Your data for the library's data."

Yelana inhaled sharply.ย 
"<Myย data?? What do you know about me??>"ย 
ย 

3 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana inhaled sharply.ย 
"<Myย data?? What do you know about me??>"ย 
ย 

"That for the moment you are not a threat to the Hall... Hmmm...You store an interesting assortment of files here..."

5 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"That for the moment you are not a threat to the Hall... Hmmm...You store an interesting assortment of files here..."

Yelana bit down on her lip, as she tried to figure out exactly what was happening.ย 
"<Whaย - How are you getting into my files??ย Iย have security measures in-place, too - Not justย anyoneย can access what I know. Prove it.>"ย 

12 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana bit down on her lip, as she tried to figure out exactly what was happening.ย 
"<Whaย - How are you getting into my files??ย Iย have security measures in-place, too - Not justย anyoneย can access what I know. Prove it.>"ย 

"Why should I seek to prove anything?ย My purpose is to assess threats to Heroica Hall... Are you asserting that you do mean to threaten the Hall?"

4 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Why should I seek to prove anything?ย My purpose is to assess threats to Heroica Hall... Are you asserting that you do mean to threaten the Hall?"

"<I'mย tryingย to see if you're bluffing, when you said you were accessing my files. What do you know? And you assessย threats? What's your criteria. . . And what do youย doย when you find something you deem a threat?>"ย 
ย