Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"With that sort of soldiering background, I'm sure you'll fit right in, Max. Personally, I'm not one for much violence. It has it's place in the world, but I find most sapient creatures turn to it as a means for solving a problem first without considering its repercussions. Thankfully, Heroica seems to value problem solving of all varieties." Valesia signals for another drink, "Corvanis, that's in the Nendara System right? 

"That's a noble disposition. Good to hear that Heroica values all options, i'd rather not be part of an organization that sees itself as an hammer and everything else as nails, like military did." Seeing Valesia order another drink made Max ponder if he should too. "Yeah, right where the collapse happened. Can't say i know much about it's history or anything though, well apart from how huge Hydrocobalt deposits it has. Now if you'll excuse me for a moment, i'll go refill my cup". Standing up he left for the bar counter, but noticed the mission board right next to it. "A mysterious signal eh? I suppose i can be discreet" Max mused to himself before signing up for the mission.

Maximilian signs up for Mission #6

After getting his refill he walked back to the table where Valesia sat. "I remember hearing that you people like to travel - have you ever been to the Nendara system yourself?"

On 8/30/2021 at 2:01 AM, KotZ said:

"Yeah, all part of the job. Nobody left behind, right? At least that's what they say in the corps from what I've heard. Aetherspace is just bizarre. Definitely need to learn more about it, otherwise we're not gonna do well here, I got that feeling."

"Not just an army saying, but also an essential principle in life, if you ask me," the Chimeran chimed in. "Besides, speaking from experience: the 'leave no man behind' doctrine doesn't always apply to everybody. Some people ain't too keen on us Chimerans, feel me."

"Nah, Polaris, you don' want to hear me sing. It would sound like a dying cat." He quickly turned to Felix. "No offense, bud."

Felix grinned widely, baring his teeth. "Heh, none taken"

On 8/30/2021 at 4:51 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

"Long story... actually short story, Hun. Chute was clogged by some psychic rats, ended up finding an unfortunate wretch holed up down there who had adopted the critters, and we got them relocated before blowing up the blockage with a bomb. Even after three showers I can still feel that clammy air though." Valesia drains half of her drink, before accepting the hand. "Valesia. Dying in Ætherspace would have been an interesting outcome, do you die here in the real world as well, or does your body just go about soulless?"

Picking in on the conversation, Felix bitterly replied: "The body cannot live without the mind. A soulless body is nothing but an empty, lifeless husk. So yeah, I'd categorize that as 'death'."

7 minutes ago, Alix said:

After getting his refill he walked back to the table where Valesia sat. "I remember hearing that you people like to travel - have you ever been to the Nendara system yourself?"

"That we do, but unfortunately my budget only got me as far as Ebria. I'd like to see the Nendara System some day, but with the Æthergate out of commission, a trip like that... well I'd rather be spending my money on quality ingredients. Besides, I find food is almost as good of a conversation starter as any exotic place."

2 minutes ago, Khorne said:

Picking in on the conversation, Felix bitterly replied: "The body cannot live without the mind. A soulless body is nothing but an empty, lifeless husk. So yeah, I'd categorize that as 'death'."

"Sounds awful. I do wonder what the Undead make of it though. Apparently some of them got enough worth sticking around for."

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"That we do, but unfortunately my budget only got me as far as Ebria. I'd like to see the Nendara System some day, but with the Æthergate out of commission, a trip like that... well I'd rather be spending my money on quality ingredients. Besides, I find food is almost as good of a conversation starter as any exotic place."

"Fair point" Max said taking a bite of the toffees given to him. " I found out the hard way how tough it was to travel out of that place but the strangeness of the place was something unique."

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sounds awful. I do wonder what the Undead make of it though. Apparently some of them got enough worth sticking around for."

"Too be honest, ma'm, I wouldn't have the faintest clue. I can't say I've ever met an Undead person before. Or at least not in a context where we'd be having a philosophical conversation about their state of life. If you can call it that."

MM Note: Endgame is still out of town and has asked signups for Mission 6 be pushed back to 9/17. Thank you for your patience. :classic:

A new mission has been posted!

Mission #7: My Bleeding Hart
Mission Master: Legonater
Assignment: “Greetings, Heroica; the name is Jace Orion, and I’m an associate of Mr. Jefferson Mortizar, from Hart Logistics. In the past month, one of our shipping assets vanished without a signal, and I was put on the case of retrieving it. Despite the best efforts of myself and my fellow agents, we’ve been unable to recover the lost shipment, & Mr. Mortizar fears the freighter has fallen to the expanse of dark space. Since this particular shipment was of some… personal value to him, heat has picked up from on top to get it back. I have one final lead, and I’m hoping you at Heroica might help give the final push we need to track it down.” – Hart Logistics
Party Requirements: “About 3-5 heroes with a keen head on their shoulders.”
Reward: “How does 50 Credits each and a personal word to Mr. Mortizar sound? I’m sure we could talk about further bonuses depending on the state of his shipment.”
Sign-ups Close: September 17th

Varen noticed the new posted mission. He left his seat and went up to the board, scanning the listing. "Gotta find something? Well damn, hey Felix! You'd be great for this!"

He continued reading, making a noise at the 50 credits. "50? The other job is 80. Who in blazes is Mr. Mortizar?" He paused. "Well, doesn't always hurt to play with the big cats."

Varen signed up for Mission #7

A transmission comes in, and from the console behind the jobs board, a small printout is churned out, the ink still fresh and smudgy.

Current Sign-Ups For Mission Six

• Varen (KotZ)
  • Felix (Khorne)
  • Valesia (WBD)
  • Maximilian (Alix)

On 9/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, KotZ said:

Varen noticed the new posted mission. He left his seat and went up to the board, scanning the listing. "Gotta find something? Well damn, hey Felix! You'd be great for this!"

He continued reading, making a noise at the 50 credits. "50? The other job is 80. Who in blazes is Mr. Mortizar?" He paused. "Well, doesn't always hurt to play with the big cats."

Varen signed up for Mission #7

"Then it'll be handy to have someone proficient in negotiations to ensure they are paid adequately." Valesia smiles as she also signs up for Mission 7.

MM Note: Thanks for your patience folks, we're waiting for Mission 1 to wrap up so that Missions 6 & 7 have some variety of players. Sign-ups will close once they return which should hopefully be shortly.

22 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

MM Note: Thanks for your patience folks, we're waiting for Mission 1 to wrap up so that Missions 6 & 7 have some variety of players. Sign-ups will close once they return which should hopefully be shortly.

Great! I don't mind the wait. I've rather calm on the boards here, since we're having a bit of an Indian Summer in Belgium, so I've got to catch those rays after a soaked summer vacation :laugh: .

A brief fanfare and the Hart insignia flash on the Quest Board.

Current Sign Ups for Mission 7:

• Varen (KotZ)
  • Valesia (Waterbrick Down)

Soren returns to the Hall, and looks through the quest lists. Hart? No way he was doing another company mission, not for a hot minute, at least. Communication problems, that seemed more low-key. 

Soren Aeolus signs up for Mission 6.

Current Sign-Ups For Mission Six

• Varen (KotZ)
  • Felix (Khorne)
  • Valesia (WBD)
  • Maximilian (Alix)
  • Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)

Sign-Ups close 10/3! Last call.

Another transmission filters in, the display on the Mission Terminal updating to reflect decisions made...

Chosen Agents For Mission Six

• Felix (Khorne)
  • Valesia (WBD)
  • Maximilian (Alix)
  • Soren Aeolus (The Legonater)

[[Mission Thread Up Within 24 Hours!]]

Zaria stirs from her rest, sitting up in bed and blearily looking around the dark room in the hall she’d found to rest in. Standing up and out of bed, she proceeds with a series of stretches before starting fully waking up with a warm shower: a luxury in her century long travels. 

After drying herself off, she gears up and heads out for the day, feeling prepared for the journeys to come.

Stepping into the hall, Zaria makes her way to the mission board and signs up for Mission 7. Satisfied with her signature, she takes a seat at the bar and continues reading a text on breathing exercises and jogging techniques.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria stirs from her rest, sitting up in bed and blearily looking around the dark room in the hall she’d found to rest in. Standing up and out of bed, she proceeds with a series of stretches before starting fully waking up with a warm shower: a luxury in her century long travels. 

After drying herself off, she gears up and heads out for the day, feeling prepared for the journeys to come.

Stepping into the hall, Zaria makes her way to the mission board and signs up for Mission 7. Satisfied with her signature, she takes a seat at the bar and continues reading a text on breathing exercises and jogging techniques.

Varen nods to Zaria. "Hey. You just get back from a mission?"

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

Varen nods to Zaria. "Hey. You just get back from a mission?"

Zaria nods, putting the holoscribe aside. "I have. I do not believe I have ever had a mercenary team hired by the same employer try to kill me, but there is a first for everything."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria nods, putting the holoscribe aside. "I have. I do not believe I have ever had a mercenary team hired by the same employer try to kill me, but there is a first for everything."

"Survival of the fittest, amiright?"

Zaria thought on Soren's comment, unsure of what to initially make of it. "I suppose so." Zaria initially replied before elaborating. "We managed to kill one of them, but the other two escaped." Zaria's knuckles rap against the bar lightly as she ponders on the two that escaped. "I do not take kindly to individuals blowing holes in the sides of passenger trains. When I meet those two again I will ensure they see justice for putting profit over civilian lives."

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria thought on Soren's comment, unsure of what to initially make of it. "I suppose so." Zaria initially replied before elaborating. "We managed to kill one of them, but the other two escaped." Zaria's knuckles rap against the bar lightly as she ponders on the two that escaped. "I do not take kindly to individuals blowing holes in the sides of passenger trains. When I meet those two again I will ensure they see justice for putting profit over civilian lives."

"Wait," Varen said, his voice rising. "Passenger trains? Look not meaning to knock you but that\s a pretty big deal.|

“Agreed. Apparently when you hire Blackguard, you spend ridiculous amounts of credits only for them to almost derail a train on a gas giant.” Zaria shook her head. “All for a cube that likely never should’ve left Aluriel.”

Edited by Kintobor

A new mission has been added to the mission board!

Mission #8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It
Mission Master: Kintobor
Description: "Heroes, I have a peculiar case at hand. In a small village on Aluriel, my sources have picked up a notorious criminal. However, the locals seem to have embraced this figure, referring to him as Mr. Fix-It. I need to know if this is a ruse or not, if "Mr. Fix-It" is merely an act or if something of interest has happened. Your assistance in the matter would be appreciated. - Free Captain Ezra Nezzar of Ark Victoire"
Party Requirements: "Three to four heroes who can investigate and throw down in a fight are preferred."
Reward: "75 gold for dealing with this issue and reporting back to me on your findings."
Sign-ups Close: November 5th

A brief fanfare and the Hart insignia flash on the Quest Board.

Current Sign Ups for Mission 7:

• Varen (KotZ)
  • Yelana (Classic_Spaceman)
  • Zaria (Kintober)

"Apologies for the delays! Sign-ups close October 24th!"

Edited by The Legonater