Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

On 7/19/2021 at 9:50 AM, Zepher said:

Merei clicks off the holo-cube, and slides it carefully into her pocket. On her note taking cube she clicks a few final buttons. Thoughtfully. No rush. She puts that away too.

"I don't want to be rude but would like to be honest. I am not a fan. I have not seen it until today, and even now, I don't believe I am the intended audience. It is well done, and I'm sure it has value to many people. Yourself included. And if it were only you it brought joy to, that would be enough." Merei stands. "I will gladly come join you at the bar. I am Merei Teo, though you did not ask. You will have to introduce me to your friends. I haven't heard any of them mention a media presence from which to study them, and so I will have to make due with in-person observation." Heat plays across Yissam♥'s face as a bright laugh emanates from Merei.

"...Hmm. You sound quite intelligent. But more importantly, your sense of fashion is top-notch! I imagine you'll make a perfect guest for the show. If you wanna meet my friends, you better get a move on; the best study happens up close and personal, and I'm the only media presence this little hole in the wall is ever gonna need."

With a devious grin, she beckons the Celestial to join her, and heads back to the bar.

"I can assure you, my intelligence is the same as anyone's, and my fashion sense as well. But! I am not immune to flattery." Merei follows Yissam♥ to the bar and tips her hat to Bers, Thorvald, and Kreri. "It is a pleasure to meet you all. I am Merei Teo. And you?" She turns to Yissam♥. "I am curious what it is that brings you to this Hall. Were you born here on this station? Can you tell me anything more about it?"

I wrote a small note at the bottom of the 4 sign-up. "The OCD leaves me pretty flaky - but forgive my presumptuousness, you strike me as the sort without much cash. As one poorer sort to another, I'd help for free- if you don't mind a flake. ~GHOSTER"

Unfazed by the other heroes in the hall, Ronin gets up from his seat and shuffles over to the holo-board and signs up for Mission #4.  His footsteps are oddly quiet with the exception of the metal clanging from his aged armor.  He pays them no attention and returns to his seat and sits back down, motionless, waiting.

Spotting Ronin, Merei raises a hand in greeting, but having herself previously been skulking around the outskirts of the bar she doesn't feel it would be fair to summon the mysterious stranger over. To each their own pace.

Current Sign Ups for Mission #4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

-Kirwin (karmajay)
-Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
-Yissam (CMP)
-Merei Teo (Zepher)
-GHOSTER (Lind Whisper)
-Ronin (Yzalirk)

Edited by Kintobor

Ronin notices Merei’s greeting and respectfully bows his head in response.

Bers hails all the new arrivals.

51260461662_82ed7809fe_t.jpg "Greetings new friends! So many new arrivals at the hall as of late, it hasn't been this bussy in many weeks."

With a skip in her step, Aysu returned to the hall. A successful mission under her belt was making her feel even more chipper than she had when arriving for the first time. Finding an empty table, she pulled out her PeRC0mm and started to write a message to her parents.

Hiya Mom and Dad!

I hope you got the message that I reached the station safely and joined the Hall! This place is really cool and I have already met some fellow adventurers. I've even had a mission! 

There was a need to clear the garbage disposal system-

Aysu paused, it didn't sound very adventurous and then there was the problem of explaining how they had resolved things. Pests were never popular with scrappers, even if she had a personal soft spot for pettable creatures. Pondering how to write out something for her family, Aysu decided to figure it out over a drink.

On 7/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, Kintobor said:

Current Sign Ups for Mission #4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

-Kirwin (karmajay)
-Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
-Yissam (CMP)
-Merei Teo (Zepher)
-GHOSTER (Lind Whisper)
-Ronin (Yzalirk)

I'm sorry

Last Call for Mission #4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?

-Kirwin (karmajay)
-Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
-Yissam (CMP)
-Merei Teo (Zepher)
-Ronin (Yzalirk)

Thorvald wanders over to the Mission board and posts a new Mission.

Mission #5: Slay Ride
Mission Master: Waterbrick Down
Assignment: "We've had an influx of predatory scavengers lately and our town is preparing for Recivic's famous tricennial 2000 mile sled-wyrm race, the Ivishin. We need help clearing some of the trails to keep the racers safe." - Mervin Softpaw, Ivishin Directors Board Member.
Party Requirements: 3-6 well equipped hunters that don't mind the cold.
Reward: 50 credits each and a calibrated weapon.
Sign-ups Close: 8/20

Still stalled on the letter, Aysu shook her head. Movement alerted her to a new quest in the hall. Ambling over, she read the board. "Cold huh?" Aysu still had the enviro-suit her family had given her, created to keep any wearer at optimum condition. "Cold shouldn't be a problem." Plus, a new calibrated weapon would be a sweet reward.

Aysu scanned her name to Mission #5: Slay Ride

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Alright, listen up, call just came in from the client for the missing space speeder! Kirwin, Bers, Yissam♥, Merei Teo, pack your bags, you're heading to Cosmopoli. The client, Antony, will meet you at Docking Terminal 12 when you reach the Endless City. Best of luck out there."

-Chosen Heroes for Mission #4: Dude, Where's My Space Speeder?-
-Kirwin (karmajay)
-Bers (Dutch Thriceman)
-Yissam♥ (CMP)
-Merei Teo (Zepher)

MM Note: You have 24 hours to get any last minute shopping done. Other than that, welcome aboard. :classic:

With a grin and a wave, Yissam♥ bows before the Hall at large.

"Looks like I'll be off, then! Be sure to tune in for my latest episode!! Mwah!"

And with that, she leaves, sweeping her cape behind her and being sure to film every angle of her exit.

Kirwin turns toward the voice and the excitement is evident in their body language.

He whispers "Adventure here we come!" to no one in particular before hustling out the door.

Merei scoops up her holocubes, having never gotten around to ordering a drink. She bows respectfully to Aysu as she passes. "Our meeting will have to wait for another time," she says as she follows Yissam♥ and Kirwin out of the Hall. She hangs at the doorway a moment, locking her vision on Bers"You should be accompanying us too. I won't rush you, but don't dawdle either, please."

Ronin watches as the four chosen heroes exit the hall, observing their excitement.  Why do they look so excited to potentially put themselves in the danger?  Such foolish behavior.  He speaks faintly, "May you all be safe and return unharmed."

He follows behind Aysu and signs up for Mission #5 too.

Stepping into the hall comes a tall, well built Menahi, making his way to the bar.

51365917518_c954a880db_t.png
"Oi! Barkeep! A round for the house!"

"...Nondos, the drinks are free so long as you have membership, and everyone here is a member of this guild."

"Oh. Right. BWAHAHAHA!! Well, pour one out for everyone anyways! It is a glorious day!" Nondos grabs a bottle of alcohol off the bar and uncorks it with his sharp teeth. "Cheers, folks!"

4 minutes ago, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg
"I do not drink."

"Don't drink?" Nondos raises an eyebrow, side eyeing Ronin as he drinks from the bottle of alcohol. "If you must, barkeep, a glass of water for our friend here.

Hall's pretty quiet, so I guess whoever is here has my full attention. Name's Nondos Aghonzath. Hope the hall's been homely and accommodating."

"Can I have another pink and fizzy drink, but do you have edible glitter? I've had a success so I would like something a little more celebratory!" Aysu smiled wide. 

Ronin slides the glass of water back to Thorvald,
FRa4548.jpeg
"That is quite unnecessary."

11 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Don't drink?" Nondos raises an eyebrow, side eyeing Ronin as he drinks from the bottle of alcohol. "If you must, barkeep, a glass of water for our friend here.

Hall's pretty quiet, so I guess whoever is here has my full attention. Name's Nondos Aghonzath. Hope the hall's been homely and accommodating."

He directs his attention back to the bashful Menahi,
FRa4548.jpeg
"It is an honor."

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Can I have another pink and fizzy drink, but do you have edible glitter? I've had a success so I would like something a little more celebratory!" Aysu smiled wide. 

"Edible glitter? Hang on, let me see if we have anything like that in the back." Thorvald steps away from the bar and into the kitchen, pushing the door into it with a loud creak. The sound of shuffling items echoes into the hall as Thorvald, out of view, seemingly scours the kitchen for Aysu's requested item. After a few moments go by, Thorvald returns with a glass jar with a label reading "edible glitter", it's contents gleaming in the bright lights of the hall as it catches the light.

"This can just stay up here, I guess. I doubt we'll be needing it for cakes or confections anytime soon. That and I trust you all enough not to throw this stuff around. You'll be dealing with Mr. Grumble if you do." Thorvald prepares Aysu's requested drink and hands it to her.

Edited by Kintobor

"Thanks! That is so kind of you." Aysu looked at the glimmer of her drink and grinned. So far the Hall had been great.