Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Mostly the thing just nicked  my ear, if you want to do something about that let me know. Now if want to look at Miles over there I better go with you, he might do something dumb if I am not around... 

Hey mister barkeep, is their a chance I could get some fish to eat? 

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"If you like 'em covered in breadcrumbs and fried I can put in an order with the cook."

Valesia rolls her eyes,
51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg
"If you're around tomorrow I can see about whipping up some herb crusted Tehanuyan tuna with lemon butter. Now I'm no engineer, but lets see about that wound of yours, Hun." The Cladrasith takes a calming breath and begins humming a soft low tune slowly coaxing the flesh of the Chimeran's skin to knit itself back together, the sinews glowing with a faint healing light.

Well I am still alive, so their is that. 

What the...that thing wasn't working alone. I only seen pictures of those robots. We call them "Walbers" or more like nicknamed that. They showed up on my new home world recently claiming it is now theirs. You know what I should just tell the whole story from the beginning...

Hey mister barkeep can I get a glass of water too? First off I am in the military for the Ne'xo kingdom or more like semi retired (but I will get to that in a little bit). The Ne'xo kingdom first started out on a totally different planet. On this planet their was a bunch of different kingdoms. Ne'xo was probably the most advance of all of them partly because of the natural barriers surrounding the kingdom witch isolated the kingdom form the rest of the world. And because of that they were able to advance faster than the other kingdoms. But like usually the other kingdoms were a little envious and wanted the power for themselves. Now we were dealing with the other kingdoms just fine (keeping them in line I guess). It was the crazy terrorist organizations we a lot more trouble with, they seem hell bent on taking over the entire planet. So when our scientist developed the "distortion drive" we took to the stars. And after a few generations we finally found a planet that wasn't claimed by anyone or had no intelligent life living on it. And that was like 25 cycles ago. Well that is what we get taught in class... Now more for my personal story I joined up with the kingdom's military like any idealistic young person. After basic training one of my first assignments was clearing minefields. One day clearing this "new enemy's" minefield...I missed one and it eventually went off. It was some new type of mine, it turned my right leg into some type of crystal, it hit me in a few other spots but the leg took the blunt of the attack. The doctors couldn't do anything about the leg. They couldn't cut it off or anything else. I was in the hospital so long (and with fever dreams too). I started to pickup their medical procedures and got certified as a medic. But then the higher ups decided to resign me to some advance scout and then send me here (along with Miles). They told me it was to send a message to any potential enemies that even hurt we are still tough to beat. But I got to wonder if it was because they didn't want "hurt" people around. 

"Sure thing."

"That is quite the misfortune, you seem to be adapting well though. So now you're here looking for these "enemies" or did you have something else in mind?"

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I like that - It sounds like a fascinating experience."

Zaria wasn't sure if Yelana was being sarcastic or not, but continued to speak to her. "Well, perhaps you would like to enlighten us on your past experiences?" Zaria suggested. "If you are going to ask questions you should expect to get some directed towards you sooner than later, Yelana." Zaria proceeded to enjoy her cup of coffee. She wasn't sure where the coffee came from, it most certainly wasn't the type of blend or roast she was used to, but it would do.

14 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"It was not uncommon for priests and travellers to leave behind a little something to the abbey, whether it be a book or a recipe or a bauble from their travels. The abbey became a repository for knowledge, although by no means were we a grand, or ornate temple, not by any means. Still, it was home for a long time, no, it still is, really. Eventually, though, wanderlust settles in, and then, well... the only cure for that is to get up and go." Zaria took a long drink from her coffee before continuing, smiling at the thought of travel. "I hope to one day to see the groves of the Cladrasith. I mean, I hope to one day see a lot of this galaxy, but perhaps my impatience is getting the better of me."

"You'd be among the lucky few. Apart from the O'kor'uk, the elders prefer the silent communion of the Remembering, but it is a grand sight to behold. Perhaps one day." Valesia takes a sip of her Julip before moving over to inspect the Mission Board. After much consideration she signs up for Quest 3: Rat Catchers. "I suppose the closest step to working for the organization is getting to know its employees, perhaps I can get this Miss Rachel to put in a good word for me."

Current Sign Ups for Mission #3: Rat Catchers:
-Enson (Duvors)
-Valesia (Waterbrick Down)

---

13 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"You'd be among the lucky few. Apart from the O'kor'uk, the elders prefer the silent communion of the Remembering, but it is a grand sight to behold. Perhaps one day." Valesia takes a sip of her Julip before moving over to inspect the Mission Board. After much consideration she signs up for Quest 3: Rat Catchers. "I suppose the closest step to working for the organization is getting to know its employees, perhaps I can get this Miss Rachel to put in a good word for me."

"Well, I suppose I've got the time to figure out how I'm going to see that." Zaria laughed.

16 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Fetching odds and ends, or at least that's what the bartender made it sound like. But I do suppose people have to get from one place to the next. so piloting has surely got to be handy like."

So long's it lands me a paycheque, you'll hear no complaining from me. 

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"It was not uncommon for priests and travellers to leave behind a little something to the abbey, whether it be a book or a recipe or a bauble from their travels. The abbey became a repository for knowledge, although by no means were we a grand, or ornate temple, not by any means. Still, it was home for a long time, no, it still is, really. Eventually, though, wanderlust settles in, and then, well... the only cure for that is to get up and go." Zaria took a long drink from her coffee before continuing, smiling at the thought of travel. "I hope to one day to see the groves of the Cladrasith. I mean, I hope to one day see a lot of this galaxy, but perhaps my impatience is getting the better of me."

As they say, there's no time like the present. 'Sounds like you're halfway there - impatience comes from a lack of control. The key 's to live in the moment. The rest will fall into place. Soren tries to take a swig from his glass as if to punctuate his point, having said more than usual, but all he got was still-thawing ice and a small trickle of rye. 

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"If you like 'em covered in breadcrumbs and fried I can put in an order with the cook."

Valesia rolls her eyes,
"If you're around tomorrow I can see about whipping up some herb crusted Tehanuyan tuna with lemon butter. Now I'm no engineer, but lets see about that wound of yours, Hun." The Cladrasith takes a calming breath and begins humming a soft low tune slowly coaxing the flesh of the Chimeran's skin to knit itself back together, the sinews glowing with a faint healing light.

"Sure thing."

"That is quite the misfortune, you seem to be adapting well though. So now you're here looking for these "enemies" or did you have something else in mind?"

Sure, go for it buddy. Telling the other Chimeran. 

Well, hay! The stinging is gone. I think I am going to have to learn to do that spell. All I seem to be able to do some "cold stuff" and I think I got that from one of my grandparents. She told Valesia. 

Thank you. She said to the Chimeran. 

I wasn't actively looking for State enemies if I see any more I definitely will have to report it to my supervisors. But really I an spouse to check out Heroica to see how go of an ally it could be for the Ne'xo kingdom. Plus, I am going to let "wind take me somewhere" as the saying goes. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
added comment

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

As they say, there's no time like the present. 'Sounds like you're halfway there - impatience comes from a lack of control. The key 's to live in the moment. The rest will fall into place. Soren tries to take a swig from his glass as if to punctuate his point, having said more than usual, but all he got was still-thawing ice and a small trickle of rye. 

"I am going to forget what I heard about myself "lacking control" under the pretense that it is likely you are inebriated." Zaria comments nonchalantly, not making eye contact with Soren and taking a drink from her coffee.

27 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

I wasn't actively looking for State enemies if I see any more I definitely will have to report it to my supervisors. But really I an spouse to check out Heroica to see how go of an ally it could be for the Ne'xo kingdom. Plus, I am going to let "wind take me somewhere" as the saying goes. 

"Well, I hope Varuth keeps you safe in your travels to come. You seemingly had his blessing when you scrapped that robot."

Two Years And Some Change Ago

The Bucyria-288 was one of the most impressive strip mining machines on Akharif... about a decade ago. Alas, even the mightiest terraforming machine could do nothing but weep and rust as it was pushed into obsolescence. The Bucyria-293, the Cogwheel, the Sandripper - newer, sexier models replaced the old brute. And so, the mining corporations were forced to figure out what to do with their old toys. Some of the 288s were broken down for parts. Others were melted down for scrap. One particularly lucky one was being shipped across the cosmos to go in a museum. But most were simply left to rot in the desert, and rot they did, gems creeping up their plating as they sank further down into the sand.

In one remote little corner of Akharif, a young man huddled for safety in the corpse of one such retired mining titan. Outside he could hear electricity crackling, grains of sand roaring, air becoming ire. Electric sandstorms - only on Akharif. The young man was not particularly concerned for his safety. Why should he be, when his chosen shelter was designed to withstand a hundred thousand electric sandstorms? No. He was much more concerned that the winds and bolts outside were messing with his signal. He adjusted the antenna on his radio, intently trying to decipher the message through the static.

Something about the upcoming passion project of one Laserie Ablis... Something about "Heroica...?"

Now

The doors swing open and Decker DaCabe enters Heroica Hall for the first time. Looking around at the other patrons, he simply grabs a stool and does what he always did - go through the checklist in his head.

"In the right place, yep. Registration, done. Gun, check. Wrench, check. No need to be worried." He was right. The last two were all he ever needed to get this far in life.But something was nagging at him...

Decker's blaster felt a little... light? He took out the magazine and inspected it.

Ammo.

Not check.

"Oh, dammit..."

PAWVQwv.png

Decker DaCabe has joined Heroica!

Edited by Endgame

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"I am going to forget what I heard about myself "lacking control" under the pretense that it is likely you are inebriated." Zaria comments nonchalantly, not making eye contact with Soren and taking a drink from her coffee.

Soren shrugged, swirling his drink in an absent-minded effort to thaw it faster.

We're impatient because we want something out of our grasp. It's not that you lack control so much as no one has control. All we really have power over is the here and now. He glances down at his frozen glass. And sometimes even that's up for grabs.

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

The doors swing open and Decker DaCabe enters Heroica Hall for the first time. Looking around at the other patrons, he simply grabs a stool and does what he always did - go through the checklist in his head.

"In the right place, yep. Registration, done. Gun, check. Wrench, check. No need to be worried." He was right. The last two were all he ever needed to get this far in life.But something was nagging at him...

Decker's blaster felt a little... light? He took out the magazine and inspected it.

Ammo.

Not check.

"Oh, dammit..."

The sounds of misfortune drift to Soren's insightful ears. Like I said...

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Soren shrugged, swirling his drink in an absent-minded effort to thaw it faster.

We're impatient because we want something out of our grasp. It's not that you lack control so much as no one has control. All we really have power over is the here and now. He glances down at his frozen glass. And sometimes even that's up for grabs.

"Perhaps, but my faith in Varuth helps guide my sense of control over this universe. It does not take much to ask for his guidance and open one's heart to the voice of the open road. Whether you decide to listen to his wisdom, well, I suppose that is up to oneself to do." Zaria replies. "Heavens, where are my manners: my name is Zaria, by the way. Yourself? I do not think I've caught it." Zaria notices the new face walk in, turning briefly to look them over before returning her attention to the man before her.

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Sure, go for it buddy. Telling the other Chimeran. 

Well, hay! The stinging is gone. I think I am going to have to learn to do that spell. All I seem to be able to do some "cold stuff" and I think I got that from one of my grandparents. She told Valesia. 

"It's a fairly simple ditty, most little saplings are taught it from knee high on to help nurture and care for those around us. When you've got some free time I'd be glad to share it. Free taffy on the counter by the way, help yourself." Valesia smiles before turning to Soren and Zaria's philosophizing.

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

30 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Perhaps, but my faith in Varuth helps guide my sense of control over this universe. It does not take much to ask for his guidance and open one's heart to the voice of the open road. Whether you decide to listen to his wisdom, well, I suppose that is up to oneself to do." Zaria replies. "Heavens, where are my manners: my name is Zaria, by the way. Yourself? I do not think I've caught it." Zaria notices the new face walk in, turning briefly to look them over before returning her attention to the man before her.

"Alternatively, perhaps we're simply each playing the role the universe has designed us for, acting and reacting as we play our part in the grand story of life and nature. Nothing out of place, each simply acting as was always anticipated. Then all that's left is simply to be at peace with that and take joy in how we each uniquely fit into that bigger picture."

Current Sign Ups for Mission #1: Mercenaries on the Boreal Express
-Soren (Legonater)
-Zaria (Kintober)
-Yelana (Classic_Spaceman)

Current Sign Ups for Mission #2: Deep Dive
-Zaria (Kintober)
-Varen (KotZ)

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

23 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Alternatively, perhaps we're simply each playing the role the universe has designed us for, acting and reacting as we play our part in the grand story of life and nature. Nothing out of place, each simply acting as was always anticipated. Then all that's left is simply to be at peace with that and take joy in how we each uniquely fit into that bigger picture."

I'll agree with the notion that the goal is to be at peace with where we are. But the way I see it, it's all a game of improv. You deal with the cards you've been given, and hope that fortune's wheel keeps spinning.

And the name's Soren, he says, nodding to Zaria. Soren Aeolus.

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Well, I hope Varuth keeps you safe in your travels to come. You seemingly had his blessing when you scrapped that robot."

Varuth? Who is that? Some deity the elves worship. 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"It's a fairly simple ditty, most little saplings are taught it from knee high on to help nurture and care for those around us. When you've got some free time I'd be glad to share it. Free taffy on the counter by the way, help yourself." Valesia smiles before turning to Soren and Zaria's philosophizing.

Well it sounds easy enough to learn. Is their some sort of training area to practice that sort of stuff around here? 

After finishing up her fish she ordered. I better move that robot. She said to no one in particular. As she started to go back to M.I.L.E.S. That is when she first noticed the mission board. This thing is a mess. You think with all this digital computerise technology, it would look more organized. As she continues to talk to her self. This "mission one" I am not sure if I would be discreet enough for them, I know M.I.L.E.S. is not very discreet. "Mission two" what is this aetherspace I guess I could find out. Let's see "mission three" rat catcher well it seems easier than taking out a "big black ball robot". Ok how do I sign up for these? Do I touch it? Do I lick it? Do I sign something? How about yelling at it... 

& 

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

Ammo.

Not check.

"Oh, dammit..."

After Polaris and Miles put their dead robot "friend" out side. 

Hey mister are you sure you're in the right place? It looks like your weapon needs some work. 

/// Their should be some weapon repair shops on the space station. 

Miles, where are the shops? 

/// Processing information Polaris...I believe the station maps have been accidentally deleted from my memory banks. 

Well, I think we have a little mini mission, explore space station. 

49 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I'll agree with the notion that the goal is to be at peace with where we are. But the way I see it, it's all a game of improv. You deal with the cards you've been given, and hope that fortune's wheel keeps spinning.

And the name's Soren, he says, nodding to Zaria. Soren Aeolus.

"I feel like at this point we all agree on the outcome, but not the method in which we get there." Zaria shrugs. "Which is fine by me." Zaria shakes her head smiling, putting her hand to her forehead ashamedly. "I suppose giving you a full name would be good, would you not agree? My name is Zaria Karana, it is a pleasure to meet you, Soren."

8 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Varuth? Who is that? Some deity the elves worship.

Zaria was astounded at the lack of knowledge of the Pantheon in the hall. "No, he is not an elven deity, but rather a member of the Pantheon, which was established by the Republic many, many years ago. He's seemingly been with us since before we could even travel the stars, guiding us down the road and whispering us towards enlightenment. Varuth, the Hotelier, the Hospitable, the Wanderer, is a deity of travel, wisdom, and hospitality. When on the road you pray to him that you might arrive at your destination safely, and when you are at your destination you pray that your next journey will bring further understanding and enlightenment. You bless the inn owner, the bartender, and even the owner of the stable when you're simply looking for a place to stay the night. The galaxy is a big place, and Varuth teaches you that through travelling it and being a part of it do we find understanding in others and ourselves." Zaria finishes, taking a drink of coffee. "I could continue on, but only if you are interested. There are many deities within the Pantheon, but Varuth is the deity whom I worship and whose teachings I espouse when the need arises."

13 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria was astounded at the lack of knowledge of the Pantheon in the hall. "No, he is not an elven deity, but rather a member of the Pantheon, which was established by the Republic many, many years ago. He's seemingly been with us since before we could even travel the stars, guiding us down the road and whispering us towards enlightenment. Varuth, the Hotelier, the Hospitable, the Wanderer, is a deity of travel, wisdom, and hospitality. When on the road you pray to him that you might arrive at your destination safely, and when you are at your destination you pray that your next journey will bring further understanding and enlightenment. You bless the inn owner, the bartender, and even the owner of the stable when you're simply looking for a place to stay the night. The galaxy is a big place, and Varuth teaches you that through travelling it and being a part of it do we find understanding in others and ourselves." Zaria finishes, taking a drink of coffee. "I could continue on, but only if you are interested. There are many deities within the Pantheon, but Varuth is the deity whom I worship and whose teachings I espouse when the need arises."

Aaamm, no that is good enough. I barely know about the ones I should know about. Learning more probably will help me in the long run. 

36 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Aaamm, no that is good enough. I barely know about the ones I should know about. Learning more probably will help me in the long run. 

"Well, suit yourself. If you are ever interested in hearing more about Varuth, I would be more than willing to speak to you about his teachings." Zaria replies with a smile.

20 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Decker blinks behind his visor and looks up, noting the first person to regard him in his new line of work.

"Sorry, lost in my own head for a second there. Do we have business?" Decker asks, twirling the gun by the trigger around his finger. "I dig the shades."

16 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

After Polaris and Miles put their dead robot "friend" out side. 

Hey mister are you sure you're in the right place? It looks like your weapon needs some work. 

/// Their should be some weapon repair shops on the space station. 

Miles, where are the shops? 

/// Processing information Polaris...I believe the station maps have been accidentally deleted from my memory banks. 

Well, I think we have a little mini mission, explore space station. 

More interesting characters. If Decker had any prejudice against Chimerans, he didn't show it at first glance. The young mechanic lets his gaze linger on Miles as he talks.

"This is Heroica, ain't it?" Decker picks up his gun and gently whacks it against the edge of the table, the pistol making a dull thud with each contact. "And I think my gun will do just fine. It's not useless, just... Repurposed."

"Most people introduce themselves before offering to go ammo shopping." Decker stretches out a gloved hand, unsure if the Chimeran or robot would take it. "Decker. Pleased to meet ya."

Decker blinks behind his visor and looks up, noting the first person to regard him in his new line of work.

"Sorry, lost in my own head for a second there. Do we have business?" Decker asks, twirling the gun by the trigger around his finger. "I dig the shades."

Soren flashed a genuine grin. Thanks. I dig the gun.

If you're looking for work, there's a quest board in the corner. The pilot points over his shoulder with his thumb. 'Should still be open slots.

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I feel like at this point we all agree on the outcome, but not the method in which we get there." Zaria shrugs. "Which is fine by me." Zaria shakes her head smiling, putting her hand to her forehead ashamedly. "I suppose giving you a full name would be good, would you not agree? My name is Zaria Karana, it is a pleasure to meet you, Soren."

At the consensus, Soren gives an affirming nod. 

A pleasure, he echoed, albeit somewhat hollowly. 

More interesting characters. If Decker had any prejudice against Chimerans, he didn't show it at first glance. The young mechanic lets his gaze linger on Miles as he talks.

"This is Heroica, ain't it?" Decker picks up his gun and gently whacks it against the edge of the table, the pistol making a dull thud with each contact. "And I think my gun will do just fine. It's not useless, just... Repurposed."

"Most people introduce themselves before offering to go ammo shopping." Decker stretches out a gloved hand, unsure if the Chimeran or robot would take it. "Decker. Pleased to meet ya."

Oh, sorry I am Polaris Ursaring and this mecha is M.I.L.E.S. where I come we ended up calling everyone by their rank. I guess now they would be calling "scout". As for is this place Heroic? I think so, I ask that same question no one seem to answer that question.  

I don't remember any offer to get anyone any ammo, if I find some I will see if you can use it...Oh, you do that old custom, M.I.L.E.S. shake the gentlemen's hand (gently) you are closer.  

/// Yes Polaris, nice to meat you sir what ever your name might be. Then Miles shakes Decker's hand some would consider awkward for the looks of the sudden stopping and going. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, Kintobor said:

Zaria wasn't sure if Yelana was being sarcastic or not, but continued to speak to her. 

"I. . . What? Did I say something? Oh, sorry - My visor has a psychic component, part of the neural interface, actually, so sometimes I can pick up on emotional changes, fleeting thoughts, that kind of thing." 
Yelana took a chopstick out of her hair and began twirling it between her fingers. 
"I like learning about different cultures, and I really do think you've led an interesting life. I think my voice is just fast, and permanently set on 'sarcasm'!

On 6/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, Kintobor said:

"Well, perhaps you would like to enlighten us on your past experiences?" Zaria suggested. "If you are going to ask questions you should expect to get some directed towards you sooner than later, Yelana." 

Still twirling her chopstick, Yelana paused for a moment to think. 
"Well, a lot of what I've done is classified, but let's see. . . Uh, I work for the organisation most people know as 'The Triad', I'm a spy and an intel analyst - I've worked on everything from cloakbreaking to threat-assessment - and I was recently promoted to field agent. Oh, and I have a twin sister, 'Yannika'." 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, samurai-turtle said:

What the...that thing wasn't working alone. I only seen pictures of those robots. We call them "Walbers" or more like nicknamed that. They showed up on my new home world recently claiming it is now theirs.

"Where's your homeworld - your new one - and how long ago did they attack? I actually met one of these recently - They call themselves 'War Bots', and the one that I met claimed that they're sentient. Not sure if that's true - I didn't think to scan its internal composition, so I can't confirm if they're wired with Livecode or not." 

On 6/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, samurai-turtle said:

One day clearing this "new enemy's" minefield...I missed one and it eventually went off. It was some new type of mine, it turned my right leg into some type of crystal, it hit me in a few other spots but the leg took the blunt of the attack. The doctors couldn't do anything about the leg. They couldn't cut it off or anything else. I was in the hospital so long (and with fever dreams too). I started to pickup their medical procedures and got certified as a medic. But then the higher ups decided to resign me to some advance scout and then send me here (along with Miles). They told me it was to send a message to any potential enemies that even hurt we are still tough to beat. But I got to wonder if it was because they didn't want "hurt" people around. 

"Sadly, there's a lot of that going around - Corporations have been hiring wounded veterans of the War as a PR move, then sending them to work in the Nendaran scrap fields. Advanced cybernetics are a thing - it's just that most governments don't give a shit." 
Yelana sighed as she slipped the chopstick back into her hair, tucking a loose strand back behind her ear as she did. 
"If you don't mind, could I take a closer look at your leg? I've never encountered a weapon that can crystallise organic tissue like that. . . matter transmutation, probably. Do you know who set it?" 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Where's your homeworld - your new one - and how long ago did they attack? I actually met one of these recently - They call themselves 'War Bots', and the one that I met claimed that they're sentient. Not sure if that's true - I didn't think to scan its internal composition, so I can't confirm if they're wired with Livecode or not." 

"Sadly, there's a lot of that going around - Corporations have been hiring wounded veterans of the War as a PR move, then sending them to work in the Nendaran scrap fields. Advanced cybernetics are a thing - it's just that most governments don't give a shit." 
Yelana sighed as she slipped the chopstick back into her hair, tucking a loose strand back behind her ear as she did. 
"If you don't mind, could I take a closer look at your leg? I've never encountered a weapon that can crystallise organic tissue like that. . . matter transmutation, probably. Do you know who set it?" 

It is like the next quadrant over. Or if you think of an old clock, we are right now at 6 (or 12) o'clock, Exo Tar the sun (or Star) is at 3 (or 9) o'clock. (Either way it takes some time to get there.)  The home world Ne'xo Chi {Maine} is the fourth planet in the system. The order is Phineo'lo'us & Pharnphite those two are co-orbital planets. Then Thermantale the hottest planet in the system. Now Ne'xo Chi {Maine} the only habitable planet in the system. Then the three gas giants in the system, the smallest Plounitine is fifth in orbit. The sixth planet and the biggest Humantarie, and the last one Colonare the middle child of the gas giants. Plus their is a bunch of dwarf planets in the system I think they are still cataloging them. 

War Bots, yeah I think that is what they call themselves. They showed up a couple of sub cycles ago, probably like six to nine of them. And it wouldn't surprise me if we go war with them. It just seems like the old terrorist groups we had to deal with in the past. And I guess it gets the older folks angry, it is pretty obvious to with them readying their war machines. 

Livecode? Is that something like a spark for silicone based creature? 

If you want to. Some theories out their was some sort of techno-magic. Other crazier ones are, their are nano bots making the crystallizing  happen. I don't know witch one to believe. I just know that the smaller crystallizing was able to be taken out, they had to inject me with some regenerative stuff to stabilize me. 

If I had to guess, probably those War Bots. If half the stories are true about them. Then they are a lot more scary than they look. Fortunately I never had to deal with them. And I don't think I want talk about it anymore. 

Wait did you say you are a spy? Are you supposed to be telling people that? 

It is like the next quadrant over. Or if you think of an old clock, we are right now at 6 (or 12) o'clock, Exo Tar the sun (or Star) is at 3 (or 9) o'clock. (Either way it takes some time to get there.)  The home world Ne'xo Chi {Maine} is the fourth planet in the system. The order is Phineo'lo'us & Pharnphite those two are co-orbital planets. Then Thermantale the hottest planet in the system. Now Ne'xo Chi {Maine} the only habitable planet in the system. Then the three gas giants in the system, the smallest Plounitine is fifth in orbit. The sixth planet and the biggest Humantarie, and the last one Colonare the middle child of the gas giants. Plus their is a bunch of dwarf planets in the system I think they are still cataloging them. 

"Is Ne'xo Chi in the Marches? Some call it the 'Rumi Star Cluster', if that helps - It's a region of space located outside the Arm, and it sounds like what you're describing." 

Livecode? Is that something like a spark for silicone based creature? 

"What? No - It's the programming language used to code devices that connect to the Ætherspace, and, when the code's written a specific way, it can be used to give machines actual sentience. Have you really never heard of the Adamites?" 

If you want to. Some theories out their was some sort of techno-magic. Other crazier ones are, their are nano bots making the crystallizing  happen. I don't know witch one to believe. I just know that the smaller crystallizing was able to be taken out, they had to inject me with some regenerative stuff to stabilize me. 

Dropping to one knee in order to get a better scan of Polaris' leg, Yelana glanced up at the Chimeran. 
"You know, 'magic' is just catch-all term for tech and phenomena we don't completely understand - I haven't seen anything like this before. . . " 
Yelana trailed off, remembering her mission to Gnorra. 
". . . Yeah, this is really weird. I don't know. . . " 

If I had to guess, probably those War Bots. If half the stories are true about them. Then they are a lot more scary than they look. Fortunately I never had to deal with them. And I don't think I want talk about it anymore. 

Standing back up, Yelana adjusted the chopsticks in her hair. 
"I. . . hope I haven't been too intrusive - I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, and I'm sorry if I have." 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Is Ne'xo Chi in the Marches? Some call it the 'Rumi Star Cluster', if that helps - It's a region of space located outside the Arm, and it sounds like what you're describing." 

"What? No - It's the programming language used to code devices that connect to the Ætherspace, and, when the code's written a specific way, it can be used to give machines actual sentience. Have you really never heard of the Adamites?" 

Dropping to one knee in order to get a better scan of Polaris' leg, Yelana glanced up at the Chimeran. 
"You know, 'magic' is just catch-all term for tech and phenomena we don't completely understand - I haven't seen anything like this before. . . " 
Yelana trailed off, remembering her mission to Gnorra. 
". . . Yeah, this is really weird. I don't know. . . " 

"I. . . hope I haven't been too intrusive - I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, and I'm sorry if I have." 

I don't know, I would have look at a map. 

Adamites? They sound like some type of rock. 

This mine was probably spouse to complete turn me in to crystal, but I guess I got lucky. 

I am just getting tired... 

I don't know, I would have look at a map. 

Adamites? They sound like some type of rock. 

This mine was probably spouse to complete turn me in to crystal, but I guess I got lucky. 

I am just getting tired... 

"The hall apparently has rooms available if you need to lie down for a little bit. It sounds like you've had quite the journey as is. I'm sure MILES could probably find a plug or something like that."

"The hall apparently has rooms available if you need to lie down for a little bit. It sounds like you've had quite the journey as is. I'm sure MILES could probably find a plug or something like that."

I might take advantage of it a little later. I sure it is travel fatigue and the "action" I had earlier. 

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"I. . . hope I haven't been too intrusive - I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, and I'm sorry if I have.

Oh miss spy, if you want to talk about those "War Bots" some more you should talk to M.I.L.E.S. He can relay any "stories" of them you have to my government. I am sure someone form the intelligent branch will be interested.