Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

~This topic is meant for in-character talk only. For other topics related to the game, see the Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Index.~

51189286779_73aec7f991_o.png

~Providing a shining light of heroism across the galaxy.~

HEROICA HALL

51228847505_043e91306b_z.jpg

As you walk into the refurbished hotel, a sense of nostalgia and grandeur washes over you. This is Heroica Hall, the newly established adventuring guild's headquarters. Find a seat at the bar or an open table and enjoy the company of your fellow heroes or feel free to retire to one of the free rooms available to members. Don't forget to signup for available missions.

THE MISSIONBOARD
51228847325_c1d2f79243_w.jpg

OPEN MISSIONS (You may apply for as many as you like, but you may only participate in one mission at a time. Please bold your sign-up in your post.)

*There are currently no open missions at this time*

CLOSED MISSIONS

*There are currently no active missions at this time*

THORVALD'S TAPROOM

51228542279_e81813dc95_w.jpg

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Hmmph. Take a seat I guess, there's menus somewhere around here... we don't have any specials yet. The chef is still pretty new and the cook-tron is still on the fritz... darned Æethertech, why anyone needs a smart toaster is beyond me. Oh the tab is apparently covered by the patron, just try not abusin' it. If you need anything, I'm Thorvald. I'm sure there's a plenty of gossip going round about me, so to level the field here's a few juicy tidbits I picked up in return."

~ Ebria Station's a big place. Keep your nose clean and take care if you're wandering in the Rat's Nest, word is there's a cult starting up in those parts.
~ Yeah, we Chimerans are still getting used to our independence, but there's still folks out there who ain't happy about that though, think we're some sort of cosmic mistake and need to be devolved or somethin' like that.
~ Someone said there's a plague ship in a holding pattern outside the station waiting to dock, hope someone takes care of it soon.
~ If you need the login info for the ÆetherSpace terminal let me know. The network’s been a bit spotty, might need to submit a service report to IRIS.
~If the dock workers are to be believed, an elven ship just made port in Ebria flying Ark Victoire’s colours. One hasn't been seen here since the Five Years War.
~Mr. Grumble's informed me we have a guest staying in the penthouse suite. He specifically requested that room and paid with a briefcase full of physical credits. He seems like a weird fellow, but if he's paid what harm could come from it?

HERO RECRUITMENT

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (played by Peppermint_M)
22 Cycles Old, Female? Adopted Human
Joined Heroica June 14, 2021
Completed Mission #3 Successfully on July 30, 2021
Completed Mission #5 Successfully on December 1, 2021
Completed Mission #10 Successfully on September 16, 2022

51629952876_053c7397d5_t.jpg B3R5 - 3rk (Bers) (played by Dutch Thriceman)
Unknown age, Mechanical Adamite
Joined Heroica June 21, 2021
Completed Mission #4 Successfully on October 20, 2021
Completed Mission #8 Unsuccessfully on September 2, 2022

51892081021_146c2c7755_t.jpg Billeck Wallard (played by Wolfpackfan99)
26 year old male Human
Joined Heroica February 18, 2022

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (played by Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Joined Heroica August 15, 2021
Completed Mission #9 Successfully on April 22, 2022

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (played by Lord Duvors)
60 Cycles old Male Quo’ri
Joined Heroica June 5, 2021

51239752472_33cc55f83d_o.jpg Felix Mao (played by Khorne)
37 Cycles Old Male Chimeran
Joined Heroica June 11, 2021
Completed Mission #2 Successfully on August 26, 2021

51917865486_08d7c5843b_q.jpg Jonk (played by Scubacarrot)
30 Something Cycles old Male Celestial
Joined Heroica March 4, 2022

hIJnvcns.jpg Kirwin (played by karmajay)
Unknown Age, Adamite
Joined Heroica July 11, 2021

Completed Mission #7 Successfully on March 29, 2022

1340555818_Heroica2.png.af8199e345ea7c34257ea18ab20b6688.png Maximilian Vetre (played by Alix)
44 cycles old Male Elf
Joined Heroica August 29, 2021
Completed Mission #6 Successfully on December 17, 2021

51313574008_4f02c70724_o.jpg Merei Teo (played by Zepher)
24 Cycles old Female Helioi-Touched Celestial (Born Menahi)
Joined Heroica July 15, 2021

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (played by samurai-turtle) 
15 cycle old female "Chimeran"
Joined Heroica June 6, 2021

FRa4548.jpegRonin (played by Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Joined Heroica July 25, 2021

Completed Mission #9 Successfully on April 22, 2022

189444369_933832327392718_3084432536823807458_n.jpg Soren Aeolus (played by Legonater)
32 Cycles old Male Human
Completed Mission #1 Successfully on September 28, 2021

51233820556_180a0dba60_t.jpg Valesia (played by Waterbrick Down)
110 Cycles old Female Cladrasith
Joined Heroica June 8, 2021

Varen_Avatar.png  Varen Nastayo (played by KOTZ)
26 Cycles old Male Human

image.png.d94385591287615c0e37a071d086a824.png Yelana Fennix (played by Classic_Spaceman)
?? Cycles old Female Human

51312754253_a894488f4d_t.jpg Yissam♥ (played by CMP)
141 Cycles old feminine Stratitarian
Joined Heroica July 14, 2021

Zaria_Sleeveless_Icon.png Zaria Karana (played by Kintober)
226 Cycles old Female Elf

Walking towards the threshold of Heroica Hall's front doors, Zaria Karana took a moment to step over to the grass, take off one of her boots whilst deftly balancing on one foot, and give the sole a few heavy smacks. From out of her boot, a trail of sand sprinkled out of it and onto the grass.

Zaria_Sleeveless_Icon.png
"How is there still sand in my boot... you travelled a long way to get here, sand, but now, out with you!"

After the last of the sand trickled onto the lawn, Zaria placed her boot back on her foot and made her way towards the front doors and opened them, taking in the grandeur of the hotel-turned-guild hall. Taking her first steps inside the building, Zaria's foot caught the edge of the heavy welcome mat, nearly sending her face first into the floor. After a brief hop, skip, and jump to steady her balance, the panicked elf composed herself. She waited momentarily to see if staff would arrive, but upon waiting in the empty entrance hall for a few seconds, she moved back to the mat and put it back to it's original position with her foot.

Zaria made her way towards the sound of clinking glass and low chatter as she made her way to the lounge, taking in the elevated space and decor with a large smile. She placed her heavy looking bag down with ease and took a seat at a bench, resting her sheathed sword against the table. Finishing the last of the water in her travel bottle, she took in a deep breath and relaxed.

"One journey ends, and another begins."

51159194003_e4e4293187_o.png

Zaria Karana Joins Heroica!

Enson leaned back in his chair slightly, letting the warmth from his cup of tea seep into his hands.  He was sitting in the green armchair on the upper landing, his favorite seat partly due to the proximity of the large window nearby and partly due to the convenient table nearby.  He was gazing across the room lost in thought - though about what even he couldn't say.  All in all, he seemed a perfect model of contentment.

The doors of the hall had barely closed before they were opening again to a newcomer cloaked in a dark jacket. The human glanced around as he strode in, taking stock of the small collection of individuals inside but addressing none of them. Instead, he spotted the taproom and quickly made it his destination. As he approached, the man gave a quick wave to the Chimeran behind the counter before taking a seat. 

196397421_161870989245292_7460825255850126891_n.jpg

I'm new here, my name is Soren - Soren Aeolus, I don't know if you have me on file or anything, I don't think I was asked to file any paperwork - what do you have here to drink? 

56 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I'm new here, my name is Soren - Soren Aeolus, I don't know if you have me on file or anything, I don't think I was asked to file any paperwork - what do you have here to drink? 

The Chimeran gives Soren a bemused look.

"Sorry bub, paperwork is Ms. Kreri's department. I'm just paid to sling booze and the word on the street. Now as for drinks, I've got your standards: Makhian Mezcal, Pluravvian Pinot, Riqon Rye. There's a cask of Dwarven ale, somewhere around here. Crimson Chai leaves from the dark jungles of Phejhar brew a pretty strong cup of tea. There's always the vendo-tron near the training center if you're one of those types who likes it bottled. Let me know if you want something mixed or want to put in a food order."

49 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sorry bub, paperwork is Ms. Kreri's department. I'm just paid to sling booze and the word on the street. Now as for drinks, I've got your standards: Makhian Mezcal, Pluravvian Pinot, Riqon Rye. There's a cask of Dwarven ale, somewhere around here. Crimson Chai leaves from the dark jungles of Phejhar brew a pretty strong cup of tea. There's always the vendo-tron near the training center if you're one of those types who likes it bottled. Let me know if you want something mixed or want to put in a food order."

Soren haphazardly pulls out a tablet and writes 'Ms. Kreri' into it, before returning to the conversation.

Uh, give me a Riqon Rye, on the rocks. 

"Hey, hey , hey," Varen said, a little too loudly as he entered the old hotel. "Damn, what a place this is."

He walked up to the bar. "I hear you give free drinks to everyone in the organization. Well, I joined, and I'm ready to get lit!" There was a cracking sound. "Oh shit!" Varen slipped from his chair, finding it had broke. "Look, I'm not fat, I don't eat that much, it couldn't have been me!"

"Well, anyway, I claim this as my seat, and when I fix it it is definitely mine. Does anyone need a lawyer? If no to that,, I can help you get your career on track, get you where you wanna go. All I ask for is 10%."
VAREN NASTAYO JOINS HEROICA

Edited by KotZ

Yelana sat back, occasionally finding it easier to think when her visor was deactivated - Ever since she had downloaded Ornithun Chop, at least. As an alert chime in her ear startled her more than it should have, Yelana realised that she was getting a bit sleepy. Yawning, she stood up and placed her finger on her temple - An orange visor materialised in an instant. 
"Secc'a Xi'adat - Oh, just notifications. I forgot I had them enabled." 
Yelana walked across the Hall to the bar, giving the clumsy Elf a smirk as she did, before addressing the bartender. 
"Hi, 'Thorvald', was it? I'd like a cup of Crimson Chai - large - with a splash of cream and a few. . . I'm blanking on the name, it's those little glowing pink crystals from Phejhar, you know, the traditional sweetener? And a croissant - Actually, make it two, it'll save you a trip!" 
Yelana looked over to the Missionboard, then glanced briefly back at Thorvald. 
"By the way, do you know where I can find good pizza around here? Most places just serve the thick kind, or. . . uulrp. . . that pizza-lasagna hybrid shit. Ew." 

Zaria turns her attention away from her thoughts to hear the sound of cracking wood and a person tumble to the floor as a bar stool broke.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"Well, anyway, I claim this as my seat, and when I fix it it is definitely mine. Does anyone need a lawyer? If no to that,, I can help you get your career on track, get you where you wanna go. All I ask for is 10%."

"Interesting. What precisely would a lawyer be doing here, if you don't mind me asking? This doesn't seem like the kind of place that one would practice law." Zaria was about ready to help the man get back on his feet, but waited to see if he needed any assistance. As she did so, she noticed the ginger haired woman pass her and smirk. She gave her a confident wave in return.

2 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren haphazardly pulls out a tablet and writes 'Ms. Kreri' into it, before returning to the conversation.

Uh, give me a Riqon Rye, on the rocks. 

"Sure thing.." Thorvald pours the drink and slides it over. The Chimeran shifts a stack of napkins over on a back shelf revealing a dark amber bottle. "Let me know if you're ever interested in something on the exotic side."

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Hey, hey , hey," Varen said, a little too loudly as he entered the old hotel. "Damn, what a place this is."

He walked up to the bar. "I hear you give free drinks to everyone in the organization. Well, I joined, and I'm ready to get lit!" There was a cracking sound. "Oh shit!" Varen slipped from his chair, finding it had broke. "Look, I'm not fat, I don't eat that much, it couldn't have been me!"

VAREN NASTAYO JOINS HEROICA

"And free boxes to the ears to those who abuse the system..." The Chimeran chuckles as Varen loses his chair. "Don't worry about the chair, I'll have Rachel add it to her list. If you're looking for work, there's a few assignments on the Mission Board next to the bar."

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana walked across the Hall to the bar, giving the clumsy Elf a smirk as she did, before addressing the bartender. 
"Hi, 'Thorvald', was it? I'd like a cup of Crimson Chai - large - with a splash of cream and a few. . . I'm blanking on the name, it's those little glowing pink crystals from Phejhar, you know, the traditional sweetener? And a croissant - Actually, make it two, it'll save you a trip!" 
Yelana looked over to the Missionboard, then glanced briefly back at Thorvald. 
"By the way, do you know where I can find good pizza around here? Most places just serve the thick kind, or. . . uulrp. . . that pizza-lasagna hybrid shit. Ew." 

"Poojat sugar? Sure thing." Thorvald puts a kettle on. "Well, there's a good Dwarven place in Little Aluriel called, Ozzorli's, they make theirs nice and thin. Some might call it a bit of a greasy spoon, but if it ain't got a little grease is it really good cookin'?"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Poojat sugar? Sure thing." Thorvald puts a kettle on.

"Yes - That! Thank you." 

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Well, there's a good Dwarven place in Little Aluriel called, Ozzorli's, they make theirs nice and thin. Some might call it a bit of a greasy spoon, but if it ain't got a little grease is it really good cookin'?"

"Sounds good - Hole-in-the-wall pizzerias are the only way to go! Now I just have to find Little Aluriel. . . this station is a godsdamn maze." 

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

As she did so, she noticed the ginger haired woman pass her and smirk. She gave her a confident wave in return.

Yelana leaned against the bar as she waited for her tea, before reaching her hand out to the Elf across from her. 
"Hi - I'm Yelana Fennix." 

55 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sure thing.." Thorvald pours the drink and slides it over. The Chimeran shifts a stack of napkins over on a back shelf revealing a dark amber bottle. "Let me know if you're ever interested in something on the exotic side."

'Preciate it. I'll keep that in mind.

Taking his drink, Soren glanced around sourly at the sudden chaos that seemed to have erupted around him. Between the broken stools and the loud customers, this was hardly the bit of respite he had been searching for.

Are things always so loud around here? He asked to no one in particular.

29 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Sounds good - Hole-in-the-wall pizzerias are the only way to go! Now I just have to find Little Aluriel. . . this station is a godsdamn maze." 

"Just feel for the heat. Where there's heat, there's Dwarves either meltin' or cookin' something. Otherwise try just North of here further along the Old Quarter."

9 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Just feel for the heat. Where there's heat, there's Dwarves either meltin' or cookin' something. Otherwise try just North of here further along the Old Quarter."

"Thanks!" 

48 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana leaned against the bar as she waited for her tea, before reaching her hand out to the Elf across from her. 

"Hi - I'm Yelana Fennix."

Zaria stood up from her table and walked towards the bar, shaking Yelana's hand firmly.

"I'm Zaria Karana. A pleasure to meet you, Yelana." She continued to stand while speaking to her new acquaintance. "I'm curious, are you new here as well? I just arrived and I heard a lot about this place, even as far away as the West Marches. It took most of my savings to come here, but the road called, and I usually answer when it does."

18 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

'Taking his drink, Soren glanced around sourly at the sudden chaos that seemed to have erupted around him. Between the broken stools and the loud customers, this was hardly the bit of respite he had been searching for.

Are things always so loud around here? He asked to no one in particular.

Zaria wasn't sure whether or not to respond to the question, seeing as how she just arrived herself and couldn't really comment, but she did take a moment to observe whether or not the hall was loud or not. It didn't seem loud to her, but then again she was more used to the noise of open air markets and the revelry involved in solstice celebrations.

17 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria stood up from her table and walked towards the bar, shaking Yelana's hand firmly.

"I'm Zaria Karana. A pleasure to meet you, Yelana." She continued to stand while speaking to her new acquaintance.

"Nice to meet you, too!" 

18 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I'm curious, are you new here as well?"

"Relatively - I just got back from my first mission less than a week ago. My first mission for Heroica, I should say." 

19 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I just arrived and I heard a lot about this place, even as far away as the West Marches. It took most of my savings to come here, but the road called, and I usually answer when it does."

"So you're from Kharza' Fal, then? I thought I recognised that armour. I'm somewhat familiar with the region, but I've never actually been there. And you said 'The West Marches'? From what I've heard, the inhabitants call that sector the 'Rumi Star Cluster' - Is that true?" 

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"And free boxes to the ears to those who abuse the system..." The Chimeran chuckles as Varen loses his chair. "Don't worry about the chair, I'll have Rachel add it to her list. If you're looking for work, there's a few assignments on the Mission Board next to the bar."

"Don't bother her Thorvald," Enson called from the upper gallery, raising two arms while setting his tea aside, "I'll see to it."
Rising from his seat he quietly hustled through a door on the upper landing, disappearing for a few moments before returning with a new stool.  Making his way down the steps he carried the replacement over to the bar and set it down, gathering up the pieces of its predecessor.  Giving a slight nod to the newcomers he said; "Please be careful with the chairs, they are very cheap and aren't built for rough treatment."

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Enson coughed into his hand.  "Little Alluriel is off the Platinum Way, left-hand side going from the Bazaar.  You'll know it by the White Knight Building - they have their headquarters there.  Now if you'll all excuse me," he held up the broken barstool, "I have to deal with this."  And, with a polite bow, he turned and left.

Spoiler

I'm sorry to contradict WBD, but I did establish the location of White Knight pretty explicitly when I wrote them.:sceptic:

9 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Enson coughed into his hand.  "Little Alluriel is off the Platinum Way, left-hand side going from the Bazaar.  You'll know it by the White Knight Building - they have their headquarters there."

"Ah, got it. Thanks." 
Yelana looked over the bar at Soren. 
"That's Enson; when he gets back, you should ask him about the noise issue - He's been here longer than I have, so he should know." 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

"Don't bother her Thorvald," Enson called from the upper gallery, raising two arms while setting his tea aside, "I'll see to it."
Rising from his seat he quietly hustled through a door on the upper landing, disappearing for a few moments before returning with a new stool.  Making his way down the steps he carried the replacement over to the bar and set it down, gathering up the pieces of its predecessor.  Giving a slight nod to the newcomers he said; "Please be careful with the chairs, they are very cheap and aren't built for rough treatment."

Enson coughed into his hand.  "Little Alluriel is off the Platinum Way, left-hand side going from the Bazaar.  You'll know it by the White Knight Building - they have their headquarters there.  Now if you'll all excuse me," he held up the broken barstool, "I have to deal with this."  And, with a polite bow, he turned and left.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry to contradict WBD, but I did establish the location of White Knight pretty explicitly when I wrote them.:sceptic:

"Uh... yeah, the Quori's right, I must of been thinkin' about somewhere else. I'm relatively new to the Station myself, only been here a year or so."

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana looked over the bar at Soren. 
"That's Enson; when he gets back, you should ask him about the noise issue - He's been here longer than I have, so he should know." 

Soren cast a surprised glance at the armoured woman. That was rhetor- ...nevermind. 

Glancing up from his drink, Soren looked over to the Mission Board that Thorvald had mentioned. Sure enough, it seemed three quest offers were pinned to the board. That's what he was here for. He grabbed a drink and shuffled past the conversation, looking at the missions in more detail. 150 potential credits? Soren let out a low whistle. That's the kind of cash he was looking for. With the digital stylus, Soren signed up for Mission 1Satisfied for the moment, Soren returned to the bar counter and leaned against it as he watched the others talk.

Edited by The Legonater
Misspelled my own damn name, whoops

12 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria turns her attention away from her thoughts to hear the sound of cracking wood and a person tumble to the floor as a bar stool broke.

"Interesting. What precisely would a lawyer be doing here, if you don't mind me asking? This doesn't seem like the kind of place that one would practice law." Zaria was about ready to help the man get back on his feet, but waited to see if he needed any assistance. As she did so, she noticed the ginger haired woman pass her and smirk. She gave her a confident wave in return.

"Well, my firm went under a few months ago, so I figured why not try this mer thing out? Can't be that difficult. At my firm we had a few fixers. I dipped my toes in on occaision, but nothing big."

Varen stood up by himself. "No worries about me."

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Relatively - I just got back from my first mission less than a week ago. My first mission for Heroica, I should say." 

"So you're from Kharza' Fal, then? I thought I recognised that armour. I'm somewhat familiar with the region, but I've never actually been there. And you said 'The West Marches'? From what I've heard, the inhabitants call that sector the 'Rumi Star Cluster' - Is that true?"

Zaria shook her head. "Not where I am from. While I imagine if you were to refer to the region as the Rumi Star Cluster everyone in Kharza' Fal would recognize what you meant, everyone refers to it as the West Marches." Zaria responds. "And you do not know if I came from Kharza' Fal or not. I might have bought this armour in a market not knowing where it came from."

31 minutes ago, KotZ said:

"Well, my firm went under a few months ago, so I figured why not try this mer thing out? Can't be that difficult. At my firm we had a few fixers. I dipped my toes in on occaision, but nothing big."

Varen stood up by himself. "No worries about me."

"Ah, I see." Zaria stated, watching the man stand up on his own. She knew with the way she exercised, she could probably pull him up with one hand, but if he did not want help, so be it. Besides, she was too busy thinking on the concept of a "fixer". Lawyers were something she had heard of, but had honestly never met. "I will be frank, this is my first time getting involved in this kind of work. I spent my childhood growing up in an abbey where the monks dedicated their lives to the worship of Varuth, the God of travel. It was peaceful, but certainly not dull. We had a number of eccentric individuals grace the walls of the abbey during their own travels. Some stayed a few days, others stayed for years." Zaria smiled fondly in nostalgia, remembering the small orchard within the walls of the abbey and sweetness of the fruit that grew within on warm summer days, planted long before her birth.

Enson was in a pickle.  Somehow every trash receptacle he could find was too small, and he didn't just want to throw the broken stool down the garbage chute, what with it being clogged and all.  He took a brief moment to wonder how the garbage chute had gotten stopped up.  Surely a building with so few occupants couldn't generate that much trash, could it?  Or had this been a thing for a while now and he'd just not heard about it?  In any case this musing didn't really help solve the problem of what to do with his burden.  Was there a dumpster out back?  He couldn't quite remember.  Rachel would know though.  With a brief sigh of "And I was trying to save her trouble." he wandered off down to the lower levels in search of her.

Enson signs up for Mission 3, Rat Catchers.

Zaria took a moment to turn her attention to the mission board. Eyeing her option, she put her name down for Mission 1 and Mission 2, despite having little experience in stealth or in aetherdiving. Still, experiences were experiences, and she was intrigued at the possibilities of either. She'd never really took much interest in aetherdiving and was curious what the aetherspace looked like.

Varen moseys over to the mission board, seeing what jobs were available. "Oh? Detective work? Well that seems to be right up my alley." Varen signs up for Mission #2