Sign in to follow this  
Sarophas

[MOC] The Golden Mane Tavern

Some recent builds really inspired me to build a tavern/inn of my own. The cross section is partly to show the interior and partly due to a lack of bricks :laugh: I'm not entirely happy with the base/exterior of the basement, but decided to leave it and focus on other parts of the building.

This is the Golden Mane Inn! "A respectable establishment in the center of town, serving only fine ladies and gentlemen" - so the bouncer claims until he is handed a coin. What happens inside might be a whole other story. I hope you'll enjoy the build :sweet: Link to full album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmVJPjFr

Moc4-1

Front/side view.

Moc4-8

Back view.

Great build.  The detailing in the wood work is great with the tile log pieces.  The roof is nicely designed and the arches are a nice detail.  The stone at the lower level looks good.  The vines give a nice pop of color.  The monkey stealing the cookies is funny.  The basement is where they fight? I'm assuming.  Nice job.  

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Great build.  The detailing in the wood work is great with the tile log pieces.  The roof is nicely designed and the arches are a nice detail.  The stone at the lower level looks good.  The vines give a nice pop of color.  The monkey stealing the cookies is funny.  The basement is where they fight? I'm assuming.  Nice job.  

Thanks a lot :sweet: You are correct, the basement interior is alright, given that the minifigs are what matters in that scene. I just think it looks quite bland/boring from the outside. I tried hiding it with the vines/bat/water coming/hanging from the street level but it's still an eyesore to me :shrug_oh_well:

54 minutes ago, derEselausErgste said:

Just awesome...!!!

Nice details, inside and outside - and lots of action on a quite small base...
The woodwork loocks very authentic!

Thank you very much :sweet: I never intended for the building to get this big, but the bricks wanted me to continue :wink: I used a lot of reference pictures of German timber framed houses for this build, we don't have nearly as many surviving ones up here in Denmark and the German ones are usually much more beautiful/ornate.

Interesting build, I like the facade is vibrant and colorful to contrast against the black-brown combination.
The funny part is on the underground basement, nice details on there. :grin:

Very nice work!  Nice clean lines, great detail!  Are the second story doors meant to be for loading cargo?  If so, is there a removable winch that hangs overhead?  Loving the hilarious interior.  I appreciate it when builds have interiors and especially when there's some humor!

8 hours ago, Niku said:

Interesting build, I like the facade is vibrant and colorful to contrast against the black-brown combination.
The funny part is on the underground basement, nice details on there. :grin:

Thank you very much :sweet: The basement was the main idea that, besides it being a tavern of course, glad you like it :wink:

4 hours ago, Grover said:

Very nice work!  Nice clean lines, great detail!  Are the second story doors meant to be for loading cargo?  If so, is there a removable winch that hangs overhead?  Loving the hilarious interior.  I appreciate it when builds have interiors and especially when there's some humor!

Thank you very much :sweet: Yes they are, it is meant to look like there is although I didn't actually build it. Really glad you like it, I wanted the interior to be very lively and goofy :grin:

Wow! This is great! 
Beautiful design. Very unique, and still very cohesive in style. I love the addition of the four-leaf clover. The timber structure looks solid, and the interior is well though of. I'm glad you added a torture chamber in the basement. Personally, I believe ALL medieval structures had secret torture chambers underneath them. Including the vegetation is great as it gives some spots of color to break the brown-tan pattern.
The only suggestion I'd give is to put the doors (and windows and hinges) inside the structure, instead of the outside. But that's just me. 
Cheers! Awesome work, mate.

5 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Wow! This is great! 
Beautiful design. Very unique, and still very cohesive in style. I love the addition of the four-leaf clover. The timber structure looks solid, and the interior is well though of. I'm glad you added a torture chamber in the basement. Personally, I believe ALL medieval structures had secret torture chambers underneath them. Including the vegetation is great as it gives some spots of color to break the brown-tan pattern.
The only suggestion I'd give is to put the doors (and windows and hinges) inside the structure, instead of the outside. But that's just me. 
Cheers! Awesome work, mate.

Thanks a lot :sweet: I like how you see it as a torture chamber, I guess the guy getting his 'behind' kicked would agree :laugh: I absolutely agree on the hinge-point, they can both be attributed to bad planning.. which -by now, I consider to be my signature move :hmpf: Glad you like it though!