evancelt

[COR-FB] Mushroom Grow House, Wullham

The evening after her dinner of wild mushroom soup prepared by Treewa, Elsabeth Stockton couldn't stop thinking about the delicious meal. Over the next few weeks, she had Treewa prepare the dish four more times. On the fifth occasion, she made a proposal to Treewa: Would he help her run a mushroom grow house here in Wullham?

She was a gentlewoman and not one to fantasize about entrepreneurial endeavors, but she knew a good opportunity when she tasted it. She had plenty of funds, and no task to occupy her time. When Treewa agreed to be her business partner, she had him source some good starting fungi and contracted masons from town to construct a low mushroom grow house adjacent to a small pond. She and Treewa figured they would need the water to keep the sheep manure they'd be growing the mushrooms in damp.

Elsabeth remembered that Captain Brickleton was not a fan of "earthen" smells, and made sure the location was downwind of the Mayor's House.

mushroom-house-1.jpg

Once operational, the cooks at Fort Stockton would regularly send soldiers on kitchen duty down to the grow house to fetch fresh mushrooms to feed the garrison.

mushroom-house-2.jpg

Licensed as a medium plantation in Wullham

Spoiler

Just wanted to try out a new masonry technique :pir-blush:

Edited by evancelt

Great technology when building the wall. I like the house by the pond.

Even after 15 minutes of looking at the photos, I only partially understood how the wall was built. Very good puzzle, it's fun figuring out how it was built.

19 hours ago, NOD said:

Even after 15 minutes of looking at the photos, I only partially understood how the wall was built. Very good puzzle, it's fun figuring out how it was built.

Haha yeah it took sleeping on the idea for a night to figure out how to connect all the pieces (door, walls, roof, etc). The key was a solid core on the inside to help pin the sides together

Very interesting masonry technique and I will have to examine it closer to figure out exactly how it works (looks like SNOT 1x2 'log' bricks at first glace? The idea of a mushroom grow house is intriguing and I am pretty sure is a first for BoBS. It's great to see Wullham continue to develop and I like the similarities/ties to Elizabethville. 

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

looks like SNOT 1x2 'log' bricks at first glace?

Yes indeed - log profile bricks with 1x2 plates between them!

36 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Yes indeed - log profile bricks with 1x2 plates between them!

I like the effect.... I have bulk 1x2s in brown, I wonder what it would look like as ‘wood’. I may have to try...! 

1 minute ago, Ayrlego said:

I like the effect.... I have bulk 1x2s in brown, I wonder what it would look like as ‘wood’. I may have to try...! 

To the left of the door is a smaller SNOT section with only 1 log profile per vertical row - I think it might work to do that to add some wooden texture without being as intense as a whole wall of it! Excited to see what you come up with if you try it

Like the others have said: that is an interesting wall technique. It gives a very unique texture to the walls. I also really like the landscaping. Very clean and polished.

I too eyed the technique for a while before figuring it out - very cleverly done! (Although I can only imagine how complicated it must be to make structurally sound!)

One thing I wonder, though. It seems like there are very specific rank requirements to be fetching mushrooms! :pir-grin:

Excellent build all around.

Excellent wall technique! And you are definitely keep improving on these snot bases (that or I just really love olive green. Or both :pir-grin: )!!!

What a neat wall technique!  The texture it gives is great.  I wonder how it would look in wood colors--white is definitely really cool!

On 5/24/2021 at 2:06 AM, Khorne said:

Like the others have said: that is an interesting wall technique. It gives a very unique texture to the walls. I also really like the landscaping. Very clean and polished.

Thanks!

On 5/24/2021 at 2:38 AM, Bregir said:

I too eyed the technique for a while before figuring it out - very cleverly done! (Although I can only imagine how complicated it must be to make structurally sound!)

One thing I wonder, though. It seems like there are very specific rank requirements to be fetching mushrooms! :pir-grin:

Excellent build all around.

Haha I'll update the store re: LCorps

On 5/24/2021 at 6:15 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent wall technique! And you are definitely keep improving on these snot bases (that or I just really love olive green. Or both :pir-grin: )!!!

Thanks - yeah olive green rocks! Have some more OG plates in the mail, then will try some larger OG bases.

20 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

What a neat wall technique!  The texture it gives is great.  I wonder how it would look in wood colors--white is definitely really cool!

Thanks! I think it'd be fun to try out a similar technique with the log profile bricks intermixed with masonry profile bricks (also on their side). The masonry bricks would help add some diversity