Supersick_

[WIP] “L’Anubis” - 3rd Rate Ship of the Line

Yes, I’m definitely making instructions for Anubis.

Thanks so much to everyone for the encouragement. I’m making progress, work has just been busy for a bit!

2 hours ago, Dashiell brown said:

Can you fit a minifig below decks of they have the short legs on? 

I’m reworking the design so the deck heights are a little easier for minifigs. Annoyingly this is taking a bit of effort but in the end the result will be worth it. 

On 10/22/2021 at 5:58 PM, nimitstexan said:

How goes the Annubis?

She's going, but very slowly. Work has been very busy and I just haven't had the energy to resolve all the things I'm trying to do yet. 

In short, I want to give her a bit more space so she's going to grow a bit in scale. Will have more time to dedicate after first week of Nov. I would like to complete her in time for the holidays (building season)!

9 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

She's going, but very slowly. Work has been very busy and I just haven't had the energy to resolve all the things I'm trying to do yet. 

In short, I want to give her a bit more space so she's going to grow a bit in scale. Will have more time to dedicate after first week of Nov. I would like to complete her in time for the holidays (building season)!

Still intending to keep her in relative scale to the Fer Maiden and the Barracuda Brig?

4 hours ago, nimitstexan said:

Still intending to keep her in relative scale to the Fer Maiden and the Barracuda Brig?

Yes, just going to be a plate here and a few studs there but requires some redoing of structures.

Supersick_,

I hope that this message finds you well! Might I kindly beg your indulgence of an update on this spectacular project?  I am, and I am sure others are as well, most desirous of building this ship!

Thank you for a moment of your time!

Cheers,

Anubis1Anpu

Edited by Anubis1Anpu
typographical

Aye, I've made progress on her. Work has been killer so I've been behind schedule... I'll be finishing soon. Hopefully she will launch in April, May at the latest. 

I'm really happy with the updates - the size has increased slightly to make things both stronger as well as play better. I think I will finish her as a waterline model first and then develop the full hull afterwards.

Thanks for the motivation, it won't be long now...

Hello,

First of all, let me tell you that this ship of the line looks gorgeous. Are you planning to finally finish the model and make instructions? I am quite newbie but I always wanted to have a ship of the line as good looking as this one. Thanks in advance.

Edited by thunderfyg

Check in: yes, she is definitely getting finished/updated and will have instructions.

This year has just been busier than expected at work and I haven’t had the time to focus on Anubis as is needed. 

Apologies for the delays, I know a lot of you are patiently waiting for her to be launched. She’s coming, and I (albeit a little biased) think the update will be worth the wait. 

Cheers!

No apologies at all, thanks a lot for all your work and help and looking forward for the instructions!

Edited by thunderfyg

Hello @Supersick_
I wish you a happy, healthy and successful new year.

Although I still havent't quite finished building the Fer Maiden,
sails and crew are still missing, I would like to ask if Anubis has made any progress?

Maybe a few nice new pictures have been taken that you would like to share to increase
our impatience even more. :-)

Take care
Timo

Update:

I know most of you wish this was a completed L'Anubis, but I assure you we are very close.

I took her down to the joists and redid her to a larger scale. I think this is the best for playability as well as accuracy. Rebuilding her with Supernaut's hull technique shouldn't take much time since most of her internals will carry-over... but instructions will probably push this out for a couple weeks.

1280x665.png

1280x665.png

I realize more bricks gets expensive but I'm minimizing costs as much as I can with respect to color and brick choices (going off Bricklink costs). I may include a "color coded" model of L'Anubis so that you can see if you have/find cheaper internal structural components. 

Life/work balance has been a struggle for a few busy years and unfortunately my MOCs are affected by that. I appreciate all the interest and it really motivates me to finish her.

Yay, there's progress! :-)

Thanks for the update and
the pictures!

Is there a chance that the upper gun deck
is also getting flaps for the gunports?

Thanks and keep up your awesome work,
I really appreciate it.

Take care

Timo

Edited by TimoFunk

On 3/2/2023 at 1:13 AM, TimoFunk said:

Yay, there's progress! :-)

Thanks for the update and
the pictures!

Is there a chance that the upper gun deck
is also getting flaps for the gunports?

Thanks and keep up your awesome work,
I really appreciate it.

Take care

Timo

Timo, I'll definitely build her in a way that you can add them haha! I'm leaving them off the upper deck because most reference I have seen for the Temeraire-class ships they are not there; only the lower deck ports have covers. 

Hello @Supersick_ ,
You're right. I've just had a look myself.
No covers visible on the upper gun deck.
So far I thought that the gun ports had always 
flaps on ships of this size.
Luckily you're never too old to learn something :-) 

Thanks a lot.
Take care

Timo