icm

Bible stories wishlist topic

7 hours ago, Lego David said:

In my opinion, Goliath might be better fit for a Brick-built figure instead of a Bigfig. That might make the set a bit lacking in terms of set builds. If you go that route, you could have the main build of the set be a brick-built Goliath, plus a few extra side builds. 

As for how exactly Goliath would be built, I'd imagine him being made either in the style of Ant-Man/Eris, or perhaps in a similar style to the Knight's Kingdom figures. 

Lego Ant-man rises | Cool lego creations, Cool lego, Amazing lego creations

Lego Year 2006 Knights Kingdom Series Knight Figure Set # 8705 - Rogue –  JNL Trading

Maybe this might result in Goliath being a bit too oversized compared to his Biblical description (he was described as being around 3 meters tall) but I mean, this is LEGO we're talking about here. 

Well, the Bible does describe Goliath as being many cubits higher than a man, which would be around 12 to 14 feet, and we have dredged up 15-foot tall human skeletons in the Middle East. Here is a revised version based off of your idea:

87796 - David vs. Goliath - $29.99 - Around 340 pieces - 2 Figs (David and Philistine Soldier), 1 brick-built Goliath, 2 small tents, 1 weapons rack

Does that sound better?

6 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

@pancakecrocodile, I think I worked it out with the table of measurements in my Bible, Goliath worked out to 9 feet, I think. Also, I would love Bible sets.

Same here; I just did the measurements as well; thanks for catching that! But we really have found giant 15-foot tall skeletons in the Middle East! Goliath did have 4 brothers...

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

Same here; I just did the measurements as well; thanks for catching that! But we really have found giant 15-foot tall skeletons in the Middle East! Goliath did have 4 brothers...

Yeah. I've read a lot of giant theories. It's a shame LEGO won't touch the Bible!

5 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

It's a shame LEGO won't touch the Bible!

And yet they make sets for all sorts of other religious symbols? Oh well, Lego is just another one of those companies... on the bright side, a Nativity scene isn't impossible! (albeit incredibly unlikely)

22 minutes ago, pancakecrocodile said:

And yet they make sets for all sorts of other religious symbols? Oh well, Lego is just another one of those companies... on the bright side, a Nativity scene isn't impossible! (albeit incredibly unlikely)

Something like that, I guess!

11 hours ago, pancakecrocodile said:

87798 - Jonah's Misfortune - $69.99 - Around 760 pieces - 4 Figs (Jonah, Captain, and 2 Crewmates), 1 large boat, 1 large brick-built fish

Jonah and the Whale would make a really fun playset, especially if paired with a Jurassic World T-rex.  Can Jonah escape the whale before the T-rex eats them both?  It's up to you!

Jonah and the Whale might not make it into a Lego set, but with the Disney license we could very well get a set of Pinocchio, Geppetto, and the whale Monstruo someday.  Swap the minifigs with that and bob's your uncle!

40 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

Yeah. I've read a lot of giant theories. It's a shame LEGO won't touch the Bible!

I agree. Lego can be so hypocritical at times. 

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

I feel like that may be more so because they have no evidence to suggest that sets based off the Bible would sell well, and they are using the whole "religious" mumbo jumbo as just an excuse for that. However, if it is proven that the demand for Biblical sets does indeed exist, they may change their mind, because you know.... money. 

Several years ago, LEGO making sets based of something like Sitcoms (Friends, Seinfield, Big Bang Theory) seemed completely out of the realm of possibility, yet here we are today. Maybe if someone started submitting Bible-based projects on LEGO Ideas, and they all gained 10k supporters, LEGO might finally change their mind? :shrug_oh_well:

On 6/1/2021 at 12:52 PM, Lego David said:

I feel like that may be more so because they have no evidence to suggest that sets based off the Bible would sell well, and they are using the whole "religious" mumbo jumbo as just an excuse for that. However, if it is proven that the demand for Biblical sets does indeed exist, they may change their mind, because you know.... money. 

Several years ago, LEGO making sets based of something like Sitcoms (Friends, Seinfield, Big Bang Theory) seemed completely out of the realm of possibility, yet here we are today. Maybe if someone started submitting Bible-based projects on LEGO Ideas, and they all gained 10k supporters, LEGO might finally change their mind? :shrug_oh_well:

Well, I'll have to try! The software might flag it, but trying can't hurt!

On 6/1/2021 at 12:52 PM, Lego David said:

I think it's less of the money, and more because, at least in the US, the other religions being portrayed are viewed as less "political" and just due to the fact that even mentioning Christianity at all these days is practically begging to attract outrage from either Christians convinced that you're portraying it wrong/not the way they interpret it, or the crowd that's convinced religion is evil and anything that portrays Christianity in anything other than a negative light must be destroyed.