icm

Bible stories wishlist topic

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@1974, The image you posted isn’t appearing. It just says ‘Cookies must be enabled’.

Peeron is a bit weird that way, I guess you need to be logged in to view

Anyway take a look at page 26 & 27 in IDEA Book 226 (Noah's Ark) and page 28 & 29 in IDEA Book 6000 (a church)

Both can be found at peeron.com and here :

https://brickset.com/library/ideasbooks

Noah's Ark with every animal LEGO ever produced would be awesome.  Every animal is awesome.

If LEGO doesn't do Bible, I suppose we can recreate scenes using Star Wars characters like a David and Goliath in alternative ending. 

15983357728_b130562612_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Blondie-Wan said:

If TLG made a Noah’s Ark set that included two of each of a slew of different animals, I think a lot of us in EB would die of excitement. It would hardly matter whether we were Christian or not.

Nah, I think we, lego animal fans, can handle our excitement. :) 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

None of these sets have helicopters, people should be more realistic! 

Hmm... I just imagine these sets with helicopters! Or Goliath would be a mech man against the human David! Or something! Ok, I should be realistic then! 

49 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Noah's Ark with every animal LEGO ever produced would be awesome.  Every animal is awesome.

If LEGO doesn't do Bible, I suppose we can recreate scenes using Star Wars characters like a David and Goliath in alternative ending. 

Or more like Monkie Kid! We have Demon Bull King set. So that would be Goliath vs David. :)

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Or more like Monkie Kid! We have Demon Bull King set. So that would be Goliath vs David. :)

You know that if Lego ever did this that is what it would turn into.

Although Noah in an Osprey rescuing animals would be something.

Elijah and the chariot of fire is another that would lend to some modern interpretation. Although flying horses of fire would be cool without a modern interpretation.

The demons being cast out by Jesus into the pigs would be another good one for the animals.

A lot of OT stuff, while it may be cool, would be problematic though as it is against the modern compassionate Christianity practiced by most and ties into the intolerant Christians views. Things like the start of the Elijah story and Sodom and Gommorah (a town being destroyed by angels would be cool but clearly not in line with modern values).

Realistically a Bible wave would be-

Ultimate David Vs Goliath Mech Battle-$50

Ultimate Satan-Scooter Attack-$20

Ultimate Noahs Ark Motorcycle-$30

Ultimate Jonah Vs Whale Helicopter Battle-$60

Ultimate Jericho Truck Attack-$40

Ultimate Daniel Vs Lion Buggy-$10

Ultimate Cain Vs Abel Boat Battle-$30

And the 12 disciples are randomly distributed throughout the sets so you have to buy them all.

Edited by 2lazeetomakeaname

8 hours ago, 1974 said:

Peeron is a bit weird that way, I guess you need to be logged in to view

Anyway take a look at page 26 & 27 in IDEA Book 226 (Noah's Ark) and page 28 & 29 in IDEA Book 6000 (a church)

Both can be found at peeron.com and here :

https://brickset.com/library/ideasbooks

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

I meant moulded animals, not brick-built ones. I should have been clearer about that.

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Meesa should have brought more than a sling to fight this Philistine! Meesa goin’ to die! :tongue:

Not a bible story, but a Duplo or Lego Christening or Baptism set would make a good gift. Although it gets harder to design a set like that when there are so many different denominations with their own customs. Maybe a John the Baptist set would work.

I could imagine Noah’s Ark set would be a mission-oriented rescue boat with a white jet or helicopter, named DOVE, which it would search for a dry land and resuce some animals in danger. The set name would be “Noah’s A.R.K. Mission” A.R.K. Stands for Animal Resuce Kingdom or Kindness (I know it sounds weird lol. 

David vs Goliath set would include a normal minifigure David but he would wield a marital-style staff. Goliath would be a colossal Goliath II robot with some weapons. The set name would be “Dave vs. Goliath II”. 

Daniel in Lions’ Den would be Daniel taming mech lions. The set name would be “Lion Tamer’s Peace.” Eh, it sounds bad...

The Tower of Babel would feature multiple confsued minifigures at a multi-floor fortified city, like 4 stories. The set name would be “Lost in Translation at Babel.”

I just like Moonkie Kid, Ninjago and Nexo Knights style!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

On 5/22/2021 at 12:29 AM, AmperZand said:

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

You're welcome :classic:

Here's another interesting thing. IDEA Book 222 from 1975, page 23 (25 on peeron)

http://peeron.com/scans/222-1/25/

Love the tyre on the priest, NPU :wink:

Edited by 1974

Arguably the most important thing to Christianity isn't the crucifixion (though that does show God was willing to stand beside us in suffering) but the resurrection. That set could be a three part build, one part would be the tomb with a huge stone that can move from the tombs opening with a light brick that comes on when the stone is moved, the second part would be the temple that splits in half, with all the occupants falling into the crack. Then finally there would be a hill with 3 empty crosses, and a crown of thorns beside the middle cross. So this would cover all the most important parts without directly depicting the crucifixion.

The second most important is probably the Nativity, which would also be a great Christmas set for obvious reasons. Nice stable build and lots of minifigs including some animals.

And of course Noah's ark could be a good set. As an old Earth Christian (who absolutely cannot stand the likes of the westborough Baptist church!) I don't believe this story to be so important, and could be just a story (I believe history was often recorded as stories back then, with the meaning behind the events often taking priority over the events themselves. History wasn't as routinely recorded as a series of factual events until around the time of Christ, or so I read somewhere, I could be wrong) but a big ark with all the animals would just be a good set, and could range from a duplo build to a vast 18+ display build with a hugely detailed ark atop a small section of mountain, and anything in between. 

Edited by allanp

I agree that Lego will never make Bible sets, which is a shame since they are willing to make other themes that are "religious" in nature. (Things like Asian temples for Ninjago)  But I hope your wishlist inspires people to create MOCs of their favorite Bible scenes!

This is an interesting topic, and while I agree that the odds of Lego making any sets that depict an event associated with a modern active religion is low, I do wonder about models related to ancient religions that are not (for the most part) actively practiced.  Do you think Lego would do a set based on the stories of Ancient Greece or Ancient Egypt?  I know that there have been some minifigures that are at least partially based on these stories, but would the do a set say based around "Ra" and such, or maybe the gods on Mt. Olympus? 

But returning to the Bible topic.  Some thoughts would be -- Mainly looking at the 5 books of Moses or the Old Testament

Moses receiving the 10 commandments

Moses breaking the tablets and the golden calf

The sacrifice of Isaac .

Cain and Able -- (might be too graphic)

Joseph and Pharaoh

Now slightly outside of the Bible would be the siege of Masada 

Even in a world where TLG made Bible sets, I can't imagine they'd make a set with the play scenario "minifigure C brutally and spontaneously murders minifigure A!"  Even the Star Wars sets related to Order 66 aren't quite that, y'know, murdery.  The Mustafar sets have the play scenario "minifigure OWK is trying to stop minifigure AS from being more murdery than AS already is," and the Palpatine's Arrest set has the play scenario "all these other minifigures are trying to stop minifigure P from being more murdery than P already is."

From some perspectives, the Isaac story wouldn't be any more grim and disturbing than the Mustafar duel and Darth Vader transformation ... but I think it's pretty freaky, not really playset material.  (It's one of the stories I leave out of my headcanon of the "good parts version" of the Bible.)

Edited by icm

30 minutes ago, icm said:

From some perspectives, the Isaac story wouldn't be any more grim and disturbing than the Mustafar duel and Darth Vader transformation ... but I think it's pretty freaky, not really playset material.  (It's one of the stories I leave out of my headcanon of the "good parts version" of the Bible.)

There is no headcanon "good parts version" of the Bible. Its how it it, take it or leave it

6 hours ago, MSY-MSP said:

...or maybe the gods on Mt. Olympus? 

...The sacrifice of Isaac .

About the Olympians, we’ve had Poseidon and Athena as CMFs even though they weren’t called that, so a Greek mythology range of sets doesn’t seem out of the question.

With regards to the sacrifice of Isaac, it would mean a moulded ram to go with the forthcoming sheep (ewe?) which would be great. It would be even better if the ram came with detachable horns that could be held by a minifigure. Of course, as religious subject matter, LEGO won’t do it. But a moulded System ram is a possibility, so it might be possible to MOC it eventually.

The most necessary set would have to be the Nativity! Let's be honest... it would make a neat display piece, and the minifigs along side the animals would be awesome!

A Nativity set would work very well. In theory, all the animals for it already exist, there's a minifig baby, and it could easily be done at a similar price point to 40516. Because Nativity sets of all sorts are already sold widely, it might be the least controversial, best selling Bible set possible.  It would go with existing seasonal Christmas sets, it's got a heartwarming story attached, and it would sell well to lovers of Lego animals too.

Sure, the chance of producing Christian-themed sets is low. But a big question - why is there a Christian building in Architect’s Venice Skyline then? 

On 5/21/2021 at 2:33 PM, timemail said:

You know that if Lego ever did this that is what it would turn into.

Although Noah in an Osprey rescuing animals would be something.

Elijah and the chariot of fire is another that would lend to some modern interpretation. Although flying horses of fire would be cool without a modern interpretation.

The demons being cast out by Jesus into the pigs would be another good one for the animals.

A lot of OT stuff, while it may be cool, would be problematic though as it is against the modern compassionate Christianity practiced by most and ties into the intolerant Christians views. Things like the start of the Elijah story and Sodom and Gommorah (a town being destroyed by angels would be cool but clearly not in line with modern values).

The populations of Sodom and Gomorrah were rapists. I doubt anyone would claim that rapists being punished for their actions is unacceptable. 

10 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Sure, the chance of producing Christian-themed sets is low. But a big question - why is there a Christian building in Architect’s Venice Skyline then? 

For the same reason they can do the White House or Taj Mahal. It is about the building or architecture, not what those buildings represent (politics or religion). It's like the argument of separating the art from the artist.

13 hours ago, timemail said:

For the same reason they can do the White House or Taj Mahal. It is about the building or architecture, not what those buildings represent (politics or religion). It's like the argument of separating the art from the artist.

In this case, a cool Bible set to see would be the temple built by King Solomon. TLG could make it into one of the coolest architecture sets ever and would have me buying instantly! (Even if some large architecture sets can go for $500 or more…):wacko:

My vision of Wave One for a Bible Stories theme:

87793 - Baptism of Christ - $9.99 - Around 110 pieces - 2 Figs (Jesus and John the Baptist), 1 fish, 1 dove, 1 small river scene

87794 - The Fall of Man - $19.99 - Around 180 pieces - 2 Figs (Adam and Eve), 1 Serpent (Recolored Basilisk?), 1 double-Split forest scene, 1 large gate

87795 -  Daniel in the Lions' Den - $29.99 - Around 210 pieces - 2 Figs (Daniel and King Darius), 1 Male and Female lion, 1 small cave scene

87796 - David vs. Goliath - $29.99 - Around 230 pieces - 2 Figs (David and Philistine Soldier), 1 BigFig (Goliath), 2 small tents, 1 weapons rack

87797 - Battle for the Ark of the Covenant - $49.99 - Around 530 pieces - 6 Figs (3 Israelites, 3 Egyptian Soldiers), the Ark of the Covenant, 2 large hill sections, 2 tents, 1 weapons rack, 1 falling tree

87798 - Jonah's Misfortune - $69.99 - Around 760 pieces - 4 Figs (Jonah, Captain, and 2 Crewmates), 1 large boat, 1 large brick-built fish

87799 - The Tower of Babel - $89.99 - Around 1150 pieces - 6 Figs (All of different ethnicities), 1 giant tower, 2 rock sections, 2 horses, 2 carts

87800 - Battle of Jericho - $129.99 - Around 1500 pieces - 8 Figs (Joshua, Caleb, and 3 other Israelites, 2 Soldiers, and Rahab), 1 giant fortress, splitting rock sections from the walls, 2 tents, 1 camel

87801 - Noah's Ark - $229.99 - Around 1850 pieces - 8 Figs (Noah, his Wife, Ham, Shem, Japheth, and their Wives) 1 massive Ark, many animals in twos (elephants, lions, camels, ostriches, monkeys, chickens, goats, sheep, cows, horses, tigers, otters, flamingos, bats, chameleons, snakes, ants, spiders, and many more), 1 raven, 3 doves

87802 - The Birth of Christ - $49.99 - Around 500 pieces - 6 Figs (Joseph, Mary, 3 Wise men, 1 Shepherd), 1 BabyFig (Baby Jesus), 1 double-split stable, 1 camel, 1 horse, 1 sheep, 1 chicken

Boy, I treasure being a God-loving Christian!

1 hour ago, pancakecrocodile said:

87796 - David vs. Goliath - $29.99 - Around 230 pieces - 2 Figs (David and Philistine Soldier), 1 BigFig (Goliath), 2 small tents, 1 weapons rack

In my opinion, Goliath might be better fit for a Brick-built figure instead of a Bigfig. That might make the set a bit lacking in terms of set builds. If you go that route, you could have the main build of the set be a brick-built Goliath, plus a few extra side builds. 

As for how exactly Goliath would be built, I'd imagine him being made either in the style of Ant-Man/Eris, or perhaps in a similar style to the Knight's Kingdom figures. 

Lego Ant-man rises | Cool lego creations, Cool lego, Amazing lego creations

Lego Year 2006 Knights Kingdom Series Knight Figure Set # 8705 - Rogue –  JNL Trading

Maybe this might result in Goliath being a bit too oversized compared to his Biblical description (he was described as being around 3 meters tall) but I mean, this is LEGO we're talking about here. 

Edited by Lego David