Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[REVIEW] 40516 - Everyone is Awesome

Oh Lego, what have you done?

Why have you forsaken the middle ground to jump on the bandwagon of the Liberals? Why?

2 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

Oh Lego, what have you done?

Why have you forsaken the middle ground to jump on the bandwagon of the Liberals? Why?

Is it jumping on a bandwagon? Or is it saying that everybody is welcome in the Lego family? That's a pretty neutral statement tbh and one that's hard to argue against. 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Is it jumping on a bandwagon?

Yes, it is. Every big corporation now a-days has to be politically correct and show support to the Liberals and their ideas.

3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

That's a pretty neutral statement tbh and one that's hard to argue against.

That statement is not neutral in the slightest. The fact this set exists is Lego's support to the LGBTQ community.

2 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

Yes, it is. Every big corporation now a-days has to be politically correct and show support to the Liberals and their ideas.

That statement is not neutral in the slightest. The fact this set exists is Lego's support to the LGBTQ community.

I'm sorry, but it absolutely is neutral. Either Lego signals support for everyone or Lego indicates that a chunk of the population are welcome.

And I don't know who you mean by the Liberals - but I can assure you that my gender is not an "idea". 

34 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I don't know who you mean by the Liberals

Politics. 

I see you're from the United Kingdom. In the United States "liberals" are typically Democrats and on the political left (think Joe Biden) and "conservatives" are typically Republicans and on the political right (think Donald Trump).

1 minute ago, Captain Dee said:

Politics. 

I see you're from the United Kingdom. In the United States "liberals" are typically Democrats and on the political left (think Joe Biden) and "conservatives" are typically Republicans and on the political right (think Donald Trump).

In that case the statement is doubly wrong - since not only is acknowledging that LGBTQ+ people are welcome not a matter of politics but rather of human decency, neither the Danish company Lego nor any of their LGBTQ+ fans in the other 191 countries of the the world are beholden to US political divides. 

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Lego indicates that a chunk of the population are welcome.

When has there ever been something that has stopped LGBTQ people from buying Lego sets in the past?

And I don't know who you mean by the Liberals

By Liberal, I mean every person that does not have conservative ideological beliefs i.e. the murder of unborn children being ok, or being able to change your gender on a whim, etc. 

but I can assure you that my gender is not an "idea".

[Maybe keep discussions, discussions and do not attack each other directly, no matter if you/I/we agree with each other or not (removed content)]

Edited by JopieK
Personal attack

3 hours ago, John Cromwell said:

< redacted >

Wow. Not cool. Mods?

Your post is wrong, offensive and entirely inappropriate in a number of ways. This is not okay. And, fwiw this sort of anachronistic judgemental bile is exactly why this set is so important. 

Edited by williejm

38 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

since not only is acknowledging that LGBTQ+ people are welcome not a matter of politics but rather of human decency, neither the Danish company Lego nor any of their LGBTQ+ fans in the other 191 countries of the the world are beholden to US political divides.

@Captain Dee was simply clarifying the word 'liberal'. He never said that Lego was beholden to US politics. 

Just now, williejm said:

Wow. Not cool. Mods?

Go ahead, ban me if you want. I will always advocate truth, regardless of the penalties.

4 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

@Captain Dee was simply clarifying the word 'liberal'. He never said that Lego was beholden to US politics. 

Go ahead, ban me if you want. I will always advocate truth, regardless of the penalties.

Then say something that's true for a change, instead of hateful lies. 

4 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

Which is odd, because you’re talking rubbish, and stating lies. 

4 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Then say something that's true for a change, instead of hateful lies.

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Which is odd, because you’re talking rubbish, and stating lies. 

I'm sorry, I don't know what alternate world you live in, but I live in a world where there are certain facts about life that cannot be changed, regardless of your personal feelings.

Just now, John Cromwell said:

I'm sorry, I don't know what alternate world you live in, but I live in a world where there are certain facts about life that cannot be changed, regardless of your personal feelings.

Pretty sure the world you live in is still in the Stone Age 

1 minute ago, williejm said:

Pretty sure the world you live in is still in the Stone Age 

My ideological beliefs are those contained within the Bible, so compared to the rest of the unbelieving world they can seem rather out-of-date.

5 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

One of those facts is that I am a woman. So with all due respect, I don't care what your feelings are on that issue, because it won't stop being a fact. 

1 minute ago, John Cromwell said:

No, the fact of life is that you were born a human male, period. You merely think you are a woman.

Someone had better tell my doctor then! And my family too! Look, I'm not sure why you felt the need to come here and insult people's identity, but it's not appreciated and it won't win people over to your side. But the crux of the matter is this: I am a woman. 

In any case, my gender is neither up for me debate nor relevant to Lego, so I don't think we need to continue this point of contention any further.

15 minutes ago, John Cromwell said:

Every time a hater hates, I want to buy another one of these sets. 🖤🤎❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💙🤍💖

4 minutes ago, williejm said:

Every time a hater hates, I want to buy another one of these sets. 🖤🤎❤️🧡💛💚💙💜💙🤍💖

Lego will be taking sooo much of my money :pir-wench:

Just now, Alexandrina said:

Lego will be taking sooo much of my money :pir-wench:

Ah, the sheer POWER of all those pink and purple pounds... 

Just now, williejm said:

Ah, the sheer POWER of all those pink and purple pounds... 

Pink, purple, every colour in between. A rainbow even 

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

Pink, purple, every colour in between. A rainbow even 

Well, Minifig Dorothy and her friends do need something to sing about.

Once again I'm confused about people feeling that Lego has suddenly gone down such a dark path. Harry Potter is occult, superhero movies have sex and violence. We have themes about pirates and castles (and in those sets they can include alcohol bottles). Was Hidden Side or Monster Fighters not Satanic enough to draw some ire? Why has nobody tried saving my soul in those threads!?! *oh2*

This simply will not do! :sarcasm_smug:

1 minute ago, strangely said:

Once again I'm confused about people feeling that Lego has suddenly gone down such a dark path. Harry Potter is occult, superhero movies have sex and violence. We have themes about pirates and castles (and in those sets they can include alcohol bottles). Was Hidden Side or Monster Fighters not Satanic enough to draw some ire? Why has nobody tried saving my soul in those threads!?! *oh2*

This simply will not do! :sarcasm_smug:

Sorry about your soul. 🥲