Sign in to follow this  
starwarcam

[H10-Jedha-FF] Bad Soldiers Follow Orders

*Your entry has earned 26xp*

51190411231_5f304808ec_c.jpg

Four clones from the 332nd legion and Coruscant guard survive the Venator crash following Order 66 and Maul's escape, including two of the clones who Maul mauled during his rampage.

The clones are able to (relatively) repair a Republic Y-wing over the course of several months, and they escape the unknown moon together. Disconnected from the new Empire, the clones' last known order was to execute their Jedi commander, and they are determined to follow the command.

Having found one of their commander's lightsabers near the wreckage of the crash, the clones figure she must be in need of a new one. Their first stop is thus Jedha, a planet known for its connection to the force -- and more importantly -- its supply of Kyber crystals...

51190411211_4d3cd0a9a5_c.jpg

For Judges: Here is a short video showing that the moc is able to fulfill the 32x32 limit requirement to become eligible for double points.

Thank you

Edited by goatman461

Looks good, the colours of the rock represent Jedha well. The Y wing is excellent, it captures the damaged yet functional look very well

13 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Looks good, the colours of the rock represent Jedha well. The Y wing is excellent, it captures the damaged yet functional look very well

12 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Excellent!

Thanks! The y-wing uses a lot of ideas from the Resistance Y-wing set, which I think is very underrated, and I have always really wanted to make a damaged Y-wing.

Edited by starwarcam

The Resistance Y-Wing set is one of my favorite ship sets, it owns. But you really managed to bump up the level of detail and visual interest, and not in a "this is now very messy ugh" way. Somehow it looks just the right level of complex. I think that's down to you just having really good building instincts, as each of your builds so far has shown. Somehow clean and messy at the same time, ain't that just the WAY. Tasty.

Also your desert looks dope, so smooth but with the right amount of bits and pieces. (I'm gonna dock ya a point on landscaping because you and I both know the rock situation, but it still looks good. That's a nice boulder. So just the one point.)

Oh wow, look at that lime droid, didn't even see him there. that's a great color choice nice job

Edit: I forgot this was for the Followers! Thank you! May the Force be with you and all that! I appreciate the help!

Edited by RocketBoy

2 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

The Resistance Y-Wing set is one of my favorite ship sets, it owns. But you really managed to bump up the level of detail and visual interest, and not in a "this is now very messy ugh" way. Somehow it looks just the right level of complex. I think that's down to you just having really good building instincts, as each of your builds so far has shown. Somehow clean and messy at the same time, ain't that just the WAY. Tasty.

Also your desert looks dope, so smooth but with the right amount of bits and pieces. (I'm gonna dock ya a point on landscaping because you and I both know the rock situation, but it still looks good. That's a nice boulder. So just the one point.)

Oh wow, look at that lime droid, didn't even see him there. that's a great color choice nice job

Edit: I forgot this was for the Followers! Thank you! May the Force be with you and all that! I appreciate the help!

Thanks for the in depth feedback as always. I think I probably have decent composition instincts, but I have so much to learn when it comes to build techniques specifically. I do way too much macgyvering currently. Looking forward to improving at snot, elegant angling, and ways to change direction especially.

And yes may the force be with you, but never forget that the only thing more ubiquitous than the force, is  c r i m e.

1 hour ago, pombe said:

Sexy comes in many forms, and this is damn sexy.

Thank you, and I will not forget that this build's qualification was made possible in part by Pombe Wonderful: the antioxidant power of Pombegranate juice™

Wow this looks fantastic! The greeble work is really well done and the overall design is quite streamlined. 

2 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Wow this looks fantastic! The greeble work is really well done and the overall design is quite streamlined. 

Thanks, the big white technic panel surprised me at how well it lined up, and the rest of the build fell into place from there

On 5/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, pombe said:

Sexy comes in many forms, and this is damn sexy.

Ditto 

Great work on that Y-Wing fuselage with so many details! The white technic piece helps a lot to the shape of the ship. Nice clones as well!

4 hours ago, dvogon said:

Great work on that Y-Wing fuselage with so many details! The white technic piece helps a lot to the shape of the ship. Nice clones as well!

5 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Ditto 

Thank you, thank you!

Love the Y-wing, a really detailed rendition of the ship. It is cool that you disguised the support structure within a rock though the colour mix in the landscape doesn't quite work for me.

21 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Love the Y-wing, a really detailed rendition of the ship. It is cool that you disguised the support structure within a rock though the colour mix in the landscape doesn't quite work for me.

Thanks! Yeah the color mixture/large rock was a compromise between getting the colors of Jedha while using a color for which I don't have many pieces. Not fully satisfied with the execution.