Sign in to follow this  
Niku

CDC1 Tale: The King Ascension

Ascension of the Lion

When the line of succession was interrupted for various reasons,
a Kaliphlin ritual that subjected the aspirant to pass in the company of lions, to determine his worth. 
The victor was recognized as King.

51189373984_e6e03abffe_c.jpg

Edited by Niku

Indeed there is a problem with the link but I got to the picture eventually. Quite a stunning one I might say. And the way light has been used to illuminate the dark room looks amazing. Good job! :pir-thumb:

51189373984_e6e03abffe_c.jpg
I don’t know why I couldn’t get this to work when editing the post, but here is the picture. I’ll try again on a different device later. Looks great, by the way! Love the lighting. 

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

7 hours ago, Grover said:

I would love to see the pic, but your link is broken.

Sorry for that Grover, it is fixed now.

6 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Indeed there is a problem with the link but I got to the picture eventually. Quite a stunning one I might say. And the way light has been used to illuminate the dark room looks amazing. Good job! :pir-thumb:

Thank you Jack, I was kind of afraid of trying to play with the light but your comments tell me it is right. :dsweet:

10 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I don’t know why I couldn’t get this to work when editing the post, but here is the picture. I’ll try again on a different device later. Looks great, by the way! Love the lighting. 

Thank you very much Henjin, glad you like it. :classic:

The picture shows up for me right now.  Great MOC and I agree, the lighting is well done.  I really like the stone window - especially the barely visible sloped part with the light coming in from above.

2 minutes ago, jtooker said:

The picture shows up for me right now.  Great MOC and I agree, the lighting is well done.  I really like the stone window - especially the barely visible sloped part with the light coming in from above.

Thanks a lot jtooker, getting the angle on that part was not easy, it is more like an entrance to the pit-dungeon where the candidates could access on a dramatic way rather than the easier way by the arch that is in the dark corner.

Awesome!  I love the lighting!  The bricks used down low with the smooth textures up high make a nice texture.  I like how you positioned the lions heads like they are interested in what's going on.  Nice subtlety with the door in the corner and bones on the floor, too.  Hope the old man hasn't been covered in gravy before being tossed in! 

Good interpretation of Briton Rivière's painting, too.

Edited by Grover

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Awesome!  I love the lighting!  The bricks used down low with the smooth textures up high make a nice texture.  I like how you positioned the lions heads like they are interested in what's going on.  Nice subtlety with the door in the corner and bones on the floor, too.  Hope the old man hasn't been covered in gravy before being tossed in! 

Good interpretation of Briton Rivière's painting, too.

I am glad it resembles the painting enough to be noticed, the lions are one of my prefered lego animals they are very well done. Good that the corner, bones are still noted even if the darkness is present on them. Thank you Grover.  :classic:

Great lighting, really like the dark red and orange tiles!  The skeleton bones are a good addition.

Definitely reminding me of a painting I've seen of Daniel in the lion's den... which is totally a good thing!

59 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Great lighting, really like the dark red and orange tiles!  The skeleton bones are a good addition.

Definitely reminding me of a painting I've seen of Daniel in the lion's den... which is totally a good thing!

Thanks Kai. Great, it reminds you of it. I took it as inspiration main-theme for the build. :)

Nice build.  Lighting is excellent and really brings this build to life.  

Claustrophobic!
Phenomenal use of lighting.
This is a photo filled with emotion and feeling. The mix of light and shadow, skeletons and man, all hailing and looking above for... protection, guidance, a word of courage or simply a breath of last words?
Very cool and unexpected entry, sire Niku. 
Skol. 

58 minutes ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Claustrophobic!
Phenomenal use of lighting.
This is a photo filled with emotion and feeling. The mix of light and shadow, skeletons and man, all hailing and looking above for... protection, guidance, a word of courage or simply a breath of last words?
Very cool and unexpected entry, sire Niku. 
Skol. 

Thank you so much Louis, is really very appreciated your comment. :sweet:

This is a really cool build!  Very atmospheric and the way you lit this is just perfect. :thumbup: