gedren_y

40516 Everyone Is Awesome

Set of monochrome minifigures. Releases June 1st.

346 pieces. USD $35, 35€ , £30, AUD $60

Some information from the very active Marvel thread that might be of relevance here.

On 5/14/2021 at 6:15 AM, doclord said:

Rumblings on instagram of another big surprise coming for "minifig collectors". Not exactly confirmed for Marvel, BUT....

EDIT: Not Marvel related after all.

On 5/14/2021 at 7:28 AM, YetiZombie said:

It apparently has nothing to do with Marvel according to @Brick Clicker

On 5/14/2021 at 7:32 AM, Trainfan20 said:

Something they've never done before. Not licensed 

Intriguing indeed. I wonder where these rumblings come from. That said, people shouldn't have to wait too long for this.

Struggling to think what they haven’t done before that isn’t licensed. Haven’t done ever or just in CMF series form?

Fabuland-style figures?

Hopefully nothing stupid like a mix and match of figures where each part is randomly selected from the whole series (e.g. the headgear of character 1, torso of character 2, etc)

I would personally love a proper music series (not Vidyo) with each figure having an individual instrument representing different music genres (country, jazz, classical, barbershop, rock ‘n’ roll...). Doubt it will happen though.

I wonder if this has anything to do with LEGO's upcoming 90th anniversary - Remakes of classic Minifigs, perhaps? Technically, this would not be something that they have never done, since they remade the original police officer in Series 18 and updated Dash and Johnny Thunder in Series 16 and Series 19 respectively, but an entire series of legacy Minifigures would be unprecedented. LEGO has made themed non-licensed CMF series before, so this is not entirely out of the question. 

Maybe something like: 
1.) Classic Space Red (Direct remake - No modifications) 
2.) Blacktron II (Redesigned to look more like an actual spacesuit) 
3.) Alpha Draconis 
4.) Black Falcons Knight (New design) 
5.) Crusaders Knight 
6.) Basil the Bat Lord 
7.) Flex 
8.) Cam 
9.) Ogel 
10.) Miss Pippin Reed / Pepper Roni 
11.) Dr. Kilroy / Sky Lane or Snap Lockitt
12.) Sam Sinister / The Brickster 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Or a re-release?

Maybe they are going to re-release CMF Series 1? 

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Or a re-release?

Maybe they are going to re-release CMF Series 1? 

Now that would be interesting.   Or maybe they would do a series with the ultra rare minifigures.  So all of us who didn't get a Mr. Gold or the policeman could have a shot at them.

My first thought is something like Series 14/Series 18. I’m not getting my hopes up for something extraordinary

Or maybe an "all-stars" CMF series?

Fans will vote for the 12 characters that will return for this CMF

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Or maybe an "all-stars" CMF series?

Fans will vote for the 12 characters that will return for this CMF

I hope not. I don't think LEGO has a good track record with fan voting at this point.

The rumour just states that minifig collectors would love this, so assuming it’s a CMF series is jumping the gun a bit, especially when you consider this: tandnbricks recently suggested that people should check out Matthew Ashton’s twitter account (the VP of design at TLG), where he’s been teasing a new set he’s designed for the last week, revealing a new part of it every day. So far, it’s all been 2x3 bricks in various colours. 

If this is indeed the same product, a CMF series can definitely be ruled out :tongue:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

tandnbricks recently suggested that people should check out Matthew Ashton’s twitter account (the VP of design at TLG), where he’s been teasing a new set he’s designed for the last week, revealing a new part of it every day. So far, it’s all been 2x3 bricks in various colours. 

Since you brought that up, I have listed all of the things that Ashton has (thus far) stated are not the set in-question, so as to prevent the thread from being derailed by non-CMF-related speculation: 

Spoiler

Definitive No: "The one with the turkey in it" (the new F.R.I.E.N.D.S. set, I believe), the Daily Bugle, a Doctor Who set, a piano, a penguin, Venom, Charlie Chaplin, a typewriter, a Friends set/theme, a Wandavision set, Banksy, the Titanic, a LEGO House exclusive, Adidas, a My Little Pony stable, the Olympics, bees, the LEGO House, a castle, a Classic brick box, something to do with Mickey Mouse, a custom BrickHeadz set, the house from Up, Big Bird, a McDonald's drive-thru, a bumblebee, Sonic the Hedgehog, CLUE, a Nathan Sawaya sculpture, Bertie Bassett. 

No Information: Whether the black 2x3 will be visible in the final model and used in large quantities. 

Non-Definitive: a Classic brick box (Ashton made joking comments that seem to indicate that this is not the set, but nothing that he said was definitive), a Marvel or castle set, Ashton responded "Unfortunately not" to the question "Might one find a transparent fluorescent bright green and transparent light blue 2x3 brick included in this exciting new Classic Space moon base set?" - It is unclear if he was referring to the colours or to the set concept (or to both).

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:
Maybe it is a series with every fig has animals as accessory :tongue: At least would not be surprised if one got a sheep or two..

Maybe it’s just a series where every figure comes with a sheep 🤣

Since I consider the box sets of minifigs falling under this category, a non-series set for "minifig collectors" seems something still appropriate to discuss here.

....wait what? I mean, I don’t get it what we are talking about now?

Edited by DBlegonerd7

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

....wait what? I mean, I don’t get it what we are talking about now?

I have no idea either, someone just posted some exclamation marks and then everyone else seems to have seen something.

To sum it up, tandnbricks on IG has stated there’s a new product on the horizon that minifig collectors would love. Initially, people thought it was Marvel-related, until it turned out it’s not licensed. Some people then assumed it would be a CMF series, hence the discussion shifting from the Marvel thread to this one :classic:

A day later, tandbricks then said we should pay attention to Matthew Ashton, the VP of design at TLG. The latter’s been busy teasing a new set he designed by revealing one brick included in it every day. The first couple if days he’s posted pictures of 2x3 bricks in various colours, until yesterday when he posted a picture of a 1x10 tan brick.

That’s basically all we know thus far :laugh:

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

To sum it up, tandnbricks on IG has stated there’s a new product on the horizon that minifig collectors would love. Initially, people thought it was Marvel-related, until it turned out it’s not licensed. Some people then assumed it would be a CMF series, hence the discussion shifting from the Marvel thread to this one :classic:

A day later, tandbricks then said we should pay attention to Matthew Ashton, the VP of design at TLG. The latter’s been busy teasing a new set he designed by revealing one brick included in it every day. The first couple if days he’s posted pictures of 2x3 bricks in various colours, until yesterday when he posted a picture of a 1x10 tan brick.

That’s basically all we know thus far :laugh:

This gotta be kidding....