gedren_y

40516 Everyone Is Awesome

1 hour ago, Natant16 said:

Interesting. So there's no real solid hints besides that?

It sounds like there is no solid hint behind that. 

On 5/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I wonder if this has anything to do with LEGO's upcoming 90th anniversary - Remakes of classic Minifigs, perhaps? Technically, this would not be something that they have never done, since they remade the original police officer in Series 18 and updated Dash and Johnny Thunder in Series 16 and Series 19 respectively, but an entire series of legacy Minifigures would be unprecedented. LEGO has made themed non-licensed CMF series before, so this is not entirely out of the question. 

Maybe something like: 
1.) Classic Space Red (Direct remake - No modifications) 
2.) Blacktron II (Redesigned to look more like an actual spacesuit) 
3.) Alpha Draconis 
4.) Black Falcons Knight (New design) 
5.) Crusaders Knight 
6.) Basil the Bat Lord 
7.) Flex 
8.) Cam 
9.) Ogel 
10.) Miss Pippin Reed / Pepper Roni 
11.) Dr. Kilroy / Sky Lane or Snap Lockitt
12.) Sam Sinister / The Brickster 

I’d just like to say that I would love any minifigures based on old Castle themes, especially the more fantastical ones. The Bat Lord, the witch, Cedric the Bull or any of the characters from the power-ranger coloured Knights would be really cool 

The kids on Instagram say it is a set with monochrome figs so nothing to do with CMF :shrug_oh_well:

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The kids on Instagram say it is a set with monochrome figs so nothing to do with CMF :shrug_oh_well:

It's a series of minifigures! ... but they're monochrome.

13 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's a series of minifigures! ... but they're monochrome.

OK, maybe I misunderstood then :blush: Fun for the monochrome collectors hope they get some figs in new colours :wink:

???

I dont get it. Why would they release a series like that?

Just put the pieces at the BAM station

Not a series, a build. A rainbow colored display with figs matching the colors. It will probably be listed under Minifigures on the Lego site, though.

It's not a Series, it's a single set with 11 monochrome figs and some colorful bricks and apparently hairpieces (dont know if the hairpieces are bright colored as well but that'd be even better to get some nice parts).

Edited by TeriXeri

Oh a set. That makes more sense I guess

But still. What an odd concept. Good for them for trying something new

55 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh a set. That makes more sense I guess

But still. What an odd concept. Good for them for trying something new

It doesn’t sound like an odd concept at all.

It’s a set embracing Pride and Diversity - hence the rainbow 🌈 and the 11 different coloured monochrome figures representing the 11 colours on the progressive Pride flag (which is a combination of this 🏳️‍🌈(standard six-colour Pride flag) , the transgender Pride flag (pink, white and light blue) and also features black 🖤and brown🤎 for racial diversity.

I, for one, am ecstatically surprised and delighted by this, and I’m sure many other LGBTI+ Lego fans and fans-to-be will be too. 

Edited by williejm

Awesome set :wub: The blue minifig’s hairpiece is a new mould, right? I wonder if it was specifically designed for this set or whether it was originally intended for another set that got pushed back or something. Can’t think of a licensed character with that hairstyle though

Oh yeah that's a great set , colored tiles, hairpieces, and monochrome figs, and of course the other meaning/representation of the colors.

The only thing that’s missing for me is a grey minifig, but that’s no biggie :laugh: At least the other three colours of the ace flag are present :thumbup:

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Awesome set :wub: The blue minifig’s hairpiece is a new mould, right? I wonder if it was specifically designed for this set or whether it was originally intended for another set that got pushed back or something. Can’t think of a licensed character with that hairstyle though

Indeed. An odd wee treat - wonder where that will show up 

17 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The only thing that’s missing for me is a grey minifig, but that’s no biggie :laugh: At least the other three colours of the ace flag are present :thumbup:

Seems like that’s at least a colour easy to get all the parts for!

i came across of this photo on a Facebook group. I think this is the topic you discuss guys.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Removed leaked image

what an amazing set. Day 1 purchase for me. I love the intent with this. Do we know release date yet?

Cool set!

I think the brown and black is so you can make the Bear Pride Flag. 

So excited for this! I think it might actually be a GWP? In the Instagram leaks someone said it was "1 per customer" so it might very well be the case.

43 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

"Fine, I'll do it myself."

2 hours ago, williejm said:

It doesn’t sound like an odd concept at all.

It’s a set embracing Pride and Diversity - hence the rainbow 🌈 and the 11 different coloured monochrome figures representing the 11 colours on the progressive Pride flag (which is a combination of this 🏳️‍🌈(standard six-colour Pride flag) , the transgender Pride flag (pink, white and light blue) and also features black 🖤and brown🤎 for racial diversity.

I, for one, am ecstatically surprised and delighted by this, and I’m sure many other LGBTI+ Lego fans and fans-to-be will be too. 

I think your reading too much into this. It looks to me like they took the most common colors and made monochrome figures with them because they look cool

16 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I think your reading too much into this. It looks to me like they took the most common colors and made monochrome figures with them because they look cool

If they weren't in this order, then I would say so, but it does match the flag exactly, and the name Everyone is Awesome definitely makes it seem like its about pride month to me. This set is genius, it combines a niche AFOL community's dream with a positive message, and just in time for June. I think it's cool, and as far as I remember, this is the boldest statement Lego has made on the topic so far, but I do hope they do more than just release a set. Make a donation or participate in an event, or anything more than just try to get people to buy stuff. That'll help make the point stronger and not just a marketing ploy.

Edited by NetherCreeper

17 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

I mean, you dont make 3 pride flags by accident lmao

5 minutes ago, NetherCreeper said:

If they weren't in this order, then I would say so, but it does match the flag exactly, and the name Everyone is Awesome definitely makes it seem like its about pride month to me. This set is genius, it combines a niche AFOL community's dream with a positive message, and just in time for June. I think it's cool, and as far as I remember, this is the boldest statement Lego has made on the topic so far, but I do hope they do more than just release a set. Make a donation or participate in an event, or anything more than just try to get people to buy stuff. That'll help make the point stronger and not just a marketing ploy.

Wait, thats actually flag? Well okay then. This is 100% a marketing ploy:laugh:

The blue hair is new, right? I hope them comes in a more colors soon.

It's a nice colourful set, but the very fact that this set won't be allowed to be sold in a lot of countries means that it is a very political set, and one that I think breaks Lego's own rules about political statements. The fact that there will be debate around Lego doing this set means that it's political, I'm really surprised Lego want to go down this route.