Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

This is really disappointing (though understandable); I had stepped away from the game for a while because I was having some major issues with Depression, but I had hoped to rejoin once I was feeling better (which I am now, BTW). 
I appreciate the advice that I received in improving as a player, and I hope to be able to make use of it at some point in the future. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

This is really disappointing (though understandable); I had stepped away from the game for a while because I was having some major issues with Depression, but I had hoped to rejoin once I was feeling better (which I am now, BTW). 
I appreciate the advice that I received in improving as a player, and I hope to be able to make use of it at some point in the future. 

You made a lot of strides as a player. The original Heroica was my introduction to RPG and it really helped me feel comfortable playing them in person outside of the internet. I haven't looked back since and I have the system and this community to thank for that. I'm confident you will do well. :classic:

Sad to see this happen, but not totally unexpected. And I say this as someone who didn't contribute as much as I should have. I wish it could have continued but understand why it happened. It was fun to play with everyone again and see new characters people came up with.

On 11/14/2022 at 8:43 AM, Viper Knight said:

Hello again, I'm interested in reading about the Amourai - have they been in any quests?

Missions 1 and 10 featured Amourai NPC's, but no major story arcs about them.

Satisfying, seeing the roleplay. I also like the perception that's not a character, very easy going. Next roleplay I'm going to not opt out, and stay. I see I could start something new like Barbarian instead of the next "Commando". 

23 minutes ago, Viper Knight said:

Satisfying, seeing the roleplay. I also like the perception that's not a character, very easy going. Next roleplay I'm going to not opt out, and stay. I see I could start something new like Barbarian instead of the next "Commando". 

The GAtS system does not have classes, but you could use a combination of Proficiencies and RP to make a Barbarian character. 

1 hour ago, Viper Knight said:

That was almost confusing, since I've read somewhere for Heroica GATS that there was a Barbarian option.

That was Heroica 1.0/Heroica Fantasy (the original game).