Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

7 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

In regards to mission 10, I’ve updated my stats.

Thanks, just as a heads up, by upgrading Skill to rank 2 (an even number), you also get a +1 bonus to your velocity. By upgrading Smarts to rank 2 (an even number), you get a free Rank 1 Proficiency. Let me know which Proficiency you'd like added.

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Thanks, just as a heads up, by upgrading Skill to rank 2 (an even number), you also get a +1 bonus to your velocity. By upgrading Smarts to rank 2 (an even number), you get a free Rank 1 Proficiency. Let me know which Proficiency you'd like added.

Rank 1 Coding.

I'm pretty sure my stats are not right. Gonna try and fix.
Edit: Just seem to be missing a proficiency from smarts. I've added Perception 1

Edited by Scubacarrot

39 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Rank 1 Coding.

9 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

I'm pretty sure my stats are not right. Gonna try and fix.
Edit: Just seem to be missing a proficiency from smarts. I've added Perception 1

Updated. Thanks!

I wonder how fast we are going to have to roll deception checks to keep up our scooter-warranty-salesman charade.

2 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

I wonder how fast we are going to have to roll deception checks to keep up our scooter-warranty-salesman charade.

All dependent upon whether the folks you're lying to care. :laugh:

Aww man, I wanted more pizza! (Had a naan bread Chicken Tikka "pizza" today, fusion food. Also I am off to Brickworld, so Deepdish is in my future...) 

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

Aww man, I wanted more pizza! (Had a naan bread Chicken Tikka "pizza" today, fusion food. Also I am off to Brickworld, so Deepdish is in my future...)

We have a Mexican-Indian fusion place near me. Tacos made of naan bread, filled with curry is :wub:

6 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Have fun! More pizza certainly to come, but hopefully from better chefs this time.:laugh:

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Have fun! More pizza certainly to come, but hopefully from better chefs this time.:laugh:

On a side note I love the new missions opening build from you Waterbrick, it's great. No disrespect to all the wonderful digital builds as well which have some great designs, but I must admit actual physical bricks just hit different for me. I am also still anticipating that collection thread where all the scenes get showed off.

9 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

On a side note I love the new missions opening build from you Waterbrick, it's great. No disrespect to all the wonderful digital builds as well which have some great designs, but I must admit actual physical bricks just hit different for me. I am also still anticipating that collection thread where all the scenes get showed off.

Yeah, I've been slacking a little on adding scenes to my post of the Resource thread. Glad you're enjoying the builds though. I'm certainly not well versed enough with the rendered stuff to be able to hold a candle to what Duvors and The Legonater have been producing, theirs is really amazing.:wub:

That part usage to make that graffiti looks downright brilliant, Duvors. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

That part usage to make that graffiti looks downright brilliant, Duvors. :thumbup:

Thank you! I've never really done anything like that before, so this is wonderful to hear. I actually built the whole thing in three hours, so that's why the rest is so basic. I was having trouble with the width of some of the gaps at first, but I found that a minifigure neck bracket could give me a 1/3 plate fit with the smoothness of a tile and it was smooth sailing from there.

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

Thank you! I've never really done anything like that before, so this is wonderful to hear. I actually built the whole thing in three hours, so that's why the rest is so basic. I was having trouble with the width of some of the gaps at first, but I found that a minifigure neck bracket could give me a 1/3 plate fit with the smoothness of a tile and it was smooth sailing from there.

Here I was thinking it was a digital model and wondering how you got the weathered look. :laugh:

16 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Here I was thinking it was a digital model and wondering how you got the weathered look. :laugh:

It is. The weathering is a feature in stud.io's render that adds scratches to bricks.

10 hours ago, Duvors said:

It is. The weathering is a feature in stud.io's render that adds scratches to bricks.

Wait, what? Now I'm doubly impressed! :laugh:

14 hours ago, Duvors said:

How am I learning this at the end of an entire quest spent on a dilapidated cargo ship? :laugh:

Apologies for being absent again; some things have come up over the past few days. I will be caught up and active again tomorrow, though (later today, technically). 👍

Soo, I got the 'rona. At the moment it is really just a pretty crummy cold / v mild flu for me. However it is really messing with my energy levels, I can be upright and bright (but a bit p-d off for being stuck in isolation) to needing a nap and drained to the point I can't even type. 

I am keeping up with the quest depending on times. (if I am operating at regular capacity) but please don't let me delay things if it seems that there has been too long from my responses. 

According to local regulations, I can be free from isolation by Sunday (if I have a negative test Saturday and Sunday) so I am presuming if I keep on this mild track I should be feeling a lot better by then also. I just spoke to my manager at work too, and he's pretty up-beat because I am sounding a whole lot better than some of my colleagues who have been sick with it. (But still rough enough to "justify" being off sick!) 

Anywho, that is the update chaps. At least I can still communicate with the outside world on the internet!!

Sorry to hear that, Peppermint_M, hope you feel better soon. ❤️

5 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Soo, I got the 'rona. At the moment it is really just a pretty crummy cold / v mild flu for me. However it is really messing with my energy levels, I can be upright and bright (but a bit p-d off for being stuck in isolation) to needing a nap and drained to the point I can't even type. 

I am keeping up with the quest depending on times. (if I am operating at regular capacity) but please don't let me delay things if it seems that there has been too long from my responses. 

According to local regulations, I can be free from isolation by Sunday (if I have a negative test Saturday and Sunday) so I am presuming if I keep on this mild track I should be feeling a lot better by then also. I just spoke to my manager at work too, and he's pretty up-beat because I am sounding a whole lot better than some of my colleagues who have been sick with it. (But still rough enough to "justify" being off sick!) 

Anywho, that is the update chaps. At least I can still communicate with the outside world on the internet!!

That's no problem Peppermint_M and quite understandable, I remember my bout with it knocking me off my feet. We'll keep things rolling, hope you have a quick recovery.

Feel better!!

@The Legonater, sorry if Merei’s stubbornness is blowing up the moral dilemma a bit - don’t be afraid to hold our feet to the fire with consequences!! I suggested the plan knowing it was a risk!

Get all the rest you need, Peppermint_M! We'll be waiting for you on the other side!

51 minutes ago, Zepher said:

@The Legonater, sorry if Merei’s stubbornness is blowing up the moral dilemma a bit - don’t be afraid to hold our feet to the fire with consequences!! I suggested the plan knowing it was a risk!

Oh no, this is great! There's intentionally no ideal solution here, so I just want to make sure you're all making well-informed decisions and are settling on the choices you all feel are best in character! :thumbup: