Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

5 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

OOC: Well I guess we are trying to intimidate Flo in a friendly kind of way... 'Intimidation (also called cowing) is intentional behavior that "would cause a person of ordinary sensibilities" to fear injury or harm.' oh... OH... uhm never mind. I am just a bad guy now. Erh, Bers the Anti-Hero.

Bers finally stops staring into Flo's eyes as he turns towards Merei and gives another quick nod as if to say, go ahead.

I don't think you have to worry about it too much. The tough and abrasive type is definitely a tried and true character that serves as a perfect foil to more of the diplomatic characters. Heroica 1.0 had a character Guts who embodied these qualities to a tee and was much beloved for it. I'm really liking this Bers though, its a good contrast to Kirwin even though both are Adamites.

26 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I don't think you have to worry about it too much. The tough and abrasive type is definitely a tried and true character that serves as a perfect foil to more of the diplomatic characters. Heroica 1.0 had a character Guts who embodied these qualities to a tee and was much beloved for it. I'm really liking this Bers though, its a good contrast to Kirwin even though both are Adamites.

Plus, the tough and abrasive character is also lots of fun to play, IMO. I've said it before, but I kind of miss playing as Eric because I loved his childish, devious and impish behavior. I want Felix to be nicer and less self-centered which is a fun, but hard challenge :grin:.

19 hours ago, Zepher said:

Also happy to wait a second if CMP wants to resolve streamer conversation - that's the tough thing of online - don't want to blow past anyone else's good moments.

Sorry, busy busy start of the week. I too am really enjoying all the dynamics here. :thumbup:

Well I decided to update my character picture(s). And I did some modification to the original poly bag set, so here it is...

ice_bear_mech_front.jpg ice_bear_mech_back.jpg 

@Waterbrick Down If I inadvertently messed up some pictures some ware else, here is some square pictures. (I did check around a little bit and everything seems fine from what could tell.) 

ice_bear_mech_back_square.jpg ice_bear_mech_front_square.jpg ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg 

P.S. WBD If you don't mind could you update the first post on the Hall Page with the new profile picture, thank you. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
added a comment

1 minute ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Considering it we don't have any other missions in the hopper and Quest 2 is almost complete, I figured we'd wait for those guys to finish so we don't have a lot of heroes waiting around in the hall. Thanks for your patience current hall heroes. :classic:

Everyone on Mission 4, I’ll have an update a little later tonight. I’ve been a little busy these past few days and need a moment to retake a few photos as I was unhappy with how the first attempts came out. 

16 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Everyone on Mission 4, I’ll have an update a little later tonight. I’ve been a little busy these past few days and need a moment to retake a few photos as I was unhappy with how the first attempts came out. 

By the way since I can't Oppertunist Attack I'll just regular Attack. :pir-thumb:

17 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51263128802_d3d0ff0e38_t.jpg

"Drack, why do they always have to run, you know considering I'm using a melee weapon. That is really inconvenient for this unit!" Bers intentionally shouts out at the Greaser Punk.

He uses his velocity to dash towards the Greaser, using the momentum to try and take another one of his non-lethal swings to attack, the Chain-Greatsword being flailed around in a single arm as the servos are working at max capacity to handle the weight.

OOC: I believe all I can do right now is Dash and Attack, I could 'Try Something' but I doubt MM would allow me to say try and toss the Chain-Greatsword at the Greaser to make him fall down to the ground.

@Dutch Thriceman: 'Dash' and 'Attack' are two separate actions, so you can only perform one per turn. Additionally, 'Try Something' is a valid action, and @Kintobor is an adaptable MM, so there is no reason that Bers throwing the Chain-Greatsword would be disallowed (though the check could certainly fail). 

@Kintobor, as a point of order, Merei should be in F2 as Zepher stated they were moving there and the'd have to be adjacent to Yissam to rally them, meaning Kirwin would have to be in a different square (unless allowed to occupy the same space as another character).

Also, @Dutch Thriceman, while throwing your sword could be done, there's no reason to. Ray is only one square away from you, less than your Velocity of two, meaning you could simply use the Position Special Action (which is free but can only be done once per turn) and use your regular Action (Only one per turn of any kind) to Attack normally.

Edited by Duvors

16 hours ago, karmajay said:

OOC: Ok somehow I ended up further from the door lol

Kirwin says "Heck it may be too late, if he leaves now we'll lose any element of surprise! We need to keep him here!"

Kirwin attempts to tackle the greaser to slow him down.

I believe that's because of initiative order. Merei was already moving to the space, so you could not move there. Just a good reminder to all of us to pay attention to where we are spatially, and what order we act in!

@CMP, you need to specify which level of the spell you are casting, as that determines how much Spirit it costs and how strong its effects are.

1 minute ago, Duvors said:

@CMP, you need to specify which level of the spell you are casting, as that determines how much Spirit it costs and how strong its effects are.

Is there a minimum number of spell proficiency successes required for each level?

For instance, Lesser Familiar costs 1 Spirit vs the next level up, which costs 3. I would be fine with spending 3, but I'm not sure if I would need more Successes on the spell check.

On 6/25/2021 at 5:02 PM, KotZ said:

"Well, then it seems I must use "I love grapefruit."

"Would you want to be the neutral grapefruit?"

2 hours ago, KotZ said:

Notepad.”

I don't know how big of a deal this is but I think you used the wrong one. :shrug_confused: 

2 hours ago, CMP said:

Is there a minimum number of spell proficiency successes required for each level?

For instance, Lesser Familiar costs 1 Spirit vs the next level up, which costs 3. I would be fine with spending 3, but I'm not sure if I would need more Successes on the spell check.

No. In fact the reason spells require Spirit was because we specifically decided against Spell DC's in testing.

Edited by Duvors

10 minutes ago, CMP said:

51399929175_44b1412021_t.jpg

So, I don't know what I was expecting out of this party, but Bers having an angry, red killbot mode and Yissam♥ summoning Giygas from Earthbound were not what I was anticipating. :laugh:

haha yeah that is terrifying - also a cool idea for headshot to change when Bers goes into combat

Edited by karmajay

@Kintobor I think it would be a good idea to list the Spirit Ally's stats with the party so they don't have to constantly refer back to the Training Room to see what they are. Also, you need to roll a die to see if Merei's spell deals one damage to Raymond.

19 minutes ago, Duvors said:

@Kintobor I think it would be a good idea to list the Spirit Ally's stats with the party so they don't have to constantly refer back to the Training Room to see what they are. Also, you need to roll a die to see if Merei's spell deals one damage to Raymond.

So, just for future clarification, does Gravity Sink roll to see if it succeeds, followed by an additional roll to see if it deals damage, or is it just one roll?

The way it is written is that the pull happens no matter what, the damage is the roll. But I don’t know if that’s the intent, just how I’d read it.

Lots of new stuff to figure out! Happy I’m part of it / learning!

14 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

So, just for future clarification, does Gravity Sink roll to see if it succeeds, followed by an additional roll to see if it deals damage, or is it just one roll?

11 minutes ago, Zepher said:

The way it is written is that the pull happens no matter what, the damage is the roll. But I don’t know if that’s the intent, just how I’d read it.

Lots of new stuff to figure out! Happy I’m part of it / learning!

Zepher is correct, and this applies to all 'proficiency roll' spells. The underlined bit at the top is what you check to see if anything needs to be rolled, whereas the descriptions of the individual tiers tell you what happens automatically in return for specific amounts of spirit. I should point out that even for rolled-for effects, you still can't really 'fail' unless you get zero successes.

So, in this instance, seeing as how Merei's already succeeded on the roll, I'm just going to slap a point of damage on Raymond and call it there, if that's fine with all parties. :classic:

6 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Oh my lord, that is... absolutely... beautiful :grin_wub:

I'm so happy I got the party with all the weird, creepy shenanigans! :grin:
hell_yeah.jpeg