Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

On 5/4/2022 at 6:33 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

No bricks for physical building? :sad:

Yeah, thanks to a teeny tiny apartment with no closets! NYC ain't cheap!!

On 5/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, Khorne said:

I saw the avatar of the elven investigator on Flickr and I just love the vibe you've captured here, Lord Duvors. I love me a good mixture of film noir/sci-fi/cyberpunk/fantasy.

I can't say I've really kept up with all that's happening here, but I just wanted to pop in and compliment you on the builds (and others of course). I like seeing how Heroica 2.0 is developing its own (visual) identity.

Yes! Sorry you haven't been able to keep up, Khorne, always fun when you're around, but agreed: those are some cool builds, Duvors!

9 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I do apologise for being so absent; I have been dealing with more Depression than usual lately (I am not sure why). I was planning to reply later today (and to continue with the quest) but if the feeling is that my lapses in participation are disrupting the pace of the game for the other players, I can use this point to write Yelana out of the mission.

4 hours ago, Duvors said:

My personal view is that if you have enough energy to write the above, you have enough to respond in mission. You seem to have this belief that you have to respond directly to everything that's been written since the last time you posted. Believe me, you don't. You can do just fine with a single sentence reply to the most recent events. It doesn't even have to involve dialogue, you can just say what action you're taking. This is actually less disruptive than replying to things that the rest of the group has already moved on from.

Aye also this...

and I'd still love it if you kept participating and I completely understand what depression can do to a person, I can't judge for you what is best right now, either way it is okay.

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

Yeah, thanks to a teeny tiny apartment with no closets! NYC ain't cheap!!

Oof yeah, tell me about it, one of my cousins lived in a garage for a few years as his appartment and had to make use of a communal shower/bathroom, kitchen etc that was shared with many other folks just so he could live in a larger metropolitan area.

I'm quite jelly of the older generations, when they were around my age they would have a house and a family meanwhile I have to move back in with my family because although working fulltime it is unaffordable to live on my own ano 2022.

It's not as common here to have roommates although I feel that might be a good solution, at the same time I don't know how I feel about sharing an appartment with a stranger and I have no friends who'd be interested in that.

edit* I wouldn't want to juggle a second job but even if I did, as I work in healthcare with morning, evening or night shifts and literally every week having different shifts it is also not possible to have a second job along side it unless I make it some kind of at home hustle. I know a co-worker who runs a webshop alongside the job, eh but I also don't have the money to invest in a product etc. I used to be interested in TCG's and a friend recently showed me he was sitting on boxes worth like 1200.- a pop, but it's a bit of a gamble to invest in such a thing alongside needing money in order to make more of it. Sorry going of on a bit of a tangent here...

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

On 5/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Any advice? 

On 5/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Duvors said:

My personal view is that if you have enough energy to write the above, you have enough to respond in mission. You seem to have this belief that you have to respond directly to everything that's been written since the last time you posted. Believe me, you don't. You can do just fine with a single sentence reply to the most recent events. It doesn't even have to involve dialogue, you can just say what action you're taking. This is actually less disruptive than replying to things that the rest of the group has already moved on from.

While I agree with Duvors suggestion that you don't need to comment on everything, if you're not in the right headspace than roleplaying can be pretty tiring trying to stay in character. I would like to see you keep playing as part of the reason for waiting was to see Yelana respond to Polaris based on conversation you and I had. Not everything needs a response. Sometimes letting a conversation drop is fine. :classic:

On 5/17/2022 at 2:50 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I do apologise for being so absent; I have been dealing with more Depression than usual lately (I am not sure why). I was planning to reply later today (and to continue with the quest) but if the feeling is that my lapses in participation are disrupting the pace of the game for the other players, I can use this point to write Yelana out of the mission. 
@Kintobor: Any advice? 

On 5/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Duvors said:

This seems like the best advice at the moment...

On 5/18/2022 at 8:34 PM, Kintobor said:

While I agree with Duvors suggestion that you don't need to comment on everything, if you're not in the right headspace than roleplaying can be pretty tiring trying to stay in character. I would like to see you keep playing as part of the reason for waiting was to see Yelana respond to Polaris based on conversation you and I had. Not everything needs a response. Sometimes letting a conversation drop is fine. :classic:

Sorry to say this but at the pace the "mission " is progressing I seem to be indifferent at this time. When any update is like a week at a time, one starts to put any response on the back burner. I feel like well it will be another week before an update again so what is the rush. Sorry Kintobor, I know it is not really your fault, but I hope you see my point. Plus even if Classic_Spaceman does start responding to everything now I probably would just ignore it. :def_shrug:

48 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

This seems like the best advice at the moment...

Sorry to say this but at the pace the "mission " is progressing I seem to be indifferent at this time. When any update is like a week at a time, one starts to put any response on the back burner. I feel like well it will be another week before an update again so what is the rush. Sorry Kintobor, I know it is not really your fault, but I hope you see my point. Plus even if Classic_Spaceman does start responding to everything now I probably would just ignore it. :def_shrug:

Understandable. I’ve been shuffling plot beats in an effort to hurry things along so we can wrap up sooner, but I understand that my hope to involve everyone has dragged some of you along behind. My sincerest apologies.

I’ll have an update later tonight. I’m currently at work and when I get home I’ll be cooking dinner.

Thank you, WBD! Appreciate all the work you've put in! Hopeful we can keep it rolling - its a very interesting system to me!

19 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Happy 1 year anniversary folks! Look forward to more updates throughout the week!

Congratulations! WBD and everybody else.

Also @Classic_Spaceman we are missing you! :look: I hope you are doing alright. :blush:

One year already! Thank you to WBD, Duvors, and all the players and MMs who have made it happen!

Really cannot believe it's been a year, folks!  Much appreciation to those who helped develop Heroica 2.0 and to the wonderful players who breathe life into the game. 😊

Alright, updating the mission tomorrow and streamlining us to the ending. Sorry for the delays. I was not expecting the current situation I'm in to rear its ugly head, but I'm hopefully out of it. 

I am curious if we can get a headcount on the active players here.  I feel like it is only a few of us now, which totally breaks my heart, and was thinking as a result we be allowed to create an alt character or characters to breath a bit more life and activity to the game.  But we need more MM's haha.

We can also try to advertise the game on site if the admins are willing to help, or some other sites like Reddit or whatnot.

I'm still around! I stay logged off most of the time, but am still checking pretty regularly. I had a second Hart quest on the rocks but haven't really put any work into it over the past couple months for a variety of reasons - including the dying state of everything. IIRC the outline is basically finished (I wanted to put together a shorter venture after how long #7 was), there's just a few builds that would need to be worked on.

Absolutely still around! Just still don’t have the time to host :(. Would be happy to quest, but obviously that’s the easier end of things hahaha.

On 7/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, Yzalirk said:

I am curious if we can get a headcount on the active players here.  I feel like it is only a few of us now, which totally breaks my heart, and was thinking as a result we be allowed to create an alt character or characters to breath a bit more life and activity to the game.  But we need more MM's haha.

We can also try to advertise the game on site if the admins are willing to help, or some other sites like Reddit or whatnot.

Alive, here. Working on my own projects. I tried using Reddit for H2O - it did not work.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I am still technically around. I just haven't said anything. Still check the site at least once a day. Doesn't help the quest I was on is basically dead now. @Waterbrick Down I am guessing you haven't heard back from Kintobor and wanting to wait until your current quest is over to give any updates on that front... 

On 7/21/2022 at 7:30 AM, Yzalirk said:

I am not, not around, however the troubles during the Fix-It mission did admittably break me a little. It made me lose interest in my current character also :sad:, I'd be open to participate with a new character on a mission that gets atleast semi-regularly updated though, if anybody would like me to do so...

On 8/19/2022 at 6:31 PM, samurai-turtle said:

I am still technically around. I just haven't said anything. Still check the site at least once a day. Doesn't help the quest I was on is basically dead now. @Waterbrick Down I am guessing you haven't heard back from Kintobor and wanting to wait until your current quest is over to give any updates on that front... 

14 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I am not, not around, however the troubles during the Fix-It mission did admittably break me a little. It made me lose interest in my current character also :sad:, I'd be open to participate with a new character on a mission that gets atleast semi-regularly updated though, if anybody would like me to do so...

Hi Folks, I'll have an update on Kintobor's Mission tonight.

@Kintobor@Duvors@The Legonater@samurai-turtle@Dutch Thriceman@Endgame@Scubacarrot@Zepher

@CMP@Yzalirk@KotZ@Classic_Spaceman@karmajay@Peppermint_M@Khorne

Hi Folks,

This post is a long time coming, my apologies that it took this long to put up, I honestly wasn't sure how to craft it. The last 18 months have certainly been a rollercoaster of emotions for myself as it regards this game. Back when the idea sprung up to revive Heroica, I was hesitant at first. Life was very busy (still is) and the way the original Heroica fizzled out didn't leave me too excited to dive into a whole new storyline and ruleset. That being said as time went on and we as a group generated a new rule set, new lore, and a new community, I was grateful to have friends that I had made back in my life and the enthusiasm of creating a new game was palpable. In the long run, we lasted longer than I would have first anticipated and I'm glad we got through at least an even 10 missions. I'm sorry it was so short lived in comparison to the original game. I'm sure there could be a number of discussions had about why things slowed down and eventually died off, but I think what I want to emphasize is how once again this community surprised me and gave me another favorite memory of my time here. I know this isn't the ending many of us hoped for, but it's probably consistent with the way internet forums and communities are trending these days. I want to thank each and everyone of you who have played over the last 18 months and those who helped with so many things behind the scenes in lore development, discord discussions, trial missions, and so much more. I'm thankful for the time we had and hope you all are still able to tell stories and find outlets for your creativity in both Lego and roleplaying in other formats and outlets. I'm sure I'll check back in every once in a while, but I think for the time being we can assume that things have wrapped up. If folks want to continue having in character conversations in the hall just for a creative outlet, that's ok with me. At some point we'll lock those threads so things remain preserved for history without meddling, but I'll give it a little while longer. Again, and I can't stress this enough, for those who have spent countless hours, days, weeks, and months into this project, I have so much gratitude for you and hope you got out of it at least what you put in, if not exponentially more. It was a pleasure playing, mission mastering, and collaborating with each and every one of you.

Till we meet again,

Waterbrick Down

Thanks for the kind words, WBD!

I do really like what we all put together for Heroica: GatS. Our system was really good, and we had a lot of super cool ideas to play with. Unfortunately, it looks like timing wasn't in our favour. I know for me, GatS wound up peaking during one of the more stressful times in my life, and it doesn't seem like I was alone in that. And it's a shame that we were never going to get the sort of player-base we had in Heroica: Fantasy. But I'm glad that we gave it our all! We'd talked on and off about a sequel to Heroica for years and I think I can rest pretty well knowing that we tried. I, for one, am really proud that I got to pull off #7 with you all - in a time where I wasn't doing a lot creatively, that one stands out. Gotta look into actually DM'ing at some point now. I definitely have a lot of ideas for Hart in the back of my mind that need to be reworked (I had a Word document stuffed full of Hart puns for Quest titles. "Sgt. Piper's Lonely Hart Club Band" may have been my favourite). Thanks to everyone that made this brief return possible, especially the old folks who came back after all these years - it was truly a joy to play alongside you once again! Who knows, maybe we'll get the chance again, some day!

Time marches on, we get new responsibilities and less energy... Thanks for running it, for coming up with the whole idea. It was fun to play again. I know at the end I was pretty checked out. Between getting muddled up on how the grid worked and work piling new responsibilities onto me, I had barely time to more than check in on my staff stuff here on EB. 

So again, thanks for all the work you put into it and for the fun times once again.