Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

1 minute ago, The Legonater said:

Mortizar is now Santa Claus and Hart employees are all his elves. Hart already has a deer theme... This could work...

The Mysterious Static Figure is Jack Frost! :oh:

28 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

OoC: Because I hate interparty conflict and don't want to have a PvP combat, if you two want to just let him stay alive, as a player I can make that work. Valesia will simply be unhappy about it.

I hope this is conflict is still enjoyable for you guys! :blush: This dilemma is what I was building towards for the Mission and the roleplay has been awesome from you guys.

40 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I hope this is conflict is still enjoyable for you guys! :blush: This dilemma is what I was building towards for the Mission and the roleplay has been awesome from you guys.

Oh most definitely. I know Valesia's disdain for Invictus seems a little out of left field with her sweet persona earlier, but as I've considered her personal philosophy on life the more I'm realizing she probably does not inherently trust machinery or desire to become proficient with it. 

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

I've definitely been enjoying it! :sweet:

17 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I've definitely been enjoying it! :sweet:

Two missions with interparty conflict at the end, Soren just can't seem to catch a break. :laugh:

Just now, Waterbrick Down said:

Two missions with interparty conflict at the end, Soren just can't seem to catch a break. :laugh:

The problem is that Soren is a dick :laugh:

Soren's always going to take when he interprets as the path of least resistance which keeps putting him at odds with people. But then the path of least resistance usually becomes giving up and falling in line, so (hopefully!) he never actually becomes a party obstacle. 

7 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

The problem is that Soren is a dick :laugh:

Soren's always going to take when he interprets as the path of least resistance which keeps putting him at odds with people. But then the path of least resistance usually becomes giving up and falling in line, so (hopefully!) he never actually becomes a party obstacle. 

So his only conviction is to have no convictions? :laugh:

@Peppermint_M, you only need to invest two points to increase attributes regardless of what you're increasing it to. Only proficiencies scale in cost.

And so the first canon Heroica 2.0 Endgame boss makes his debut! :laugh: Let's see how this one goes.

20 minutes ago, Endgame said:

And so the first canon Heroica 2.0 Endgame boss makes his debut! :laugh: Let's see how this one goes.

You've neglected to add a range to the static cannon. :poke:

12 minutes ago, Duvors said:

You've neglected to add a range to the static cannon. :poke:

UNLIMITED.

Just kidding, it's long range. :tongue: Thanks for the catch!

Edited by Endgame

35 minutes ago, Endgame said:

I definitely should have taken into account that this would be an Endgame boss when Soren was making his decision, but somehow that totally slipped my mind. :laugh:

1 minute ago, The Legonater said:

I definitely should have taken into account that this would be an Endgame boss when Soren was making his decision, but somehow that totally slipped my mind. :laugh:

The loot for choosing to fight and take him down is good, I promise! :laugh:

Edited by Endgame

Dang it, WBD, you caught on that he had Gravity Sink. Well played. :tongue:

The original intent of the battle was that Invictus could use both of his weapons, but I goofed on that stat sheet on a fundamental rule, so fair's fair, he will have to swap. :classic: Going forward, would the "Innate" listing ala Mission 5's Glacier Mongers be the way to do it?

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

Dang it, WBD, you caught on that he had Gravity Sink. Well played. :tongue:

The original intent of the battle was that Invictus could use both of his weapons, but I goofed on that stat sheet on a fundamental rule, so fair's fair, he will have to swap. :classic: Going forward, would the "Innate" listing ala Mission 5's Glacier Mongers be the way to do it?

It would, though I tried to restrict it to more monster type enemies. It’s a key decision what weapon to use and having too many innate weapons end up making range kind of pointless outside of proficiencies.

@Waterbrick Down I am not sure if you would want to make any adjustments to my "new" post in the Training Center post concerning Roderick. For example the picture size, I don't know what happened their I just copied the link and came out big. Or any of his "speeches" I am fine with it. 

I've said it before, but I'm hopeful I'll be able to read all the other quests in full. Looks like a real dangerous and fun battle, Endgame. I sort of like how swingy combat can be - vitality is tough to come by! 

And a big shout out to my MM @The Legonater for letting me use some backstory and a skill check to add some flair to my character! Really appreciate that! A goodie and oldie collaborative story telling situation! Also, as much as I want to read the other quests, hope some people are following Mission #7. The Legonator and my fellow players are all really killing it.

7 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

@Waterbrick Down I am not sure if you would want to make any adjustments to my "new" post in the Training Center post concerning Roderick. For example the picture size, I don't know what happened their I just copied the link and came out big. Or any of his "speeches" I am fine with it. 

Fixed, yeah for some reason it resizes to 100x100 pixels on my desktop, but not the mobile. I swapped the link so everything should be good now.

6 hours ago, Zepher said:

And a big shout out to my MM @The Legonater for letting me use some backstory and a skill check to add some flair to my character! Really appreciate that! A goodie and oldie collaborative story telling situation! Also, as much as I want to read the other quests, hope some people are following Mission #7. The Legonator and my fellow players are all really killing it.

I learned it by watching you! :cry2: :laugh:

For real though, I'm super glad you guys are enjoying it so much. I'm already excited to talk more about it in detail when it eventually wraps up!

On 12/5/2021 at 3:42 AM, Endgame said:

The loot for choosing to fight and take him down is good, I promise! :laugh:

That may be, but we'll have to survive and take him down first :look:

And though i'm a couple of days late i too enjoyed that little interparty conflict, especially because we came together at the end of it anyways. 

Hey Quest #7! I'm prepared to move you guys forward if you're ready, I just don't want to rush you into a decision regarding the one capsule. Seemed like there was good tension going on and I didn't want to interrupt it. :laugh:

100%, @The Legonater! Merei stated her position, and then purposefully removed herself from the situation. @Kintobor, who wanted to destroy it, and @KotZ, who wanted to take it, do whatever makes the most sense to your characters! She knows what she is doing by stating intention and then leaving - trying to force your hand to respect her intent or ignore it, and any which way things break she will gain some intel, either about Hart or you guys, and she's happy with any information about anyone.