Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

17 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

OoC:

Reveal hidden contents

Next time double check the battle order because I was going before Aysu and all that would happen was I would "bump" into Aysu because she hasn't moved yet. And I would have to go back to ware I started. It happen in mission 2 once if you want to check it out especially what Water Brick Down might do. 

What actions you are talking about? The only one I can think about right now is casting a spell and I don't think ai want to that yet.

Rally and defend! They're both really good - honestly I'm not a big math person but I think maybe a lot of people rallying one attacker might be MORE effective than a bunch of people attacking independently!

51 minutes ago, Zepher said:

Rally and defend! They're both really good - honestly I'm not a big math person but I think maybe a lot of people rallying one attacker might be MORE effective than a bunch of people attacking independently!

If one is not sure what the other players are doing it could be a waste. Especially if you are posting before everyone else. And if someone might have some plan in the works it could backfire some how. Your thinking might be ok for a single enemy. But if their is multiple enemies keeping them occupied might be a better idea. 

3 hours ago, Zepher said:

It all has to do with how high an enemy's Skill and Armor mod are. If they're low, you'll actually have better odds of doing damage because each hero add's an auto-success from their weapon. If the skill is high compared to your proficiency, your best bet is rallying.

We finally got this classic meme in this RPG, I shall now leave and never return.

PzlsQC3.png

On 10/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, Endgame said:

MM Note: Moving things along for now. @Khorne, i can give you another 24 hours before I have to move you back to the Hall - hope everything is alright on your end!

@Endgame: If you need an additional party member, I am available and interested. I had been sleeping terribly for the past week, but I am back on-schedule now, so I should be able to participate regularly. 👍

Hall updated with new rumors, hero info, and mission info. Preview of new searchable PDF rulebook with less crammed layout, pictures, and diagrams:

51571281686_682d812615_c.jpg

I appreciate you letting me pull some hijinks, Kinto, but I didn't realize I'd be sending the loot crashing with them. :laugh: Makes total sense, just didn't think it out. Hopefully the rest of the party isn't too upset with me over it - I just didn't see us winning a punch-for-punch fight at that point. :blush:

2 minutes ago, Zepher said:

I appreciate you letting me pull some hijinks, Kinto, but I didn't realize I'd be sending the loot crashing with them. :laugh: Makes total sense, just didn't think it out. Hopefully the rest of the party isn't too upset with me over it - I just didn't see us winning a punch-for-punch fight at that point. :blush:

I anticipated the possibility of people getting thrown off the speeders. Gheyns initially had Gravity Sink as a spell in their arsenal, and when I realized the implications I removed it. Initially it was to pull you guys closer to them, but throwing people off of the speeder felt a little too cruel from a game managing perspective, and I didn't want to just outright kill characters because they got targeted with a spell.

I have a lot to say about Mission 4, but my outlook is that since you didn't drop any of the enemy combatants to zero vitality during the second wave, they didn't drop their loot.

8 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I have a lot to say about Mission 4, but my outlook is that since you didn't drop any of the enemy combatants to zero vitality during the second wave, they didn't drop their loot.

I 100% agree! I think that’s totally fair - I just didn’t think it out beforehand haha!

On 10/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, samurai-turtle said:

@Waterbrick Down I noticed that @Alix character hasn't been put on the first post in the Hall yet. 

Thanks for noticing on my behalf :classic:

I had this awful dream someone joined the game by just posting a comment in-character in a mission and it became very obvious very quickly that they were a troll just clogging up the thread.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

I had this awful dream someone joined the game by just posting a comment in-character in a mission and it became very obvious very quickly that they were a troll just clogging up the thread.

I'm fairly certain that happened at one point in Heroica: Fantasy. :laugh:

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I'm fairly certain that happened at one point in Heroica: Fantasy. :laugh:

I remember that happening on a quest I was on and Sandy came down with a ban hammer. 

Poor KotZ, I’m pretty sure it was one of their first quests.

28 minutes ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin signs up for Mission #8 before leaving the hall.

ooc: It looks like a bunch of people are signed up for #7 so I did not. If I need to go on mission #7 to mix up parties I'm fine with that as well! :)

Feel free to sign up for both! :sweet: Unless there's a mission you have no interest in joining, sign up for as many as you like. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

Kirwin signs up for Mission #8 before leaving the hall.

ooc: It looks like a bunch of people are signed up for #7 so I did not. If I need to go on mission #7 to mix up parties I'm fine with that as well! :)

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Feel free to sign up for both! :sweet: Unless there's a mission you have no interest in joining, sign up for as many as you like. :thumbup:

Here to ditto Kint; feel free to sign up for #7!

I've updated my characters appearance, a bit closer to how I originally envisioned him, the armor is what I wanted to use originally but didn't have at the time and the face is supposed to be this bright display screen upon which a face is projected. I also took the pic with the in the last mission newly acquired sawn-off haha.

51618263569_33aca16aee_m.jpg

51618244124_521a330ee7_z.jpg

I figured to wait till after the mission was over to update the character.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

What is the mechanism/process out of combat for skill checks that use a tool? For ex, if I have both a utility belt and a hacking chip - I can only "wear" one at a time but in non combat is there any reason I can't just pull the 2nd one out of my bag and use it for the bonus? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I've updated my characters appearance, a bit closer to how I originally envisioned him, the armor is what I wanted to use originally but didn't have at the time and the face is supposed to be this bright display screen upon which a face is projected. I also took the pic with the in the last mission newly acquired sawn-off haha

Very nice, I've update his photo in the hall. :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, karmajay said:

What is the mechanism/process out of combat for skill checks that use a tool? For ex, if I have both a utility belt and a hacking chip - I can only "wear" one at a time but in non combat is there any reason I can't just pull the 2nd one out of my bag and use it for the bonus? Thanks!

Not really but you might want to indicate you are using it for a little bit. Combat would be a different story, I think you wound need to equip the item that might take a round on combat. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

I've updated my characters appearance, a bit closer to how I originally envisioned him, the armor is what I wanted to use originally but didn't have at the time and the face is supposed to be this bright display screen upon which a face is projected. I also took the pic with the in the last mission newly acquired sawn-off haha.

Where is that head from? It looks familiar to me. 

1 hour ago, karmajay said:

It's a little Mission Master dependent. Most of the time I assume my players are switching between tools, but they also include using the tool in their description. The exception to this may be when they are trying to be covert or stealthy.

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Very nice, I've update his photo in the hall. :thumbup:

Thanks!

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Where is that head from? It looks familiar to me. 

I think I got it from the CMF Space Theme Bounty Hunter figure.

Whoops, was messing around with post formats and accidentally hit the enter button. Could someone delete my quest page?