Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

17 minutes ago, Yzalirk said:

Welcome @Alix!  Feel free to sign up for Mission #6 in the Hall! :thumbup:

Will do, though it'll have to wait until tomorrow. 

I never thought I would be playing the snooty soccer mom demanding to speak to the manager, but here we are. :laugh:

Edited by Kintobor

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I never thought I would be playing the snooty soccer mom demanding to speak to the manager, but here we are. :laugh:

So often, our characters never quite land where we thought they would. :laugh:

On a different topic, as I'm prepping the next rules revision and the Classes, does anyone have a preference in how to organize them? Alphabetical, Proficiency, "role"?

1 minute ago, Waterbrick Down said:

So often, our characters never quite land where we thought they would. :laugh:

The moment I realized I could actually pull of a "I wish to speak to the manager" moment and have it fit in line with Zaria's deity I was kind of sold, honestly. :tongue: Of course Varuth would consider lodging a complaint a holy act, you're essentially bringing the staff of a company divine judgment. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

On a different topic, as I'm prepping the next rules revision and the Classes, does anyone have a preference in how to organize them? Alphabetical, Proficiency, "role"?

I don't mind the current layout of the rules, I just feel like there's some information that needs a bit more clarification.

9 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I don't mind the current layout of the rules, I just feel like there's some information that needs a bit more clarification.

No problem, my question was more on how to organize the classes.

6 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

I think alphabetical order is fine in this instance.

21 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

They're already organized alphabetically, so no big deal there. However there is one thing I'd like to do before you go ahead and add them.

11 minutes ago, Duvors said:

They're already organized alphabetically, so no big deal there. However there is one thing I'd like to do before you go ahead and add them.

No worries, my current plan is to use slides similar to Heroica Fantasy (albeit a little smaller since there aren't as many rules for each class).

To the members of Mission 1, thank you for your patience with your fellow players, this has been a lot of running for each of you separately. 

I understand this maybe wasn't your initial intention with the mission, WBD, but I'm having a good time. :classic:

20 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

To the members of Mission 1, thank you for your patience with your fellow players, this has been a lot of running for each of you separately. 

6 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I understand this maybe wasn't your initial intention with the mission, WBD, but I'm having a good time. :classic:

Yeah, it's been a wild ride with a lot of moving parts and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all falls into place! 

@Duvors I sort of only skimmed mission 2 & 3, so following the opening of 5 is my personal introduction to Enson! I'm really enjoying him, with his good nature and reserved official manner. Just seems really charming, and I really like the way his proficiencies tell a story about him, as well as his selected spells.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Zaria "Karen-ara"! :laugh:

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

No problem - I just hope that I have not derailed your plans with Yelana's personal side-quest! 😬

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

3 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Yeah, it's been a wild ride with a lot of moving parts and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how it all falls into place! 

As am I, and I agree! 👍

9 hours ago, Zepher said:

@Duvors I sort of only skimmed mission 2 & 3, so following the opening of 5 is my personal introduction to Enson! I'm really enjoying him, with his good nature and reserved official manner. Just seems really charming, and I really like the way his proficiencies tell a story about him, as well as his selected spells.

Thank you! I very much wanted to play a character who gets along well with others, and mechanically I wanted to focus on support, so I'm glad that all comes across well.

12 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

No problem - I just hope that I have not derailed your plans with Yelana's personal side-quest! 😬

Not at all, you three are doing just fine and the last bit of conversation there where everyone is trying to get on the same page is just perfect. I'm hoping no one is IRL upset, but the character development is just superb. :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, CMP said:

"Easy! Tune that terminal into Ætherspace Channel 745.711.198, would you?"

With a grin, Yissam♥ fiddles with the AV Rig, having it float over to the side of the desk to get both she and Uliz in the frame. With one hand, she pops open the fizzing tab of her Essence of Glibness, sipping it with the practiced poise of someone who's done many soda advertisement. With her other hand, she gestures the party to come over.

"Alright gang, get in the shot, get in the shot, looks like we're doing this!! Ahh, the fans are gonna LOVE this. Everyone speak up if you've got something to say, their attention spans are like plasma mosquitos. We are on in five-"

Wiping a smudge off of her stony hair and adjusting her cape, Yissam♥ takes a very deep breath.

"-four- three- two- HAAAAIYAAAA!! WELCOME BACK, SSAMIES!! You are watching YES It’s YISSAM on Ætherspace Channel 745.711.198, Akharif’s 45th most popular streaming sensation!! 20 hours a rotation, 7 days a week, 100 times the Yissam♥!!!"

She flashes a wink at the AV Rig and sweeps her cape behind her to show off her surroundings. On her eye-watering Ætherspace Channel, there are dozens on dozens of flashing animations, filters, and flying icons every time Yissam♥ so much as lifts a pinky. The screen is shaking in time with non-existent bass as colored lights that are definitely not actually there flash in the background.

"I am hitting you up LIVE from the sprawling capitalist hellscape of Cosmopli! But this ain't your average everyday Oblique Politique Critique stream: this surprise stream is courtesy of The Squad, my elite team of shock-artists, floor-busters, and rabble-rousing Party Lords! BERS, the Minibar! KIRWIN, the DJ! MEREI, the Spotlight! And we're joined here for this stream by our ultra special guest, ULIZ, the GUARDIAN OF PARTYTIN'!"

The names and designation she's spitting out fly by on stream. When she reaches Uliz, the screen seems to shake and explode, detonating as though as it was at the heart of a supernova. The pieces of video footage rapidly re-assemble themselves afterward. The visual effects are impressive if migraine-inducing. 

"And as you might have guessed, we are here today to drop a PARTY BOMB!! On two VERY special guests waiting just upstairs! To get there, Yissam♥ needs your help, Ssamies! Uliz is bound not to let us with anything less than Extreme Ultra Maximum Part Levels- so do your favorite Stratitarian streamer a favor and FILL! THAT! CHAT!"

Yissam♥ points to and winks at the camera. Indeed, even on this short notice, the stream's chat is utterly flooded in response to her performance.

I don't think I ever imagined we'd get something like this in Heroica. :roflmao: