Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry to contradict WBD, but I did establish the location of White Knight pretty explicitly when I wrote them.:sceptic:

Good catch, thanks!

The species list is in the Embassy - in the Rules and FAQ is says Hall of Records - it made it challenging to find! :)

Hey - poking my head in to say that you guys did an incredible job with all of this. I haven't gotten the chance to dig deep yet, but I'm super impressed with the world that you've built.

You might just see a character of mine in the Hall soon. :wink:

I wasn't part of the development Discord - I'm guessing Quest Zero has been de-canonized, right?

2 hours ago, karmajay said:

The species list is in the Embassy - in the Rules and FAQ is says Hall of Records - it made it challenging to find! :)

Fixed, thanks!

47 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Hey - poking my head in to say that you guys did an incredible job with all of this. I haven't gotten the chance to dig deep yet, but I'm super impressed with the world that you've built.

I wasn't part of the development Discord - I'm guessing Quest Zero has been de-canonized, right?

Looking forward to it. :excited:And yes, Quest Zero while saved for posterity, is currently considered non-canon.

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

And yes, Quest Zero while saved for posterity, is currently considered non-canon.

It is? I was under the impression that it was being treated like the old Star Wars EU - Loosely canon unless directly contradicted. That is how I have been considering it, at least. 

18 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It is? I was under the impression that it was being treated like the old Star Wars EU - Loosely canon unless directly contradicted. That is how I have been considering it, at least.

We could still say the overall concept of the quest was the same, sans a few contradictory elements. :classic:

2 hours ago, Endgame said:

Let's build characters who don't accidentally wind up being incredibly distance relatives this time, okay? :tongue:

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

We could still say the overall concept of the quest was the same, sans a few contradictory elements. :classic:

Sorry non-canon is a bit too strong, I guess I'd rather it be not so much that it didn't exist, more that references in game to the events should be limited and fairly generic for the time being.

I was waiting for someone to destroy the front doors of the hall, as is tradition. :laugh:

Looking at the Hi-Pluvvon entry in the library, i don't think 'uninhabital' is a real word. And in Recivec's entry the last instance of Cricet isn't capitalized. Also, the Daraki entry in the Embassy says 'submitted themselves with the Empire's rising star', which I presume is a mistake.

By the way, @Waterbrick Down, would you mind making some slides for the League and the Empire in the style of the Kossian one? I'd like to make a post containing the lore from here as it provides a lot of necessary context for information elsewhere.

Edited by Duvors

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Sorry non-canon is a bit too strong, I guess I'd rather it be not so much that it didn't exist, more that references in game to the events should be limited and fairly generic for the time being.

I would be fine with being a couple of years ago. But I get why you would not want it around. 

5 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I was waiting for someone to destroy the front doors of the hall, as is tradition. :laugh:

I thought the floor was the only thing damaged. :wink: 

18 hours ago, Kintobor said:

This is what I was thinking - The major story beats occurred, but minor details/dialogue/etc can be retconned without issue. 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I would be fine with being a couple of years ago. 

I actually consider it to have taken place roughly one week before the main game launched (See Yelana's comment about just having gotten back from her first Heroica mission about a week ago), so that @Duvors and I can continue with our characters more-or-less as they were in Mission Zero, and so that @Endgame can pick up where he left off with worldbuilding elements (e.g. Cydonians, etc). 

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I would be fine with being a couple of years ago. 

Also, Heroica has only existed (in-universe) for two years, so this interpretation would probably complicate the timeline a bit. 😕

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I actually consider it to have taken place roughly one week before the main game launched (See Yelana's comment about just having gotten back from her first Heroica mission about a week ago), so that @Duvors and I can continue with our characters more-or-less as they were in Mission Zero, and so that @Endgame can pick up where he left off with worldbuilding elements (e.g. Cydonians, etc). 

Also, Heroica has only existed (in-universe) for two years, so this interpretation would probably complicate the timeline a bit. 😕

Maybe a few months would be better. 

It could of been it wasn't fully established. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Spelling

6 hours ago, Duvors said:

Looking at the Hi-Pluvvon entry in the library, i don't think 'uninhabital' is a real word. And in Recivec's entry the last instance of Cricet isn't capitalized. Also, the Daraki entry in the Embassy says 'submitted themselves with the Empire's rising star', which I presume is a mistake.

By the way, @Waterbrick Down, would you mind making some slides for the League and the Empire in the style of the Kossian one? I'd like to make a post containing the lore from here as it provides a lot of necessary context for information elsewhere.

All fixed. Slides added, let me know what text you want in the spoilers.

Exactly when something happened isn't really that important and is kinda impossible to determine in this game anyway. We actually had it cannon in the previous game that the magic that protected heroes from death also warped time in order to account for all the inconsistencies.

11 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

All fixed. Slides added, let me know what text you want in the spoilers.

To be honest I'll probably use those slides in a separate 'major nations' post. There's a lot of stuff in those entries and I don't want to lengthen the general 'locations' entry more than need be. Leave them for now and I'll get to it sometime tomorrow.

Reveal hidden contents

@Waterbrick Down

Can Proficiencies be used in the Hall? If so, this would be a Perception check (with Farsight Goggles equipped). 

So the hall is merely for roleplaying. If individual players want to settle something between them through the use of stats and mechanics that's ok, but there is no arbitration from a Mission Master.

12 minutes ago, Duvors said:

(OOC: Even if you could, which I doubt, WBD is the wrong person to ask. This is all something @samurai-turtle has done on their own initiative without WBD's involvement.)

Duvors is correct here. For player created content (such as the cyborg) it's up to the original creator to dictate what is discoverable or doable with their creation. That being said, the Hall topic is not for extensive world building or quasi adventures. You can tell stories, share information, include little roleplaying bits like food/baubles/souvenirs/equipment/trophies/etc., but please do not go driving a tank into the building or destroying walls/NPC's and expect other people to interact with what you're saying. @samurai-turtle's small scuffle is about the extent of player generated events allowable. If there are any questions about whether something is too much to try and do in the Hall, send me a PM and we can discuss. :)

14 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Exactly when something happened isn't really that important and is kinda impossible to determine in this game anyway. We actually had it cannon in the previous game that the magic that protected heroes from death also warped time in order to account for all the inconsistencies.

To be honest I'll probably use those slides in a separate 'major nations' post. There's a lot of stuff in those entries and I don't want to lengthen the general 'locations' entry more than need be. Leave them for now and I'll get to it sometime tomorrow.

No problem, I've reserved a post for the new category. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll fill it in.

I based Zaria's character concept around the concept of "everyone's cool mom", but I'm also totally cool if Valesia and Zaria are "everyone's cool aunts". :poke:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

I based Zaria's character concept around the concept of "everyone's cool mom", but I'm also totally cool if Valesia and Zaria are "everyone's cool aunts". :poke:

I feel like you always play the "everyone's cool X". Not that that's a bad thing, it's a fun character that you play well!

4 minutes ago, KotZ said:

I feel like you always play the "everyone's cool X". Not that that's a bad thing, it's a fun character that you play well!

Out of curiosity, what does that make Karie in terms of "everyone's cool X"?

Just now, Kintobor said:

Out of curiosity, what does that make Karie in terms of "everyone's cool X"?

Karie is "everyone's cool family friend that isn't actually family but is always there."

1 minute ago, KotZ said:

Karie is "everyone's cool family friend that isn't actually family but is always there."

I mean, fair. :thumbup: There were few people in the Hall I think Karie had an issue with, and she was very easy to get along with, even if she was very argumentative.

With Zaria, I'm hoping to explore some new ground. Part of me wanted to come in with another showboat PC, another entertainer turned hero, but I wanted something else this time around. Originally I considered Zaria being chimeran so she'd be a literal "mama bear", but I didn't have the parts, and I'm hoping to eventually recreate Zaria once I can get my Lego collection back, as WBD built her current figure.

40 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

I mean, fair. :thumbup: There were few people in the Hall I think Karie had an issue with, and she was very easy to get along with, even if she was very argumentative.

Dyric and Thothwick say hi. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

Dyric and Thothwick say hi. :laugh:

Boomers would be waving as well. :tongue:

I suppose Karie and Dyric did come to amends by the end, though.

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

So the hall is merely for roleplaying. If individual players want to settle something between them through the use of stats and mechanics that's ok, but there is no arbitration from a Mission Master.

Duvors is correct here. For player created content (such as the cyborg) it's up to the original creator to dictate what is discoverable or doable with their creation. That being said, the Hall topic is not for extensive world building or quasi adventures.

OK - Thank you. 👍

3 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

No problem, I've reserved a post for the new category. Just let me know when you're ready and I'll fill it in.

Could we have a section devoted to the unique foods and beverages of the universe? I ask, since between the number of references to foods/drinks, the fact that one of our PCs is a chef, and my own personal interest in food, the culinary lore of the game is going to expand quickly! I would like a place to describe things in more detail (outside of RP), and that can facilitate a degree of continuity. 

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Duvors is correct here. For player created content (such as the cyborg) it's up to the original creator to dictate what is discoverable or doable with their creation. That being said, the Hall topic is not for extensive world building or quasi adventures. You can tell stories, share information, include little roleplaying bits like food/baubles/souvenirs/equipment/trophies/etc., but please do not go driving a tank into the building or destroying walls/NPC's and expect other people to interact with what you're saying. @samurai-turtle's small scuffle is about the extent of player generated events allowable. If there are any questions about whether something is too much to try and do in the Hall, send me a PM and we can discuss. :)

I feel like I answered @Classic_Spaceman question. That he (or she) was probably not going to get much out of the "cyborg". The only thing I am hinting at it wasn't working alone. 

Mostly what I was going for is a background story for my character. (Witch I just told some more of). And I liked the idea of a street fight breaking into the "bar" it usually seems to go the other way, a fight in the "bar" spills out into the street. What is a story (or tall tail) if not quasi adventure? Alright I won't fight you on that. So no capital ships smashing into the space station (not that I have that planned at any point). 

Besides I am starting to get the idea that if some of you don't like the idea. You will just scream "it is not cannon". :sceptic: And then part of wants to say I will show you a cannon...:cannon: