Lego David

Best of LEGO Bootlegs

A topic to share the most bizarre or hilarious LEGO Bootlegs/Knock-offs  you happen to come across, or see online. 

Here are a few hilarious ones I found:

3 hours ago, Lego David said:

So why is Maui attempting suicide by falling into shark infested waters? Also it seems that they have some problematic climate change on this planet...thing. :grin:

3 hours ago, Lego David said:

And say what you will but I love Justice Magician series. They're so good! All those movies and books and prequels. My only complaint is that Lego has decided to copy it by making some Harry Potter series which is clearly a knock-off. :damn:

8 hours ago, Lego David said:

A topic to share the most bizarre or hilarious LEGO Bootlegs/Knock-offs  you happen to come across, or see online.

Nice one!

Actually, I love the Punk Death Star, which is no Death Star at all anymore!

How about adding "superior" to the list of bizarre and hilarious? That's fun as well!

Best
Thorsten

1 minute ago, Toastie said:

How about adding "superior" to the list of bizarre and hilarious? That's fun as well!

Sure thing! If you've got anything good to share, go ahead! 

Edited by Lego David

I was waiting for this - but I am unprepared. Let me take some photographs (amateur style) tomorrow and throw them in here, before the mods realize ...

Nice. Thanks a lot!

Have a good one :pir-huzzah2:

Best
Thorsten

Hallo. I a mod have noticed. Imma zap this to community before some pedant gets their panties in a twist.

Hee hee - da mods ... but is good here as well da thread! :pir-wink:

Superior sets: One is for me Mould King's 13138 pirate ship The Flying Dutchman ... >never< had such a nice building experience AND fun looking at it after finishing - every day. I rigged her up a bit - this is I believe not anywhere close to the original - but I could not care less. Nor do I know how to do that rigging in a decent manner, just tried it from a "securing" masts and yards standpoint. Again: Because I like it.

No minifigs in this set as this is meant to be a model; clutch power of the plates and bricks stronger than TLGs pieces - which is very good for modeling. For example, the balls/socket joints used in the bow section are such tight that they hardly turn when attached. Perfect for smoothly "forming" that delicate "mouth" region. Also, the bow/bowsprit section becomes much more stable with some rigging using to bobstays which I added for just that purpose to the bowsprit. By the way, no ghost appeared nor did the model fall into ashes when I used original LEGO pieces for that purpose ... also for that little water bed - the ships is on a nice stand, but I wanted it "afloat" ...

3650 pieces, the set runs anywhere from 100 to 200 €. I ordered mine from BlueBrixx as I like the folks over there for 160 € incl. Perfect handling, perfect shipping, nice box, clean instructions. I am (still) impressed, even after 5 months (that box arrived Christmas ...)

flying_dutchman_front_small.jpg

flying_dutchman_side_small.jpg

Best
Thorsten

I joined the blue team and I have no regrets

https://www.bluebrixx.com/en/pirates/104122/Galleon-BlueBrixx-Pro

https://www.bluebrixx.com/en/architecture/102818/Bluestone-Castle-BlueBrixx-Special

https://www.bluebrixx.com/en/architecture/103301/Western-Fort-BlueBrixx-Special

You know these wipe the floor with a lot of Lego D2Cs

Mould King has some really neat stuff too

https://www.yourwobb.com/products/mould-king-16037-sanctorum?variant=39670779642012

This isn't a knockoff of Lego 76108- they used the facade as inspiration and made it into a Modular Building.

Edited by CopperTablet

On 5/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, Toastie said:

flying_dutchman_front_small.jpg

''Fifteen men on the Dead Man's chest, yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!'' *insert Mr. Gibbs laughing*

So this is what she looks like, nice water diorama there. I've seen a few but this one's new. It's good, aye, but I'm guessing they just took a fan design and made it into a set. Nonetheless, she's a vessel (those green cannons are quite interesting). :pir-huzzah2:

31 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

It's good, aye, but I'm guessing they just took a fan design and made it into a set

Yes she really is!

Would you or anyone here on EB know whose MOC this set is based on or even is? I looked around for some time now but to no avail. There are many "remotely similar" (all from Clone Brands) designs, but nothing as go as this one. IMHO of course. Love to get in touch and tell her/him, how much I love this ship!

All the best, here is to feeling good :pir-huzzah2:!

Thorsten

4 hours ago, Toastie said:

Would you or anyone here on EB know whose MOC this set is based on or even is? I looked around for some time now but to no avail. There are many "remotely similar" (all from Clone Brands) designs, but nothing as go as this one. IMHO of course. Love to get in touch and tell her/him, how much I love this ship!

Does this one have an octopus mould attached on the back?

I'm thinking this one:

6086.png

18 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Does this one have an octopus mould attached on the back?

It does:

flyingdutchmanback.jpg

My maybe-son-in-law (one never knows) found it funny to attach the two (pearl golden) goblets onto the octopus, way before I had to attach it to the back - without telling me. So these two goblets were "missing" during the build - but I had some "originals" in my LEGO storage facility :pir-wink:. Even when I attached the octopus, I initially did not notice. Well, found that funny as well and left them there:

(Sorry for the bad picture quality - sloped walls in the way)

flyingdutchmanoctopus.jpg

Best wishes,
Thorsten

7 hours ago, Toastie said:

It does:

flyingdutchmanback.jpg

This explains quite a lot. Lego POTC video game had a version of The Flying Dutchman and it had the very same octopus on the back. Someone must've made digital model, like with the Pearl and afterwards it was copied by Chinese manufacturers.

Here is the supposed game version:

6169229644_8568e5fe0c_z.jpg

It seems that they have changed few things on the ship which you'll most notably notice.

Oh wow! Thanks a million! This certainly is the "original"!!!

Well the Chinese even made these rope pulley (don't know what they are called correctly) pieces, so that you can attach the ropes nicely. Also - I believe my rigging is not >that< bad. I also rearranged these pulleys a bit - otherwise the small cannons would shoot them to shreds - and I see that this was done in the original as well!

Now it is time for me to find a copy of that game - I don't do any games, but I would certainly like to see more of her! And find more pictures.

Such a >great< find (for me personally)!!!

Thank you very much again, sir!

All the best,
Thorsten 

P.S.: Just fired of the Google: The game runs on Win10 - oh man.

Edited by Toastie

23 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Oh wow! Thanks a million! This certainly is the "original"!!!

Well the Chinese even made these rope pulley (don't know what they are called correctly) pieces, so that you can attach the ropes nicely. Also - I believe my rigging is not >that< bad. I also rearranged these pulleys a bit - otherwise the small cannons would shoot them to shreds - and I see that this was done in the original as well!

Now it is time for me to find a copy of that game - I don't do any games, but I would certainly like to see more of her! And find more pictures.

Such a >great< find (for me personally)!!!

Thank you very much again, sir!

All the best,
Thorsten 

P.S.: Just fired of the Google: The game runs on Win10 - oh man.

You're welcome, game is a lot of fun and has bunch of cool characters, ship models, jokes and puzzles to spend many hours on, oh, and after you collect enough gold bricks, there is a certain surpirse awaiting, a gentle nod to the classic POTC ride... :wink:

And as we are in the right thread without getting in deep trouble: Here's the Pearl - on the top left. On the right is TLGs Silent Mary - again a wonderful ship. I removed all that stuff for setting her up standing on a shelf - mine is attached to the wall using some Technic parts - and so I could "close" the hull a bit more than in the original:

flyingd_bpearl_silentm_1_small.jpg

And a side view:

flyingd_bpearl_silentm_2_small.jpg

And here's the 39,99 Pearl a little retrofitted. I glued some black bell wire to the outline of the sails, so that they could be massaged into the right shape and added some additional parts to the front and back sections.

blackpearl_small.jpg

Best
Thorsten

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

And as we are in the right thread without getting in deep trouble: Here's the Pearl - on the top left. On the right is TLGs Silent Mary - again a wonderful ship. I removed all that stuff for setting her up standing on a shelf - mine is attached to the wall using some Technic parts - and so I could "close" the hull a bit more than in the original:

flyingd_bpearl_silentm_1_small.jpg

Here I was thinking that your Silent Mary floats in the air. :grin:

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

I glued some black bell wire to the outline of the sails, so that they could be massaged into the right shape and added some additional parts to the front and back sections.

Chinese sails don't hold up well, do they?

Honestly, as I've browsed Aliexpress few times to find some fun bootlegs, I've never found Brick Bounty, not even once. All I can find is some weird mix between the Pearl and Queen Anne:

s-l300.jpg

81rXDaAhF4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those figures are way too funny. :roflmao: