evancelt

[COR - CH IV - CAT D] Sil Channel Crossing

While the recent Terraversa peace treaty split the town of Sillitholina between Oleon and the Commonwealth of Terraversa, the Atwi recognize that the river is a free trade zone and establish a ferry market.

View of the south shore, where merchants get ready to board the ferry. Juhgi is lost in thought staring at water rippling over a rock in the River Sil, accordion music in the background from the ferry.

ferry-1.jpg

Spoiler

This is my half of the Cat D collab with @Ross Fisher. He used a black backdrop on his and I wanted to use a white backdrop to highlight the good guys :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

The graduation in the water is really very well done here, and as I mentioned on Ross', the docking space with the sand spilling over into the water gives the whole build a great dash of color :thumbup:  Great job with the barge and combos on the fishmonger too! :pir-classic:

A well-done collaborative build. Both parts go well together.

A nice addition to the other half of the collab. The water is really well done. I like how it gradually goes lighter. I also love the terrain work on the sand "breaking through" the stone wall/pier. I also liked how you not only used reddish brown for the ferry, but also added some dark red and nougat. It makes it less dull to look at, as most reddish brown-only builds can be somewhat monotonous at times.

Nice idea and beautifully executed! I especially like the part where the river meets the ground. Good luck to you and Ross!