the Inventor

[MOC] Johnny Thunder, friends and foes and a new car

Hello, Adventures is one of my favorite themes, a couple of weeks ago I made some reimagined figures:

51167902686_38b6707afd_c.jpgJohnny Thunder, friends and foes by Ids, on Flickr

This weekend I also finished a new car for Johnny Thunder, it was quite difficult to use that grill piece (which is 2 wide in a 5 wide bonnet with also 2 wide mudguards on each side).

I am quite Happy how it turned out, let me hear what you think:

51183177761_f08848d93d_c.jpgExpedition start! by Ids, on Flickr

51182508612_c6a03f33ef_c.jpgExpedition start!! by Ids, on Flickr

51183196371_a456acaa6e_c.jpgExpedition start!!! by Ids, on Flickr

Ah, another Adventurers MOC. Jolly good builds. It's funny seeing Baron Von Barron dressed as a Scotsman while, I believe he was German (I might be wrong). :grin:

Cool 5 wide design. 

And looks like we had similar ideas for motorcycles. 

Also love the recreation of the hieroglyphic pillar from the original desert theme.

Love that car, and the film camera looks ace!

Adventurers builds always hit right in the feels.

Thanks for all the comments.

22 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Ah, another Adventurers MOC. Jolly good builds. It's funny seeing Baron Von Barron dressed as a Scotsman while, I believe he was German (I might be wrong). :grin:

Yes dressed as a Scotsman, I was looking for alternative headgear instead of the top hat, maybe I should build a Scottish castle for him where he keeps his treasure or an Scottish adventure :dsweet:

22 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Cool 5 wide design. 

And looks like we had similar ideas for motorcycles. 

Also love the recreation of the hieroglyphic pillar from the original desert theme.

It was a bit of a pain to get that nice 5 wide design but I like the end result, and the motorcycle was empty without those bags. 

23 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Love that car, and the film camera looks ace!

Adventurers builds always hit right in the feels.

Thanks, the filmcamera uses this piece: BrickLink - Part 4736 : Lego Minifigure Jet Pack with Stud On Front [Minifigure, Body Wear] - BrickLink Reference Catalog with a paint roller and a couple of extra bricks, was really fun to design it.

Absolutely fantastic! Beside that great car, I love the motorcycle with dual front light, and that fantastic anubis statue design in the first pic!

Lovely figures and great way of building that camera. The obelisk steals the show here for me. What an excellent piece usage there. I love seeing this modern interpretation of the Adventurers theme. I always loved that as a kid and I think I've got all of the sets.

The way you build the car is inspiring and I love the design in general, even though it feels a bit too "modern" for Johny Thunder to me, but that's just my personal taste.

What an incredible build! It captures all the swashbuckling thrill of the original adventurers wayyyy back when, in a sleek and updated style. It brings back nostalgia in the best way too - adventurers set was my first lego set. What a throwback!

Thanks for all the new replies and front paging my build, glad you all like it.

Now I just need to use it in some build, I have some ideas, but It will likely take some time. :laugh:

Loved the adventures theme and it would be great if they brought it back, however I know it is extremely unlikely

Great MOC's here btw, and I love the car that was the main reason why I loved the adventures line so much was the vehicles, it was such a novelty seeing two minifigs sat next to one another