Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL-FB] Crocodile Plantation - Nouveau Oleandia

Herbert's family had lived in the lowlands of Ile Dionysus for generations. Long enough anyway that his accent was nearly incoherent to the settlers trickling into his not so sleepy anymore (literal) backwater. 

CrocPlantation

That was all just fine by him. His large plantation was now doing better than ever. Where before, he had raised the crocs as something between pets and dinner, he now found it hard to keep up with the demand for croc meat and croc leather in the suddenly so popular town of Nouveau Oleandia. 

CrocPlantation_2

In fact, after "Ole' Bessy" won the blue ribbon at the gator pageant, he found a new opportunity/problem in entertaining the curious folks who travelled to the city limits to see where the magic happens. 

CrocPlantation_6

"Now see-ya, dem-teeth-is ???? ?????, but memba, ????? ????? ?????! But, whatevya do! Don' ????? ???? ?????" - Herbert warned the enthralled guests.

"Honey, did you catch that, it seemed like an important safety note?" Deloris asked her husband.

Deloris' husband, "huh, no honey, I'm sure it is perfectly safe. Places like this have very strict guidelines." 

"Now... who y'all wanna come'n down-uh un feed'm?" 

Deloris' Son, "OH! MEMEME!" 

CrocPlantation_5

Yes, even though he had been forced to license his large croc plantation with the new settlement, business was sure doing well for Herbert. 

CrocPlantation_3

He was pleased to see that by offering visitors to pay to feed the crocs he was not only making money, but also cutting down on his own chores. 

CrocPlantation_7

He was quite pleased with himself and the little niche he'd carved out of his little mosquito invested, swampy, crocodile filled slice of heaven. 

CrocPlantation_4

NOTE: Changing continents so all the bricks are packed up. Trapped in a hotel room and committed to studio for a little while. After seeing the croc bonus on the island, I couldn't resist a large croc plantation. Given the flavor of the settlement, this seemed the most appropriate direction to take it. Herbert and Ole Bessy are honored in the parade in the Nouveau Oleandia collab build. 

Fantastic idea and construction!:pir-huzzah2: The plantation with the wooden dock looks great. The fish tank with the palm frond roof is a good idea. Great story! Did Herbert lose his hand in the war?:pir-grin:

Excellent idea and build that suits the island and colony of Nouveau Oleandia so well! The color scheme is really fitting with all the dark green and then the brown wood buildings. The guy having lost his hand is an excellent character detail! I chuckled when the audience member could barely make out what he was saying :laugh:.

Excellent @CapOnBOBS! I've been to a few alligator ranches in southern colorado and texas and you hit the nail on the head :pir-grin:

I love the half-submerged croc and the boardwalks

pir-facebook.png FACEBOOKED!

Very Nice! This is exactly the kind of thing I imagined when I wrote the island description for Crocodile Island! The mixture of greens and trans blocks have succeeded in making it feel really swampy and the board walks came out really nice. Great work!

I've been laughing for a good five minute at this because I love it so much. Great work as always! Is this NO's Tiger King?:pir-grin:

Gorgeous ! That's exactly what I expected for crocodile island to echo @Ayrlego

I have myself such an idea to display but I didn't succeed to finalize a satisfying MOC at the moment, no doubt I will go back to this WIP after seing this !

Really entertaining moc and such a rarity regarding its theme in BOBS (and in general)! Poor (little) creatures...!!!

Edited by blackdeathgr

I love this - such an original idea for the Brick Seas, and everything about the build, from the swampland to the boardwalks and feed toughs are really well done!  For some reason I'm really loving the bit of raised ground where the boardwalk above the swamp ends - the dark green and those bushes and palm trees just look soo realistic.  Got to mention that spear/knife barrier too - great PU and it really works perfectly!  Way to take the island description and make something awesome out of it!