As inspired by pg5200's Buggy and Tamiya's Fighting Buggy, I've built this RC Buggy MOC. It's simple, fast and stable. 

Features:
- Total no. of pieces is less than 400
- Around 1/15 to 1/16 scale
- Requires a BuWizz 1.0/2.0 or CaDA or Mould King remote battery hub (SBrick should be possible by placing the hub on top of the battery box)
- PF Servo Motor for the steering
- RC Buggy Motor or BuWizz Motor for the rear driving
- Gear ratio is 1.4 : 1
- Transverse damper rear suspension similar to Fighting Buggy
- Rear camber angle is about +1 degree
- Optional 4 LED lights (instruction not included)

Instruction available at https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-76795/

Have fun and enjoy!

51178601046_dfc7d0e636_c.jpg

It's not in Minifig scale, just give you an idea of its size.

51177917812_5fe412f768_c.jpg

51177917852_dd197242f1_c.jpg

It has a +1 degree of rear camber angle.

51178823118_2c043f6fe0_c.jpg

Edited by A_C
Added test run video

That's a really good looking buggy, at least it's properly hiding the motors inside the body, but I think you should make a video showing how it works - the gearing matters, so it may be either really slow or won't be able to climb at all etc.

3 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

That's a really good looking buggy, at least it's properly hiding the motors inside the body, but I think you should make a video showing how it works - the gearing matters, so it may be either really slow or won't be able to climb at all etc.

From what i can see it could/should be a 1,4:1 gearing. Could reach 2,5 to 4km/h. Not sure about the torque.

Am I missing something, or does "1° camber" actually mean "I didn't make a strong rear axle"?

2 hours ago, Andman said:

From what i can see it could/should be a 1,4:1 gearing. Could reach 2,5 to 4km/h. Not sure about the torque.

56mm tyres * pi for circumference * 1240rpm on a buggy motor at 9v * 20/28 reduction on the differential * 60 minutes in an hour / 1,000,000 mm in a km

=9.3km/h

With so few parts I'm betting it'll rip.

25 minutes ago, amorti said:

Am I missing something, or does "1° camber" actually mean "I didn't make a strong rear axle"?

It's feature, not a bug!

26 minutes ago, amorti said:

56mm tyres * pi for circumference * 1240rpm on a buggy motor at 9v * 20/28 reduction on the differential * 60 minutes in an hour / 1,000,000 mm in a km

=9.3km/h

I'm tempted to disagree. Looks like the slower output is used, thus 780rpm @9V (According to Philos homepage). That's nearly 6km/h... in theory. But i might be wrong.

@Andman you've come from 2.5-4 to nearly 6, but you're still wrong - one of us read Philo's page wrong (it was you).

I'd like to know how you get 1° of camber in Lego on purpose, unless it means 1° of slack either direction from square.

Edited by amorti

12 minutes ago, amorti said:

@Andman one of us read Philo's page wrong (it was you).

You are referring to the non-loaded characteristics, which is described here:

rpm-v-5292.gif

I was referring to the loaded characteristics.

r5292-t.jpg

Torque

Rotation
speed

Current

Mechanical
power 

Electrical
power 

Efficiency

4.5 V

5.7 N.cm

150 rpm

1.36 A

0.87 W

6.12 W

14 %

6 V

5.7 N.cm

380 rpm

1.38 A

2.27 W

8.28 W

27 %

7.5 V

5.7 N.cm

580 rpm

1.37 A

3.45 W

10.3 W

34 %

9 V

5.7 N.cm

780 rpm

1.40 A

4.61 W

12.6 W

37 %

10.5 V

5.7 N.cm

1030 rpm

1.46A

6.16 W

15.3 W

40 %

I'm again tempted to say that the values from table of loaded characteristics are closer to the real life conditions for this moc than the non-loaded characteristics of that motor.

Your turn :-)

Edited by Andman

Well, it runs on buwizz, so that's 11.2v which would give somewhere over 1030rpm.

I'll accept a mutual loss :pir-huzzah1:

4 minutes ago, amorti said:

Well, it runs on buwizz, so that's 11.2v which would give somewhere over 1030rpm.

I'll accept a mutual loss :pir-huzzah1:

:-D I didn't read that it is powered by a buwizz. That's a game changer. There is only one solution! @A_C, please make a video and show how fast it can go!

Thanks all for your feedback.

First of all, I don't have a BuWizz, and I'm using a compatible Buggy motor only. When the remote battery is fully charged, it has about 8.1V

51181096597_b38d6b887e_c.jpg

And I've just uploaded a test run video but I cannot provide the actual speed in readings. But I think it's pretty fast, and it's definitely not a climber or crawler.

Just added another yellow version at here. It's not only another color version, but also replaced the expensive light reflector parts.

51192931432_d106266bf1_c.jpg