RowiaBuilds

Those Who Remain

Nice, must've taken some work to suspend the skeleton like that. Is the walking stick attached to the rest of the build at all?

55 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Nice, must've taken some work to suspend the skeleton like that. Is the walking stick attached to the rest of the build at all?

The whole build is leaning on the cane, it's not attached. It takes about 10 minutes to pose him without falling over!

Yep, where's the plasma cannon and mini-nuke launcher? That is not what I would want to see coming over the horizon. Well done.

On 5/15/2021 at 11:43 AM, ridgekitten said:

Its fun to make creepy builds! 

True. But to master it, as you did, is so much more.

Your build has become my favorite "those who remain" vision. Everything really resonates. No T3000's, no super human cyborgs. Totally cool.

Thank you very much for sharing - the 10 minutes to pose him are more, much more than worthwhile!

All the best
Thorsten 

Edited by Toastie

16 minutes ago, Toastie said:

...The 10 minutes to pose him are more, much more than worthwhile!

I am planning on making a base, so I can actually show it at cons, if it can't stand up it can't be displayed.

20 minutes ago, ridgekitten said:

if it can't stand up it can't be displayed.

You'll achieve that, I am sure.

Best
Thorsten

Jeepers creepers, this is incredible. I really love how it deliberately plays up being a monster of staggering scale compared to that of the minifig skeleton! The combination of cloth and machinery brings me back to the original Bionicle material, too. Great work!

Very cool build, I can see something like this being a good entry into the Bio-Cup contest! You might want to consider joining this year's contest, @ridgekitten!

8 minutes ago, toastergrl said:

Jeepers creepers, this is incredible. I really love how it deliberately plays up being a monster of staggering scale compared to that of the minifig skeleton! The combination of cloth and machinery brings me back to the original Bionicle material, too. Great work!

I did try to make it look bioniclesque, and I'm glad you liked it!

5 minutes ago, Lego David said:

Very cool build, I can see something like this being a good entry into the Bio-Cup contest! You might want to consider joining this year's contest, @ridgekitten!

Funnily enough, this build was actually a warm-up to biocup! It doesn't have enough Bionicle pieces for me to consider it Bionicle, but that can be changed for future builds! 

20 hours ago, Zhokker said:

I like the result character, reminiscent of a pirate

I don't quite see the resemblance, but thanks nonetheless haha

31 minutes ago, Roses said:

Lovely use of the Bionicle 60928 hook blade for the legs.

It's a lovely weapon, I had gotten a few to make a giant spider, but that didn't pan out. Maybe this fella needs some company though...