Sign in to follow this  
shimon

[MOC] Working minifig scale elevator with opening doors

Hi everyone, 

This is my latest and most complex project, the elevator automatically stops on a desired floor and has automatic doors. 

Everything is done mechanically and no programming involved. using 2 PF motors, 2 PF switches and 9V lights. 

The model is a prototype and can be made cleaner with easier controls when integrated into a building. 

Feedback is appreciated. 

Edited by shimon

I can't even imagine the hours of work that have gone into this, this is truly a magnificent build. The mechanism is too complicated for me to understand, but I have no doubt You've had to go through a lot of trial and error. Maybe you can integrate it into a building of your own!

Hi, 

This looks really cool. I am trying to design my own elevator with my kids. I have a couple of questions:

1. What type of motor are you using to open the doors? It is attached to the top of the elevator, right?

2. Could you explain the mechanism you use for the double doors? I can see that the outer doors have pegs. I guess the inner doors push those pegs to open and close the exterior doors. I can imagine the mechanism to open them, but I can't imagine how you get them to close. 

Thank you!