Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[MOC] Repentance - my new ship

Hello there. Like always, it has been some time since I posted a new ship MOC, but, well, it's finally here.

And by the way, with this ship I started experimenting with Instagram membership, so any feedback there will be highly appreciated too (hope it's not against regulations, and even if it is, we're pirates, so... :pir-classic: ):

https://www.instagram.com/p/COzu_7qhZab/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Anyway, here's "Repentance":

00.jpg

She uses custom sails made from some very nice thick and slightly embossed paper.

01.jpg

The hull was customised using this procedure...

02.jpg

03.jpg

Not much room for a captain's cabin, but at least he has a bed and some rum. :pir-classic:

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Oh, and the ship was built to be eventually used in my COMIC SERIES. When it's back... One day. :) And when this happens, this weird-looking crew (I mean those guys in white seen in the first three pictures) will be explained. But that's another story. For now, that's it, plase leave your comments here and follow me on Instagram if you wish. I'm planning to repost some of my older stuff there soon, not just pirates, other things too. :pir-tongue:

Edited by Dreamweb

Ah, it's one of them Duplo-turned-System type ships, is it? Good work on making it look all System, also, interesting colour choice but as you said, this ones meant for the comic so I'm looking forward to that in the future. Overall, good job on the vessel, dunno what it is, but something is really appealing to me about her. :pir-classic:

Thanks, but no, there is not a single Duplo brick in this ship. The sterncastle piece is from the 4+ Pirate ship though (set 7075):

47992.jpg

On the other hand, I do have a Duplo hull and I am planning to make a System ship based on it, so who knows...

I like the overall idea of this ship and the bleach look it has.

Some nice touches, like the helm and the figurehead.

What did you use for the sails ? looks like embossed paper

4 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

Thanks, but no, there is not a single Duplo brick in this ship. The sterncastle piece is from the 4+ Pirate ship though (set 7075):

47992.jpg

Yeah, I just noticed that while going through BL, seems that at this point I have a problem with recognizing pieces... :kahuka:

4 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

On the other hand, I do have a Duplo hull and I am planning to make a System ship based on it, so who knows..

Well that's better news than my new sickness, we'll see what the future holds, eh? :pir-skel:

5 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

On the other hand, I do have a Duplo hull and I am planning to make a System ship based on it, so who knows...

This was my experiment from last summer with putting LEGO on a Duplo hull. I just added bricks/tiles/minifigs, and I'm sure a lot more could be done!

17 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

Oh, and the ship was built to be eventually used in my COMIC SERIES.

So for those not familiar with the backstory... these are pirates, aye?

I ask so we can enter the appropriate details into the blog post we're working on.

17 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

What did you use for the sails ? looks like embossed paper

Aye, it's very nice. You can see it better in close-ups, like the one with the figurehead.

13 hours ago, evancelt said:

This was my experiment from last summer with putting LEGO on a Duplo hull

That's an interesting approach, I'll definitely keep it in mind when making mine. Especially considering that I have the same hull.:pir-classic:

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

So for those not familiar with the backstory... these are pirates, aye? 

I ask so we can enter the appropriate details into the blog post we're working on.

No, they are not Pirates.

I think it's best to call them merchants, or just simple sailors (the blue crew) who were hired by the people in white for a specific mission. The word mission being the key here. :pir-wink:

When making the blog post, can you please share the link to the Instagram page too? I've just started this page, so spreading the word would be highly appreciated! :pirate:

https://www.instagram.com/p/COzu_7qhZab/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edited by Dreamweb

1 hour ago, Dreamweb said:

No, they are not Pirates.

I think it's best to call them merchants, or just simple sailors (the blue crew) who were hired by the people in white for a specific mission. The word mission being the key here.

Ok, I shall incorporate that into the blog post.

1 hour ago, Dreamweb said:

When making the blog post, can you please share the link to the Instagram page too?

Way ahead of you...

image.png

Thanks, but please remove that Steve thing, that's not even my name, the title was given to me by one of the admins because of past discussions about the minifig informally called Steve (the one from Skull's Eye Schooner), actually I don't like this title all that much.

Edited by Dreamweb

3 minutes ago, Dreamweb said:

Thanks, but please remove that Steve thing, that's not even my name, the title was given to me by one of the admins because of past discussions about the minifig informally called Steve (the one from Skull's Eye Schooner), actually I don't like this title all that much.

As you wish.

Quite an interesting colour scheme, nice use of the big pirate ship piece. So nice build which gets an story on top! Somehow i think you should colorize the sails as well, probably going for some green to fit the dark green accents?

Thanks!

Generally, I prefer white sails. Well, except those released by LEGO of course. On the other hand, a green crocodile head or something like that would probably look good on the sail.

By the way, this ship was recently a part of an exhibition we did, you can see the whole Pirate diorama on my Instagram!

There are three more ships of mine there too: Eternity, El Mono and The Devil Lady. The islands and two other ships were made by two other MOCers, all great stuff.

The exhibition had other things apart from Pirates, too. A Western town and a modern town, plus Star Wars and many individual MOCs. Images from the whole event are HERE.

Edited by Dreamweb

On 5/14/2021 at 6:09 AM, Mister Phes said:

I just updated the images in the first post (the first three pictures showing the whole ship). If you could use the new picture(s) in the blog post, that would be great! :pir-classic:

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dreamweb said:

I just updated the images in the first post (the first three pictures showing the whole ship). If you could use the new picture(s) in the blog post, that would be great!

You'll have to ask @JintaiZ if he has the time to do so.