Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hannibal Joost

[MOC] Modular: The Sushi Restaurant • 寿司屋

A long time ago, I tried to make a Japanese inspired building, but it was not looking that good. Years after, trying to understand what is particular to Japanese architecture, I finally found inspiration for this. Not a big building, but I added some details that should give the mood :)

Nice one!

I really like the way you built the roof with those wheels holder parts and the color scheme, while sober, is perfectly spot on.

On 5/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, Lfm55 said:

Nice one!

I really like the way you built the roof with those wheels holder parts and the color scheme, while sober, is perfectly spot on.

Thank you  :)

On 5/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, noahtheb said:

I love the brick built sign on the front!

Yes, that's a way to keep this building "universal" (with no words), so that every modular city can have a sushi restaurant across the world :)

What an absolute amazing build! It reminds me of Japan, this is truly a masterpiece ! I love the bonsai tree on the back, just beautiful! 

On 5/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, jpx said:

What an absolute amazing build! It reminds me of Japan, this is truly a masterpiece ! I love the bonsai tree on the back, just beautiful! 

Thank you :)

On 5/12/2021 at 8:53 PM, blondasek said:

@Captain Hannibal Joost did you build it already with bricks? I have to admit it looks amazing and the roof building technique is just beautiful!

I build always my model, even with wrong colors or similar pieces just to check if it's stable and strong enough (for AFOL, I mean :)).

There's a "sliding door" inside that I had to check twice if it works: it doesn't open wide, but it works :). And all roof parts are strong enough for me :)