Hello, I've not shown a vessel here in forever. How about a Frigate?

Started in early 2019, this ship stood on my shelf unfinished for almost 2 years at this point. I finally decided to complete the rigging and add the missing sails the last couple weeks. I think this might be my most elaborate rigging job yet, hope it shows!

La Flora is inspired by mid 18th century french frigates. First started but abandoned by Captain Green Hair, I purchased the parts from him and tried to stay close to the initial idea.

Sails are old curtains, coloured with coffee. Not a single reddish brown piece was used in this ship. Ratlines are glued.

No time for long description, here are the pics!

51172135751_d7c3167582_b.jpg

51172304483_3cea39042e_b.jpg

51173170295_4e6d10e5d1_b.jpg

51173170365_70f10a53ca_b.jpg

51172064671_0332642827_b.jpg

51172304408_6a489f26f0_b.jpg

Extra thanks to Sebeus, Kabel and Captain Green Hair for their quick feedback whenever needed!

Edited by JintaiZ
Updated title

1 hour ago, Legostone said:

I've not shown a vessel here in forever. How about a Frigate?

Frigates are very welcome in these waters!

1 hour ago, PxChris said:

Beautiful rigging and sail work!

Thank you!

55 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Oh, another one with the @Legostone touch.

Great rigging ! I love the bow and the rear castle.

Thanks! Also thanks for the Frontpage!

45 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Frigates are very welcome in these waters!

Well, maybe I need to see about more then...

3 minutes ago, Captain Edward said:

Brings back that nostalgia factor! Reminds me a bit of Captain Greenhair's tutorial on how to build a frigate. 

There is a lot of techniques from that tutorial still in this one, and to top it off I'm pretty sure it is the original hull from the tutorial - @Captain Green Hair would have to confirm that though.

5 minutes ago, Captain Edward said:

Brings back that nostalgia factor! Reminds me a bit of Captain Greenhair's tutorial on how to build a frigate. 

@Captain Green Hair is an nostalgia act, after all! :pir-grin:

That is some fantastic rigging and hull work, mate, great to see another ship from you! :pir-sweet:  The golden bits and details (especially in the bow) are excellent too!  Awesome stuff :pir-thumb:

This is terrific! I love it, keep up the good work! 

Maybe I'll find time to get off my butt and finish my frigate. 

Very beautiful and elaborately built ship!

I am glad to see you're still building ships ! :pir-love:

Excellent one ! You didn't lost your skills during all that time !

Congrats for the FP and happy to see you posting in EB again ! :thumbup:

She's a beauty, that's for sure.

There's really nothing to criticize, except maybe that little area where the galleries merge with the broadside, I hadn't noticed that earlier (so it's really nitpicking now), the pearl gold directly on the yellow is in great contrast to that over the black of the galleries. It kind of breaks the whole of the galleries I think.

Great work, love the old brown! The only thin I am missing is a pic with the gun port open to have a broadside ready to shoot! :cannon:

The sail and rigging is very well done, probably you should add an self made flag,too. Then there will be no trouble between bluecoats and armada! :pir-huzzah1:

On 5/12/2021 at 4:03 AM, Sebeus I said:

She's a beauty, that's for sure.

There's really nothing to criticize, except maybe that little area where the galleries merge with the broadside, I hadn't noticed that earlier (so it's really nitpicking now), the pearl gold directly on the yellow is in great contrast to that over the black of the galleries. It kind of breaks the whole of the galleries I think.

Agreed about the small nitpick - either remove the offending upper gold flourish or scrap the aftermost gun port and bring some black forward to “blend” the gallery in with the sides. 

She’s a beautiful build, really well done. Love to see the various frigates, especially since real life had so many different designs as well.