Hello everybody,

it’s five years since my last presented MOC, so it‘s time to share the latest building for my medieval town.

The layout:

The village itself consists of 32x32 modules of scenes that are to be expected in such an environment, so you can find the city walls or residential buildings. The module shown here will be the inn on the market square, more or less the best house on the square.

The technical details:

The visible, not very nice to look at, substructure disappears when the future modules are next to each other. I didn't  want to retouch this because it  belongs to the building and without it cellars or shifts in height would not be possible. Both baseplates can be separated from each other by removing the middle section at the first floor.  Every section is modular, but without interior. Many construction techniques are not my own, especially the small door frames or the window constructions of the ground floor level are copied. Unfortunately I don't know from whom, as it's been a long time since I built these.

Minifigs: 10

Parts: about 11.500

The environment:

The two connected parts of the building stand above the old Roman road, which frays into the market square. At the rear there will be a small square with the stables and a well, the front part is on the market square.

The layout is medieval with fantasy elements, so that the group of minifigures in the foreground can consist of a knight, a magician, an elf and a dwarf.

Have fun watching, more pictures of this MOC and other modules can be found on Flickr.

51168795328_f4f68075dd.jpgFront_Cover by Tabaya, auf Flickr

51169659405_9603a41f49.jpgCorner_backside_1 by Tabaya, auf Flickr

Its beautiful, Brent.

The golden ornaments on the roof walls kinda remind me of Southeast Asian (Siam) architecture, especially combined with the red monochrome  coloring of the main walls. All in all, a building so magnificent does give me the impression of an official building of sorts, like a guild house, or town hall or something.

Great roof tiling - I'm not sure it would look good on a small building, but on this it looks terrific.  The dark orange 'plaster' is a nice look.  Having all those other pictures on your flickr is nice to see the little details you've put around the MOC (like the little tree). 

1 hour ago, Brent and Halfdan said:

The village itself consists of 32x32 modules of scenes that are to be expected in such an environment

I cannot wait to see more of these MOCs together as a village!

What a great looking building, I like the colors and indeed the roof looks very nice for such a large building.

Amazing! So many great details to point out and praise, but I really love how you split the bottom floor (strange thing to praise maybe? :shrug_oh_well:). Great job finding the right balance between historically accurate medieval architecture and plain awesome fantasy elements. Great job! :pir-love:

Thank you all for the nice comments!

22 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

All in all, a building so magnificent does give me the impression of an official building of sorts, like a guild house, or town hall or something.

I also thought that the part of the building with the glass window on the 1st floor could be used as a meeting room for the George Brotherhood or a guild hall. Maybe i can create a little scene around it.

22 hours ago, jtooker said:

I cannot wait to see more of these MOCs together as a village!

I can't wait to put the individual modules together either, but it will still take a while.

14 hours ago, the Inventor said:

What a great looking building, I like the colors and indeed the roof looks very nice for such a large building.

I 'm also very happy with the roof. I was very pleased that it also looks good on the towerroof and that I was able to stay in the system with this smaller part of the building.

7 hours ago, Sarophas said:

Amazing! So many great details to point out and praise, but I really love how you split the bottom floor (strange thing to praise maybe? :shrug_oh_well:).

In fact, separating the lowest level wasn't much of a problem, it was also the last thing I did at the MOC. It's nice when you like it and hardly notice it.

Lovely build.  I like the roof technique and the chimneys look great.  The gold accents are a nice touch and really stand out.  The balcony is nicely done.  The stonework is good with some nice texturing.  Can't wait to see the full layout as this is impressive itself.