Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Tribe of the Akhenaten delta

Deep in the Akhenaten delta, some tribes live almost entirely separated from the rest of Historica. One of those tribes are the Jakw-ar. Not much is known about them as few have encountered them and lived to tell about it. They are believed to be fierce warriors that use the swamps as their hunting ground. 

51134680387_5d64933942_c.jpg

Love the irregular base with the trunk pieces sticking out.  The trees and vegetation look great and have that jungle feel with all the vines and dense canopy.  The green water is a nice touch and you don't even know its there unless you look at the boat.  

I agree with @zoth33, the irregular base with roots is terrific.  The simple 'hint' of a river is a good and subtle effect. I really like the large yellow flowers, which scream 'tropical', or an abundance of fertile soil.  The black panther hiding it back is also a nice detail.  It is fun seeing all the variety in Kaliphlin!

The vines crawling around the tree trunks look really good!  I have mixed feelings about the studded edge... feels kind of bare, and I think the whole MOC would have popped more against a cooler background - but you've definitely got the overgrown jungle feel! 

Fun use of the new tribesmen!  Very interesting build.  I think it's hard to get a dense jungle looking right without making it too chaotic, but by taking a small slice of it here, you've done a great job.  Funny, I didn't even notice the boat until @zoth33 pointed it out, but it looks good.  I think the hanging foliage from the trees is my favorite, though followed a close second by the tree roots sticking out of the sides.  Well done!