Artizan

[Concept Art] – Colin Cantwell's X-wing

I've had the idea of making the model of Colin Cantwell's concept X-wing model for quite some time, and as soon as I saw the contest, it became my opportunity to make it finally:

51169700400_663cbb04c8_k.jpg

51169388664_97b03a0378_k.jpg

51169388834_d1c48cff69_k.jpg

Ref:

nmj2vl.png6E0T3M.png

which is based on Lucas's original sketch from 1974:

vAFtC7.png

Edited by Artizan

Excellent work!  Could you post more detailed pictures (maybe a cutaway view) of the wing mechanism?  I've been thinking of building a Cantwell X-wing in Studio for quite some time, but I haven't been able to figure out the wing box.

Thanks guys!

16 hours ago, icm said:

Excellent work!  Could you post more detailed pictures (maybe a cutaway view) of the wing mechanism?  I've been thinking of building a Cantwell X-wing in Studio for quite some time, but I haven't been able to figure out the wing box.

Here is the mechanism for wings, which is a bit cheating because they won't move and stay like this, you have to take out the pieces, turn wings 90 degrees to each other, and lock it on the axle.

51170255576_6316d280cd_b.jpg

@Artizan The ship's volumetry built is perfect, the shapes and the techniques you did match the source material perfectly :) The Force Is Strong in this one! 

On 6/4/2021 at 5:56 PM, Rui Miguel said:

@Artizan The ship's volumetry built is perfect, the shapes and the techniques you did match the source material perfectly :) The Force Is Strong in this one! 

Thank you!