Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Castle gate of Brikn'eerd

So I know it was waaay to long since I posted anything here, but thankfully I have built a few things so time to post and make sure Kali is still the place to be in Historica :laugh:. I believe @jtooker has kept us going and I hopefully I'll be able to lure @Gideon back sometime soon :grin:

Anyways, here's a build I made a while back for Bricknerd. It depicts the castle gate of Brik'neerd (super-clever name, I know). The castle is located south of Mophet and has been used as a trading post for centuries. Before Mophet grew, settlers in the area would take refuge inside the castle walls in times of peril. 

50799878537_4a45160754_c.jpg   

Thanks for having a look, hopefully I'll be a little more active going forward. 

Looks great.  Nice, simple ornamentation above the doors, and the climbing vegetation is very nice.  Those greens work really well with the tan colors of the wall and ground.

Great looking tower and wall with the ingots.  The crenelations are interesting.  The path and the plants is a nice contrast.  Great work.  

Those colors are lovely - especially the pink flowers against the tan and olive green.

Love the way the round towers look!  The olive vegetation with bright flowers is an interesting combination.  I'm gonna have to think about how I like it. :laugh:

Really beautiful aesthetic.  I love the vegetation, especially the vines winding up the walls.  Clever use of the decorative pieces over the door.  It's very reminiscent of a 19th century castle to me.  Were the rings in the castle towers intentional or an artifact of the build somehow?  The roundness of the towers really looks good.  I also see that you found many of the same elements at the PAB wall as I did!  Nice work!

Great textures all around here.  Smart usage of the log bricks for the door!

Lovely build with great colors, and the textures on the walls and road is very nice.