Sign in to follow this  
hikouki

Need suggestions for mini figs/ CMFs for a SF and NY MOCs

Recommended Posts

(Posted this on BL but thought I might get more responses here.)

I am making a New York and a San Francisco-themed MOCs and I need some suggestions for minifigs from the CMF series, or perhaps any existing ones out there. So far, here is a list of what I came up with:

San Francisco: 
Hippie (series 7) 
Computer Programmer (series 7) 

New York: 
Lady Liberty (series 6) 
Hot Dog guy (series 13) - Coney Island hot dogs? lol 
Police Officer (series 9) - NYPD? 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe add some of those singers and DJs they had

8684-11.jpg?201007270315

This guy can be for both cities:

8684-13.jpg?201009020502

 

8803-15.jpg?201012091107

Skater from series 1 could do well for New York:

8683-6.jpg?201009020510

Traffic Cop from series 2 would do well for San Francisco:

8684-6.jpg?201007270313

It's really up to you at the end of the day, there are so many figures but I'd suggest looking into harvest series because that's when they were making more modernly realistic ones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, you def need one or more of the "NEW YORK" torsos from the NYC stores build-a-fig stations. You can get a handful, dress a whole family in them and make them look like tourists visiting the city. 

Also, The Ghostbusters for NYC. 

Edited by AquaSazers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sailor, the disco diva, the motorcycle mechanic & the dance instructor 

And the hip hop dancer, the diner waitress, the fast food server, and the rainbow bear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gorilla Suit Guy, Lizard Suit Guy, Yuppie, Hot Dog Vendor, Librarain (for Public Library), Rapper, Hip Hop Dancer, Breakdancer for New York City. 

Disco Guy, Disco Diva, Rainbow Bear Suit Guy, Fisherman (?), Sea Captain (?), Ocean King, Sushi Chef (Ninjao CMF for Japantown) for San Francisco. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Gorilla Suit Guy, Lizard Suit Guy, Yuppie, Hot Dog Vendor, Librarain (for Public Library), Rapper, Hip Hop Dancer, Breakdancer for New York City. 

Disco Guy, Disco Diva, Rainbow Bear Suit Guy, Fisherman (?), Sea Captain (?), Ocean King, Sushi Chef (Ninjao CMF for Japantown) for San Francisco. 

Is it Gorilla and Lizard for King Kong and Godzilla, respectively? LOL I love it!

I do think the Sushi Chef would be great for Japantown in SF as well. I read that SF has the oldest (?) Chinatown in the US. So perhaps I'll throw in one of those Chinese New Year minifigs as well.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Is it Gorilla and Lizard for King Kong and Godzilla, respectively? LOL I love it!

I do think the Sushi Chef would be great for Japantown in SF as well. I read that SF has the oldest (?) Chinatown in the US. So perhaps I'll throw in one of those Chinese New Year minifigs as well.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions!

Exactly, Godzilla and King Kong!

Good idea to use Chinese New Year sets for Chinatown!

And welcome to Eurobricks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Also the Series 11 Sax Player

Amazon.com: LEGO Minifigures Series 11, Saxophone Player: Toys & Games

 

And the Series 5 Gangster

 

LEGO Lego-Minifiguras Serie 5 X 1 Violin Case para el gángster de serie 5  Rara fruttiped.com

 

for NY of course

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of great suggestions here; I don't have much to add. Although...

SF:

  • Look up the uniform of the streetcar conductors and/or BART train drivers and try to recreate that.
  • Give any minifig a baguette to reference that famous San Francisco sourdough bread.

NY:

  • A cabdriver

That's all I've got, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2021 at 3:53 AM, Jack Sassy said:

Maybe add some of those singers and DJs they had

8684-11.jpg?201007270315

This guy can be for both cities:

8684-13.jpg?201009020502

 

8803-15.jpg?201012091107

Skater from series 1 could do well for New York:

8683-6.jpg?201009020510

Traffic Cop from series 2 would do well for San Francisco:

8684-6.jpg?201007270313

It's really up to you at the end of the day, there are so many figures but I'd suggest looking into harvest series because that's when they were making more modernly realistic ones.

 

Apologies for the question, but what's harvest series? First time I've heard of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Natant16 said:

Apologies for the question, but what's harvest series? First time I've heard of that

I just used that phrase to describe first couple series (like 1,2 and so on), phrase ''harvest'' is usually used in some music band hits compilation where the ''harvest'' years are the first early few years that have been compiled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

I just used that phrase to describe first couple series (like 1,2 and so on), phrase ''harvest'' is usually used in some music band hits compilation where the ''harvest'' years are the first early few years that have been compiled.

Got it, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.