Paperballpark

[MOC] Modular Chinese Restaurant

Earlier in the year I bought set #80107 Spring Lantern Festival, and I decided it needed a similarly themed modular to sit next to it, so over the past few months I've been building a Chinese Restaurant.

It has three floors plus an attic, with a small kitchen on the lower floor, and outdoor eating areas on two floors. On the top floor it has a fish tank with reeds and fish, and in the attic it has all sorts of forgotten bits and pieces.

Yesterday I finally made myself a light box, so I thought I'd take some proper photos of it.

51165735329_719d287676_c.jpg

51165191678_74feacf274_c.jpg

51165735244_fa38080f36_c.jpg

51165191733_8e0671c6ce_c.jpg

51165191703_52445148c8_c.jpg

More photos are on my Flickr album.

That’s fantastic, and certainly complements the garden, which I picked up to go next to my Palace Cinema.  Might be looking to build something inspired by your excellent efforts here, now that I’ve seen this.

Interesting building. I like the idea how Chinese restaurants assimilate in the older European building. Keeping just a few traditional elements makes them stand out more. Your building looks like a mixture of modular and Asian-inspired and would be interesting to see it aligned with one of the modular buildings.

A hunan. Now this is something I've been wanting to see in the Lego world. Good job! 

Edited by Poodabricks

Very nice! A lot of nice details. I also created a restaurant to fit with the Spring Festival set, but haven't had any time to take images. Really nice!

Wow, lovely! The layout of this is really fun and has quite a distinctive look. I love the latticed shades/trellises over the outdoor dining area.

The interior also looks great, although if I had one concern it's that the kitchen looks awfully small for a restaurant with so much seating!

Thanks! Yes the kitchen is quite small I suppose - my excuse is that when I did the ground floor I'd only planned for the restaurant to use the ground floor, not the whole building! Still, it's only got 42 covers... :)