I feel bad trying to find the best way to use the less pieces I can for my MOCs so for me Technic and Scale models are the opposite but all good MOCs can stay together always.

I will be hapy to come back here. The SMF forum is complete dead for years now and only 10 people where to put some regular post or reply.

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Then it's settled!
It is awesome that we can shape the forum together to be even better, so it was important that we are all okay with moving it back.

We will proceed with the transition, and I am sure our beloved SMF will feel right at home :wub:

7 minutes ago, Milan said:

Then it's settled!
It is awesome that we can shape the forum together to be even better, so it was important that we are all okay with moving it back.

We will proceed with the transition, and I am sure our beloved SMF will feel right at home :wub:

:thumbup:

To be honest, I'm not sure why the scale modelling forum was ever separate; I always felt it weird that it didn't just fall under the Model Team banner...

I think it was a good idea to split the two, it has been tried, it didn't work out as we hoped it would, and then it's a good idea to merge them back.

It's a waste if models aren't posted because of the inactivity. That's a bit of a catch-22 if nothing else ;)

11 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think it was a good idea to split the two, it has been tried, it didn't work out as we hoped it would, and then it's a good idea to merge them back

I absolutely agree here. This is how it should work everywhere else, but usually people are too faint-hearted to take that step.

Second: I also truly believe that builders can mutually learn from each other. For me this is a bit like Industrial Design, where the design is integral part of the mechanism/machine, and not a cover or hood. And to be honest, there are many and powerful non-technic design pieces/elements. 

Also, I find the ample "studs vs. no studs" discussions of high philosophical value for sure, but in the real world, such a discussion would hardly live long ... 

Best
Thorsten

4 hours ago, Toastie said:

Also, I find the ample "studs vs. no studs" discussions of high philosophical value for sure

I don't really even find them of any philosophical value tbh :sceptic:

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

of any philosophical value

Never underestimate the value of philosophy! And discussions. As long as they are that: Philosophical discussions. :pir_laugh2:

(Usually such discussions derail after a couple of reply posts - but then they are not philosophical anymore:pir-laugh:)

Best
Thorsten 

2 minutes ago, Toastie said:

Never underestimate the value of philosophy! And discussions. As long as they are that: Philosophical discussions. :pir_laugh2:

(Usually such discussions derail after a couple of reply posts - but then they are not philosophical anymore:pir-laugh:)

Best
Thorsten 

Here is one extra post about philosophy; how can you recognize philosophy student?

Put halfway full glass of water in front of him / her. Then student will start to philosophy wether glass is halfway full or halfway empty and die of thirst.

6 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

and die of thirst.

these are typically:pir-skel: the Theoretical Philosophy students. Others have a crate of beer and hand. The natural end of such a discussion is the empty crate.

Best
Thorsten

22 minutes ago, Toastie said:

these are typically:pir-skel: the Theoretical Philosophy students. Others have a crate of beer and hand. The natural end of such a discussion is the empty crate.

Best
Thorsten

:iamded_lol:

44 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Here is one extra post about philosophy; how can you recognize philosophy student?

Put halfway full glass of water in front of him / her. Then student will start to philosophy wether glass is halfway full or halfway empty and die of thirst.

And an engineering student will say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

1 hour ago, Pdaitabird said:

And an engineering student will say the glass is twice as big as it needs to be!

:thumbup:

Agree about moving Scale Modeling Forum to join  the Technic and Model Team but feel that new Technic posts would drop off off the front page even quicker !!

Solution:- Move Super Cars to a new dedicated forum called Technic Super Cars. 

49 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Agree about moving Scale Modeling Forum to join  the Technic and Model Team but feel that new Technic posts would drop off off the front page even quicker !!

On 5/8/2021 at 1:22 AM, Milan said:

The amount of new models from SMF may be 2 or 3 per week, so no reason to fear that they will flood the Technic Forum.

50 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

Solution:- Move Super Cars to a new dedicated forum called Technic Super Cars. 

Less (sub)forums, means more activity. And it IS possble to go to page 2 :wink: :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Jim said:

And it IS possble to go to page 2

WHAT? Your are kidding me. Just tried it: Page 2 loads - From top to bottom: Marked as unread. Found out that even page three loads :pir-huzzah2:. Always wondered what the numbers meant ...

However, this is a little of concern: The sheer number of Technic posts (cranes, trucks, and cars) is certainly impressive. And the SMF entries will certainly not flood the Technic forum. It is the other way around, isn't it? A SMF entry may swiftly leave page 1. And then you need to find out about the page 2 secret.

I believe that Technic folks will catch the SMF entries upon moving down the first page - and one comment puts them up front again!

Man. Page 2. :pir_laugh2:

Best
Thorsten

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Less (sub)forums, means more activity. And it IS possble to go to page 2

The google search trained me to never click on the second page. I'm on a level were it cause physical pain to even hover with the cursor over the number two.

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Now, if the top half of the cup is full of water, and the bottom half is truly empty (a vacuum), you may get to watch the lower half of the glass implode!

I believe that the SMF forum should remain for models without motors, mechanics and Technic interior. Because where should scale models of planes, helicopters or cars be published. The Technic and Model team forum should remain for technic and model team models as the name suggests. So if the model has mechanical functions, suspension steering system, fake engine, drivetrain, pneumatics, should be published in the technic and model team section.

3 hours ago, Samolot said:

I believe that the SMF forum should remain for models without motors, mechanics and Technic interior. Because where should scale models of planes, helicopters or cars be published.

Why not here? It’s called “LEGO Technic and Model Team” after all