Hi! I’ve finished new MOC, a scale model of huge mining truck REXX produced by Australian company BIS Industries. The real truck is 14,3 m long and can carry 160 tons :)

BIS-190207-024-e1553035002816.jpg

51156880881_39581bbe97_b.jpg

The scale is 1:15, so my model is 95 cm long. The total weight is 8,5 kg. My truck contains 15 motors and 4 BuWizz receivers.

Functions:

- AWD, five buggy motors, twenty tractor tires

- Suspension, solid axles

- Steering 10 x 6, three servo-motors

- Bin unloading, one XL and one L-motor

- Ladders, two M-motors

- Doors, two M-motors

- Wipers, M-motor

Enjoy the video :)

More photos on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141718063@N06/albums/72157719145182635

51156886231_54ba117bcf_b.jpg

51157671809_b29bb6303e_b.jpg

51157988490_806ca2b9b8_b.jpg

Thanks for watching :)

Good lord that's impressive. The stress those axles are under must be pretty immense

Very impressive! Excelent speed for the huge weight. Congratulations!

Could you share some details of the axles?

Best regards.

Because small models are for weak! :D

I am kidding of course. I prefer much smaller scale, but at the same time I constantly admire creators who can build such a huge models with lego. I designed barely one, let's say, big model (Kirovets K700A - I must say quite popular among Russians :D) and that showed me how many problems such scale generates :)

That's just insane :pir-love: I hope the size doesn't distract from the level of detail because you've clearly put a ton of effort and skill into both.

I'd also like more details about the axles.

A monster! However, I'm surprised how small and normal looking the actual truck is compared to those gigantic CAT and Komatsu haulers. Quite a different approach

Edit : It's also not diesel-electric. Interesting

https://bisindustries.com/rexx/

Edited by 1974

Awesome.

Wicked turn of speed for something that's twice as big and heavy as a big/heavy MOC.

Edited by amorti

Now that's huge! I like the amount of effort you put in it for details, although for me, the motorized ladder and door are a bit pointless, but I guess you had a lot of space, so why not :) I like the cooler build behind the cabin though!

It's great to see the suspension at work under such a heavy model, it seems pretty realistic, I'd also be interested in more details. And also how the axles handle all that load at that speed :)

Wow, it's really fast for such a huge model! Also looks great and works well, congrats!

It would be interesting to learn more about your process: how much time did it take? What were the most challenging parts?

Really cool model. It's funny that the photo of the model looks more real than reference photo of the truck which seems like a render.

I wonder though why is there a cut/blend/morph at 2:50 where you raise the tipper.

55 minutes ago, GTS said:

How is the drivetrain arranged?

Seems like each axle has its own independent buggy motor.

Edited by SaperPL

What a beast! Thats why the Claas tractor wheels are so expensive on bricklink xD

And... Motorized wipers!

Thank you very much for so many positive comments :)

7 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Could you share some details of the axles?

I've inserted a few photos into my detailed video on main channel. Fast output of the buggy-motor drives the new differential gear (from 42109, 42114, 42124) and than planetary hubs from 42099 are mounted. I don't know about auto-translated subtitles, but you can take a look to the video at 4:11 (axles photos) and 7:11, 7:53 (how the suspension works).

5 hours ago, johncarpenter said:

It would be interesting to learn more about your process: how much time did it take? What were the most challenging parts?

I suppose about two months in total. It's hard to mark one challenging part )))) I had some issues with frame strength (it is 5 stud high and 90 cm long), how to unload huge bin, and of course how to replicate very unusual cabin shape :)

31 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

I wonder though why is there a cut/blend/morph at 2:50 where you raise the tipper.

The bin is lifted in two stages controlled by two separate levers in control profile. I've just cut the pause between the first and the second stages )

Truly marvelous machine, and an equally impressive Lego model. Just to make it effortlessly move like that is a feat itself! 

Will be frontpaged later today, together with a small title to your account.

Jaw dropping, amazing what you have achieved, looks good and functions just as well. Not really my cup of tea but hats off to your skills. It is so huge.

Wow, what a behemoth! 8.5 kg, that's 2.5x the weight of one of my 1:8 scale cars *huh* That's crazy...

I like the lifting mechanism for the bed, where a support mechanism does the first bit of work and the mail lifting mechanism takes over once it has a  sufficient working angle. Very intresting.

The frame construction in the middle looked more like for a bridge than a vehicle, but looking at the weight it is better this way.

Two questions:

1. The planetary hubs looked kind of dirty where the two parts meet up. Is that some kind of lubrication you applied or actual plastic dust?

2. The looks seem pretty accurate, but the headlights look off. Why did you use 2 rows of 4 lamps left and right, even though the real one only has one row of 4 lamps per side? It seams to easy to correct you must have a reason?

Magnificent creation, thanks for sharing!

Edited by Gray Gear

Thanks for the longer detailed video, it's still quite informative even without understanding what you are saying :)

I was also wondering about the dirt in the hubs. Is that dirt that the model collected because of outside usage, or is that plastic that was shaved off due to friction? The large movement gap of the hub may suggest the latter I'm afraid..?

Wow, that's an impressive creation. Do you have any idea on the number of parts ?
And the mechanism used to transfer some of the cabin weight to the front is just genius !

Absolutely brilliant!! Wow!! I love this... big moc's really grab my interest, and this is a beauty!! I love it!!

17 hours ago, desert752 said:

I've inserted a few photos into my detailed video on main channel. Fast output of the buggy-motor drives the new differential gear (from 42109, 42114, 42124) and than planetary hubs from 42099 are mounted. I don't know about auto-translated subtitles, but you can take a look to the video at 4:11 (axles photos) and 7:11, 7:53 (how the suspension works).

Thank you, very nice and robust design. It was amazing seeing you coming out of hidding behind the truck - seing that made me realize how huge it actually is - you could nurse a baby in that bed. Really amazing how agile it is at tthat size. Congratulations again!

Thank you! I'm glad you like my new pet :)

19 hours ago, Milan said:

Truly marvelous machine, and an equally impressive Lego model. Just to make it effortlessly move like that is a feat itself! 

Will be frontpaged later today, together with a small title to your account.

Thank you @Milan :)

18 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Two questions:

1. The planetary hubs looked kind of dirty where the two parts meet up. Is that some kind of lubrication you applied or actual plastic dust?

2. The looks seem pretty accurate, but the headlights look off. Why did you use 2 rows of 4 lamps left and right, even though the real one only has one row of 4 lamps per side? It seams to easy to correct you must have a reason?

1. I haven't used a lubrication, so unfortunately planetary hubs started to destroy :(

2. Single lights look a bit too small to my mind . It's just my vision, of course it's easy to fix it :)

6 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

Do you have any idea on the number of parts ?

Regarding to my experience, the number of pieces in thousands is close to the weight in kilograms. It's very approximately, but I suppose the truck contains 8k-9k pieces.